As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Veldime Victory!] Disgaea: Phalla of Darkness | Finale: Rhapsodic Intervention

• El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Funny thing. No one asked me my role at all. Apparently I was invisible or something o_0

El Skid on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Smasher wrote: »
    This game had more lying about roles than any other game I can think of.
    Yeah, I was all "sweet I'm an evil seer, no one is going to expect THAT!" :(

Aldo on
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Also, Mr. Embarkation you were awesome. All trusting 'n shit, despite the fact that I completely flubbed my lying about who I seered (aka didn't seer)

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Oracle fo' lyfe

I got you good <3

Gumpy on
  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    BTW, what was that mid-day seering thing that happened to me?

Smasher on
    edited December 2007
    5 mins.

Nearly at the end.

Gumpy on
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Actually, I see the positive to the spectrum boards. It'll be great material to use in the future when listening to people who are playing in a pre-game, public team like that and how they tend to very poorly influence things for their own team. It'll serve as a good example of why they shouldn't be listened to unless they actually put something behind their posts.

I thought I helped teach people these things in PK's phalla with the institute, but I guess we didn't leave enough impression.

Ardor on
    edited December 2007
    It's the fiiiinal coooooooountdoooooooown!

Smasher on
  • cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Ardor wrote: »
    Actually, I see the positive to the spectrum boards. It'll be great material to use in the future when listening to people who are playing in a pre-game, public team like that and how they tend to very poorly influence things for their own team. It'll serve as a good example of why they shouldn't be listened to unless they actually put something behind their posts.

I thought I helped teach people these things in PK's phalla with the institute, but I guess we didn't leave enough impression.

I was just thinking the same thing as I was reading their board, heh.

cheez on
    edited December 2007
    t-t-t-tiiiiime

Aldo on
    edited December 2007
    and no update

Oh lord what

The world is broken.

Gumpy on
    edited December 2007
    Your face is broken.

cheez on
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I wonder if I would have lived longer if I wasn't accidentally killed that one day.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
    edited December 2007
    cheez wrote: »

I'm pretty sure you were one of the ones who did not have fond feelings for us when we revealed out boards.

So I'm a hypocrite for bringing the whole thing up anyways, but it does serve as a lesson to be learned.

I mean, do it for fun, absolutely, but be careful about taking too much fun away from others. That's the lesson I learned from the insane asylum.

Ardor on
    edited December 2007
    Your face is broken.

Hey, you kept calling me stupid :|

Gumpy on
    edited December 2007
    Saburbia wrote: »
    I wonder if I would have lived longer if I wasn't accidentally killed that one day.
    accident? HAH!

Aldo on
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Oh man... I loved bein' a thief this Phalla. I got to get creative with my order PMs.

Oats on
    edited December 2007

My target was Mr. Embarkation, but since it was RNG between everyone not smasher or cheez, it really didn't matter. You were as good as any because we didn't have any information to work with when I died.

Ardor on
  • duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Did you kill me as well?

durax on
    edited December 2007
    Locus wrote: »
    For all the talk about the demons being invincible, that Ardor/Smasher combo role was brutal.

The role itself wasn't actually as powerful as it seemed; we were essentially just a vigilante/guardian mason combo, which was hardly out of line with the other powers in the game. What ended up keeping me alive forever was the items; the Falcon up on Ardor gave me an extra night after he died, then you had to kill him again, and then the bucket saved me the night after that. We actually had one more guard from an item for last night, but events went otherwise.

Smasher on
    edited December 2007
    durax wrote: »
    Did you kill me as well?

I'd have to go check who all I killed. Anyone Smasher announced probably was me for the first 2-3 days.

My revenge kills hit Saburbia and Pretentious.

Ardor on
    edited December 2007
    I had zero items throughout the game. It made me feel left out. But then I enslaved Thorgot again and all was right. ^w^

Aldo on
  • Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Oatway wrote: »
    Oh man... I loved bein' a thief this Phalla. I got to get creative with my order PMs.
    Considering how I was signing off my Scry/Thief orders, I could been more creative. >_<
    I mean, Garret's robot eye could of been the Seering device.

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2007

I'm pretty sure you were one of the ones who did not have fond feelings for us when we revealed out boards.

So I'm a hypocrite for bringing the whole thing up anyways, but it does serve as a lesson to be learned.

I mean, do it for fun, absolutely, but be careful about taking too much fun away from others. That's the lesson I learned from the insane asylum.

Absolutely, and yeah, I was probably the most vocal in denouncing your group back then.

I feel great vindication in finding out that TehSpectre planned to use his status as Representative to create an entirely separate win condition for his group. And this, after he was whining about Smasher not being a confirmed enough good guy to be trusted with the position.

cheez on
    edited December 2007
    So, question. Where there really 9 demons? I swear MrBlarney's numbers from the proposal showed 8. I ask because Corp. Shepard was, to my knowledge, the final prinny. I wasn't sure whether he converted or not.

thorgot's resopnses seem to indicate they were neutral, meaning shepard isn't the final demon.

Ardor on
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Deceit much? It's Phalla!

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited December 2007
    The really great part about that was that every single argument he used against me applied to himself as well.

Smasher on
    edited December 2007
    Did you kill me as well?

I'd have to go check who all I killed. Anyone Smasher announced probably was me for the first 2-3 days.

So you killed me the second time? :/

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    edited December 2007
    So, question. Where there really 9 demons? I swear MrBlarney's numbers from the proposal showed 8. I ask because Corp. Shepard was, to my knowledge, the final prinny. I wasn't sure whether he converted or not.

thorgot's resopnses seem to indicate they were neutral, meaning shepard isn't the final demon.
    You could wait a few moments for CJ. :P

Aldo on
  • LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    For all the talk about the demons being invincible, that Ardor/Smasher combo role was brutal.

The role itself wasn't actually as powerful as it seemed; we were essentially just a vigilante/guardian mason combo, which was hardly out of line with the other powers in the game. What ended up keeping me alive forever was the items; the Falcon up on Ardor gave me an extra night after he died, then you had to kill him again, and then the bucket saved me the night after that. We actually had one more guard from an item for last night, but events went otherwise.
    Having an invincible villager around which to form a network is pretty powerful. ;-) Even without the vigilante/guardian stuff!

Locus on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Al Baron wrote: »
    Oatway wrote: »
    Considering how I was signing off my Scry/Thief orders, I could been more creative. >_<
    I mean, Garret's robot eye could of been the Seering device.
    Man, I've only ever done "I'd like to ____"

I'm a professional.

Elendil on
    edited December 2007

Nion was the final demon

Gumpy on
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Gumpy wrote: »

Nion was the final demon

Nion had better be the final demon. D:

El Skid on
    edited December 2007

Having an invincible villager around which to form a network is pretty powerful. ;-) Even without the vigilante/guardian stuff!

The fact that the seers weren't very reliable (the roles, not the people) made it a pain in the ass, let me tell you.

Smasher on
    edited December 2007
    Did you kill me as well?

Here's how it worked. CJ forgot that I got to choose who I take down with me, so he RNG'd you. I sent him Mr. Embarkation. He rectified the situation and brought you back to life to kill Embark and I told him we should just leave it as it is because all I knew at the time was I shouldn't kill smasher or cheez. So we stayed with you.

That's the impression I have for your death sequences.

Ardor on
    edited December 2007
    Gumpy wrote: »

Nion was the final demon

Did you seer him that way?

Smasher on
    edited December 2007

The fact that the seers weren't very reliable (the roles, not the people) made it a pain in the ass, let me tell you.

Yeah, I think it's an amazingly lucky coincidence that two of them succeeded on me on back-to-back nights.

And that I didn't have any items either time, thus allowing them to seer me rather than steal from me.

cheez on
  • Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Pretty sure you could of figured it out, but I succeded in all my Scry/Thief attempts.

Sorry I lied to you. >_>

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2007
    Did you kill me as well?

Here's how it worked. CJ forgot that I got to choose who I take down with me, so he RNG'd you. I sent him Mr. Embarkation. He rectified the situation and brought you back to life to kill Embark and I told him we should just leave it as it is because all I knew at the time was I shouldn't kill smasher or cheez. So we stayed with you.

That's the impression I have for your death sequences.

So CJ killed me the first time and brought me back to life and then your revenge kill got me the night after.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    edited December 2007
    Al Baron wrote: »
    Pretty sure you could of figured it out, but I succeded in all my Scry/Thief attempts.

Sorry I lied to you. >_>

I did not in fact figure that out.

How come?

Smasher on