As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Veldime Victory!] Disgaea: Phalla of Darkness | Finale: Rhapsodic Intervention

• GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Smasher wrote: »
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Ardor wrote: »
    So, question. Where there really 9 demons? I swear MrBlarney's numbers from the proposal showed 8. I ask because Corp. Shepard was, to my knowledge, the final prinny. I wasn't sure whether he converted or not.

thorgot's resopnses seem to indicate they were neutral, meaning shepard isn't the final demon.

Nion was the final demon

Did you seer him that way?

Either that of the prinnies has us destroyed.

But, Nions actual actions were as evil as they come. Just popping up on the last day to say "Hey guys don't mind me I'm not evil."? Evil Evil Evil.

Gumpy on
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Saburbia wrote: »
    durax wrote: »
    Did you kill me as well?

I'd have to go check who all I killed. Anyone Smasher announced probably was me for the first 2-3 days.

My revenge kills hit Saburbia and Pretentious.

So you killed me the second time? :/

Here's how it worked. CJ forgot that I got to choose who I take down with me, so he RNG'd you. I sent him Mr. Embarkation. He rectified the situation and brought you back to life to kill Embark and I told him we should just leave it as it is because all I knew at the time was I shouldn't kill smasher or cheez. So we stayed with you.

That's the impression I have for your death sequences.

So CJ killed me the first time and brought me back to life and then your revenge kill got me the night after.

Technically, my revenge kill was you. However, I was supposed to choose it. So he brought you back to life because it was a mistake (trust me, I know about making mistakes) so I could kill my intended target instead. We talked and I told him to just keep it that way as I was getting information when I was dead, I figured you were too so we should just have you stay dead.

I deleted a few pms with information that would've changed some of what I did when I came back to life and I figured if I was getting that kinda stuff, you would've too with your family claim you gave me. Sorry.

Ardor on
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Did you kill me as well?

I'd have to go check who all I killed. Anyone Smasher announced probably was me for the first 2-3 days.

Here's how it worked. CJ forgot that I got to choose who I take down with me, so he RNG'd you. I sent him Mr. Embarkation. He rectified the situation and brought you back to life to kill Embark and I told him we should just leave it as it is because all I knew at the time was I shouldn't kill smasher or cheez. So we stayed with you.

So CJ killed me the first time and brought me back to life and then your revenge kill got me the night after.

Technically, my revenge kill was you. However, I was supposed to choose it. So he brought you back to life because it was a mistake (trust me, I know about making mistakes) so I could kill my intended target instead. We talked and I told him to just keep it that way as I was getting information when I was dead, I figured you were too so we should just have you stay dead.

I deleted a few pms with information that would've changed some of what I did when I came back to life and I figured if I was getting that kinda stuff, you would've too with your family claim you gave me. Sorry.

Aww man I didn't get any information, just that people knew I was innocent. :(

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Al Baron wrote: »
    Pretty sure you could of figured it out, but I succeded in all my Scry/Thief attempts.

Sorry I lied to you. >_>

I did not in fact figure that out.

How come?
    Blame the doubt and chaos the Spectrums caused, dood.

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Did you kill me as well?

I can understand your reasoning, but that still makes me D:. I'd assumed the demons did him in.

Smasher on
    edited December 2007
    Ok I need to be off within mins. Where is that final update D:

It cannot be late.

I will be here when it happens.

I will be.

Gumpy on
  • cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Nion was fortunate that the inactives he was hiding amongst were granted so many extensions before they finally got removed.

cheez on
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Oh by the way- letting people write bits of the narration was awesome, guys. Great job with this Phalla!

El Skid on
    edited December 2007
    cheez wrote: »
    Nion was fortunate that the inactives he was hiding amongst were granted so many extensions before they finally got removed.

I told people there was an evil amoung those guys.

But noooo.

also why did you keep calling me stupid :|

Gumpy on
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Oh yeah, who the hell was controlling the tribunal? They had an annoying habit of picking network members.

The Prinny Tribunal subpoenas were...
    randomly generated, dood.

WHAT

THE

FUCK

I would have literally bet my eternal soul that this was the exact opposite of the truth.

God I was spouting utter nonsense the entire game.

Seriously on
    edited December 2007
    I said you were saying stupid things in the thread that were drawing my attention.

cheez on
  • Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    Honestly Gumpy you were saying some dumb stuff

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
    edited December 2007
    But I survived

Gumpy on
    edited December 2007
    But I survived

queue the portal song...

El Skid on
  • Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    El Skid wrote: »
    But I survived

queue the portal song...
    I never did use my cake.

Wonder who got it.

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Where are the results?! I want so badly to read...

Rend on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Finale
    Rhapsodic Intervention

makainews.jpg

Good evening, Veldime. I'm Usagi, with our final broadcast.

And this is Pleinair.

What's with her?! She's not supposed to t-

This is our last broadcast, so I'll say whatever I want.

Thank you. Tonight, Veldime, we offer the long-awaited resolution to the tense stand off that occured at the Palace of the Demon Overlord, Vyers, aka Mid-Boss.

I don't believe he likes being called that.

He'll live.

A handful of Veldimians reportedly ventured to the Overlord's lair at his request, in response to invitations that offered them 'a spot of tea'.

Then there was fighting.

Yes, almost certainly. For a number of hours now, our on-site news team have reported hearing nothing but laser blasts, explosions, detonations of energy bursts, and the occasional...

Pounding of metal against flesh.

Colorful.

Judging from the nature of the explosion, it is believed that at least one Prinny met his end this evening.

I got his autograph.

Really?

Not really, no.

The explosions quieted down not long after the penguin's perceived demise, yet fighting continued.

Yet, shortly after the Prinny's demise, hidden cameras revealed that a large robot protected a peculiar earthling from the wrath of the Dark Adonis.

It is this news desk's firm understanding that after this incident, the Mid-Boss was completely obliterated. Air the clip, if you please.

[static]

The tape was confiscated.

What? How?

Assembly Viewing Night.

Regardless of the unknown nature of the outcome, we do still have our ace reporter, Yukimaru on site with exclusive interviews. Yuki?

-Yes, zam. I am here with the Defenders of Earth, who saved Veldime once again from this terrifying menace, zam. What would you like to say to your fans, zam, Commissioner?

C-..co...commissioner!? Young lady, I am the one, the only, the glorious Intergalactic Hero, Gor-

[WHACK*THUD*BZZT*:whistle:]

Bzzt-, greetings, ace reporter, I am Thursday, sentient Defender of Earth Protection Unit Model-

Ah, yes, zam, we've met. May... I ask why you incapacitated your leader?

Bzzt-, Hero would be a pile of ash if not for Thursday. Also, Thursday is now the main character.

You're... what, zam?

Thursday is no longer Thursday, Thursday is now Cornet, Princess of the Marl Kingdom:whistle:! Would you like to hear a song:whistle:?

You must be malfunctioning, zam.

Whennnnn I was alone as oneeeeeee:whistle:

Ah, back to you, Usagi and Pleinair, zam. [frantic throat cutting gestures]

As a reminder, Earth Defender Robot Thursday-Cornet's hit new album, Love Justice Earth Shine is now available at all fine Rosenqueen retailers.

That's it. I quit.

You'll be back.

Final Results

Corp.Shephard, Lieutenant of the Prinny Squad, deceased
    Nion, Overlord Vyers, The Dark Adonis, deceased
    Gumpy, Earth Defender Thursday-Cornet, survived
    El Skid, Earth Defender Gordon, survived

village.jpg

VELDIME VICTORY!

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    Rend if Robothero decides to be dumb and puts up the signups for his phalla

save my place in line while I'm at class would you?

Obbi on
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Obbi wrote: »
    Rend if Robothero decides to be dumb and puts up the signups for his phalla

save my place in line while I'm at class would you?

Done.

Also: Veldime FTW! What now, demon suckas?

Rend on
    edited December 2007
    oh right

*fanfare* hooray for the villlaaaage

when's the last time the bad guy group won a main phalla? I mean, besides that whole Loki fiasco in Frosteey's phalla.

Obbi on
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Full Party List

Orc Party - favors food
    Dorian
    Alfonso
    Boyce
    Domenic

Ghost Party - were asleep 50% of the time.
    Eugene
    Turk
    Micah
    Jana

Mothmen Party - favors food
    Holly
    Leanne
    Dulisa
    Reid

Holy Dragon Party - always reacted negatively to bribes.
    Ira
    Jectu
    Espinosa
    Zopot

Baciel Party - Baciels always voted the opposite way of their intention, due to drunkenness.
    Cox
    Ebboop
    Lequa
    Josefa

Wood Golem Party - favors drinks
    Amparo
    Kelso
    Tara
    Clair

Legendary Senators
    Venus
    Ares
    Tengan

---

How the Assembly Worked

Senators started with a neutral disposition, generally, and then were RNGed for if they had a particular view on a proposal. They could be any of five states; against, leaning no, neutral, leaning yes, or in favor of. (25, 40, 50, 60, and 75 default disposition in order)

Items were sorted into four categories, roughly.

Minor Bribes - either food or drink, these gave a +5 effect to the senator's disposition, and a +1 effect to anyone of the same party. Senators of opposing parties received a -1 to their disposition. Examples are Mint Gum and Soda.

Moderate Bribes - either food or drink, these gave a +15 effect to the senator's disposition, and a +3 effect to anyone of the same party. Senators of opposing parties received a -3 to their disposition. Examples are Cotton Candy and Protein Shakes.

Major Bribes - either food or drink, these gave a +25 effect to the senator's disposition, and a +5 effect to anyone of the same party. Senators of opposing parties received a -5 to their disposition. Examples are Sundaes and Sake.

Items - the three default items were Gold, Bombs, and Chloroform. Gold gave a +30 effect to any one senator's disposition, without affecting others. Bombs ensured a senator would remain awake. Chloroform ensured a senator would be asleep.

After dispositions were finalized, the senators would vote. This was accomplished by rolling a d100 - if the senators rolled the appropriate number, they would vote "aye". For example, a totally neutral senator has a 50% chance of voting "aye" and a 50% chance of voting "nay". When bribed with a Mint Gum, that increases to a 55% chance of voting "aye" and 45% chance of voting "nay".

Legendary Senators had slightly different effects.

Legendary Senator Ares - Upon his vote, he would either eliminate all of the votes above or below him.

Legendary Senator Venus - Upon her vote, the two people adjacent to her would vote the same way.

Legendary Senator Tengan - Tengan would request an item at the beginning of the day. Upon receiving that item, he would vote whichever way the person wanted.

Legendary Senator Jan Itor - thrown in as a joke, Jan Itor would eliminate Dorian's vote and vote the opposite way.

Hylianbunny on
    edited December 2007
    HOORAY

I DID NOT HELP OUT IN THE LEAST BUT HOORAY

Seriously on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    alright, victory by association!

eat it demons

mrpaku on
    edited December 2007
    What? I'm the main Character!

Darned robots.

On the bright side, we won! Go Defenders of the Earth! :D

El Skid on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Top of the page repost, because I have the worst timing in all of humankind.
    Finale
    Rhapsodic Intervention

makainews.jpg

Good evening, Veldime. I'm Usagi, with our final broadcast.

And this is Pleinair.

What's with her?! She's not supposed to t-

This is our last broadcast, so I'll say whatever I want.

Thank you. Tonight, Veldime, we offer the long-awaited resolution to the tense stand off that occured at the Palace of the Demon Overlord, Vyers, aka Mid-Boss.

I don't believe he likes being called that.

He'll live.

A handful of Veldimians reportedly ventured to the Overlord's lair at his request, in response to invitations that offered them 'a spot of tea'.

Then there was fighting.

Yes, almost certainly. For a number of hours now, our on-site news team have reported hearing nothing but laser blasts, explosions, detonations of energy bursts, and the occasional...

Pounding of metal against flesh.

Colorful.

Judging from the nature of the explosion, it is believed that at least one Prinny met his end this evening.

I got his autograph.

Really?

Not really, no.

The explosions quieted down not long after the penguin's perceived demise, yet fighting continued.

Yet, shortly after the Prinny's demise, hidden cameras revealed that a large robot protected a peculiar earthling from the wrath of the Dark Adonis.

It is this news desk's firm understanding that after this incident, the Mid-Boss was completely obliterated. Air the clip, if you please.

[static]

The tape was confiscated.

What? How?

Assembly Viewing Night.

Regardless of the unknown nature of the outcome, we do still have our ace reporter, Yukimaru on site with exclusive interviews. Yuki?

-Yes, zam. I am here with the Defenders of Earth, who saved Veldime once again from this terrifying menace, zam. What would you like to say to your fans, zam, Commissioner?

C-..co...commissioner!? Young lady, I am the one, the only, the glorious Intergalactic Hero, Gor-

[WHACK*THUD*BZZT*:whistle:]

Bzzt-, greetings, ace reporter, I am Thursday, sentient Defender of Earth Protection Unit Model-

Ah, yes, zam, we've met. May... I ask why you incapacitated your leader?

Bzzt-, Hero would be a pile of ash if not for Thursday. Also, Thursday is now the main character.

You're... what, zam?

Thursday is no longer Thursday, Thursday is now Cornet, Princess of the Marl Kingdom:whistle:! Would you like to hear a song:whistle:?

You must be malfunctioning, zam.

Whennnnn I was alone as oneeeeeee:whistle:

Ah, back to you, Usagi and Pleinair, zam. [frantic throat cutting gestures]

As a reminder, Earth Defender Robot Thursday-Cornet's hit new album, Love Justice Earth Shine is now available at all fine Rosenqueen retailers.

That's it. I quit.

You'll be back.

Final Results

Corp.Shephard, Lieutenant of the Prinny Squad, deceased
    Nion, Overlord Vyers, The Dark Adonis, deceased
    Gumpy, Earth Defender Thursday-Cornet, survived
    El Skid, Earth Defender Gordon, survived

village.jpg

VELDIME VICTORY!

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited December 2007
    I'll read this when I'm back here later tonight, as I'm sure they'll reveal the mechanics of everything by that time.

Good job, dudes from the last couple o' nights.

Obbi on
    edited December 2007
    BEEP

YOU HUMANS/DEMONS NEVER DID SUSPECT MY TRUE FORM.

BUT NOW I AM THE MAIN CHARACTER. YOU ARE ALL FINE SUB CHARACTERS.

I BEAT THE DEMON OVERLORD DOWN WITH MY RUSTY METAL HANDS

WILL YOU NOT SING WITH ME

SPECTRUM VIOLET, WILL YOU OPEN OUR BOARD?

BOOP

Gumpy on
    edited December 2007
    WHO KILLED ME I MUST KNOW

Seriously on
  • LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Good game, guys. When I find out who killed me I am coming after you!

Locus on
    edited December 2007
    Whee! All is forgiven!

cheez on
    edited December 2007
    I'll be posting information sporadically, starting with the roles.

Oh, and for the record:

-Corp. Shephard - dead from Vyers
    -Nion - dead to vote(failed Tribunal saving roll), targeted Corp. Shephard & El Skid
    -El Skid - guarded
    -Gumpy - survivor

Nion had alternating kills, and he wouldn't have received any tomorrow. He had been upgraded to two kills due to the death of Laharl on the day prior.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited December 2007
    Locus wrote: »

Here's a hint: the episode title.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007

Yeah, that's what I assumed. But which one?

Edit: Also this is the first time I've ever been on the receiving end of a bandwagon.

Locus on
    edited December 2007
    What's the Tribunal saving roll, and what would have happened if he'd succeeded in it?

cheez on
    edited December 2007
    And how could I forget, Gumpy's final proposal:
    I want to be the main character!

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Time to slap Nion in the face a few times for being so inactive. :( What's the fun in phallaing when you're not participating?

Anyway, congratulations Gumpy, I was onto you when you were asking all those weird questions to me after Qorzm died, but I don't think we ever targeted you.

There is only one thing I want to know now: why did Jester not contact Qorzm?

Aldo on
    edited December 2007

Yeah, that's what I assumed. But which one?

Rozalin-Jester.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    There was a 50% chance of Nion dodging the vote.

That means someone else would have eaten it, and Nion had two kills, so possibility that shit went down differently. 50/50

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited December 2007
    Much of the drama surrounding the 'unknown' overlord will be hopefully resolved once I post the role PMs, so I'll get right on that.

And yes, what Infidel said. There was a chance for Nion to evade the vote, and had that happened, this may have turned out differently.

Nion pleaded guilty.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    That bucket screwed us over.

And that Jester guy.

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions