As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dungeons & Dragons at PAX Australia 2017

MerricBMerricB Registered User regular
G'day, folks!

We'll be running the following D&D Adventurers League adventures at PAX Aus 2017:

DDAL07-01 A City on the Edge, by Rich Lescouflair
Often called the “Gateway to Chult”, the exotic city of Port Nyanzaru is built upon a landscape both mystifying and marvellous. However, the city’s vibrant beauty is overshadowed by a mysterious scourge that plagues all within the land. Can the divergent forces within the city discover the truth before all are overcome by this growing threat?

Five one-hour missions for level 1-4 characters. (Each mission will be run in a separate 90-minute slot).

DDAL07-03 A Day at the Races by Ruty Rutenberg
The Merchant Princes have a treat in store for everyone! A new team-based event has been added to the roster and the factions are throwing their hats into the ring. Climb aboard and saddle up! Part One of The Jungle Has Fangs Trilogy.

A two-hour adventure for level 1-4 characters.

DDAL07-04 A Walk in the Park by Satine Phoenix
A mysterious clue has led you outside of the safety of the city’s walls and into the jungle beyond. You have been asked to venture into the jungle and seek out the wisdom of some of the native humanoids in the area—perhaps they will be able to shed some light on the situation and provide some insight on who is behind it all. Part Two of The Jungle Has Fangs Trilogy.

DDAL07-05 Whispers in the Dark by Travis Woodall
The temple lay just ahead, and within the answers to a great many questions about the recent goings on in Port Nyanzaru. The journey here has been long and arduous and hopefully soon at an end. Leave your trepidations at the door; there’s exploring to be done! Part Three of The Jungle Has Fangs Trilogy.

Merric's Notes:
We'll be providing everything people need to play the game, including pre-generated characters and dice, but you can bring your own character as long as it conforms to D&D Adventurers League guidelines.

We should have eight tables. Five of the tables will be running individual missions from A City on the Edge with the remaining tables running trilogy adventures. The 1-hour missions will begin every 90 minutes, and the 2-hour missions will begin every 3 hours - giving us enough time to explain the rules, add some additional role-playing, and deal with the unexpected.

Sign-ups will be done on the day, and you can only sign-up for the next session. Sorry, but the demand is such that it's the fairest way to do it (and we don't get problems with people signing up days in advance and then not turning up...)

Let me know if you have any questions!

Cheers,
Merric Blackman
merricb@yahoo.co.uk

• MerricBMerricB Registered User regular
    If you have a group (or can find a group) of 6 players that have level 5-10 characters (that are D&D Adventurers League legal), we'll be happy to run a table for you - most likely in an 8 pm slot or on Friday morning.

Cheers,
    Merric

• sennohkisennohki Hobart, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    should we build characters ahead of time if we haven't play AL before?

• vonhistvonhist Mr Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    They have pre generated characters you can use. Looking forward to my yearly ration of AL. :P

• sorce_battlemagesorce_battlemage SingaporeRegistered User new member
    Ahhh, glad to see there will be a chance of D&D games - looking forward to it!

• alfaralfar Registered User new member
    Looking forward to the games. Like last year I hope to play for the majority of time in PAX. Would it be possible to book sessions in the morning for that set day? Yes, I know I'm being tragic about this.

• mizhannimizhanni Registered User new member
    Is there the scope to join in as an absolute and complete newbie? Who is enthusiastic but never had the guts to try it before? As a massive fan of fantasy/science fiction and someone who has spent hours lost in choose your own adventure fantasy books I think this might be my kind of thing... Looking forward to finding out hopefully!

• vonhistvonhist Mr Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Will the hour sessions go 10, 11.30, 1 etc or 10.30, 12, 1.30 etc. I realise the first game won't start dead on 10, just trying to get feel of how it will fit in with going to panels.

mizhanni wrote: »
    Is there the scope to join in as an absolute and complete newbie? Who is enthusiastic but never had the guts to try it before? As a massive fan of fantasy/science fiction and someone who has spent hours lost in choose your own adventure fantasy books I think this might be my kind of thing... Looking forward to finding out hopefully!

Most of the players we have are brand new. You'll fit right in! (And yes, it's easy to play).

Cheers,
    Merric

vonhist wrote: »
    Will the hour sessions go 10, 11.30, 1 etc or 10.30, 12, 1.30 etc. I realise the first game won't start dead on 10, just trying to get feel of how it will fit in with going to panels.

The RPG section starts at 11 am, so the shorter games will start at...
    11 am, 12:30 pm, 2 pm, 3:30 pm, 5 pm, 6:30 pm, 8 pm, 9:30 pm.

Cheers,
    Merric

alfar wrote: »
    Looking forward to the games. Like last year I hope to play for the majority of time in PAX. Would it be possible to book sessions in the morning for that set day? Yes, I know I'm being tragic about this.

We'll only allow bookings for the next upcoming session. We ran into too many problems with people saying they'd come later and not turning up.

Cheers!