As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twilight Imperium: 4th edition - Game #1: And they're off!

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Just so it's easier for bookkeeping when scanning the posts for orders...

When a transaction is finalized, state "(proposal) is accepted" in your bolded player color"

It helps separate the offered proposals from the finalized accepted ones.

MrBody on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Exhaust my remaining influence-carrying planets to put 4 votes AGAINST.

Ball is in @Hedgethorn's court.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    @Preda's proposal to exchanging Support for the Throne with the Winnu is ACCEPTED.
    Cast 14 votes FOR the motion.

• HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    @Brody for the final vote.

Oh, I missed seeing that proposal. Really shows how little attention I've been paying, yikes.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Sorry Blarney, even if I wanted to swing against into a win, there are too many votes on the other side.

For. Exhaust one planet/vote

@MrBody

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    edited October 2017
    Second agenda results
    Winnu: 9 votes FOR
    L1z1x: 4 votes AGAINST
    Creuss: 0 votes left
    Jol-Nar: 0 votes left
    Arborec: 14 votes FOR
    Letnev: 1 vote FOR

Dealing 2 action cards to FOR voters

MrBody on
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    My Diplomacy Rider card succeeds; everyone please place a command token in Mecatol Rex.

edited October 2017
    @Elvenshae to choose target system for Diplomacy Rider
    @Mojo_Jojo to choose target planet for Construction Rider

MrBody on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Place my space dock on Wellon

Given Elvenshae's lockdown of Metacol Rex, really one of Brody, Preda and MrBlarney need to pick the Imperial strategy

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    Status + Agenda phase log
    jol nar +1 vp lead from the front
    Creuss get arborec trade agreemnt note
    Jol nar get l1z1x cybernetic note
    L1z1x get jol nar research agreement note
    +1/+1 Sakulag
    Letnev & winnu exchage ceasefire notes
    winnu & arborec exchange support for throne
    +1 VP winnu & arborec
    Diplomacy rider everyone but Creuss place tokenin Mecatol
    Construction rider plae Jol Nar dock on Wellon
    2 action cards dealt to FOR voters

edited October 2017
    Round 3 - Strategy Phase

Map (+1 Arborec infantry on Quann)
    kfxXtnUm.png
    full map

(unit visual reference)
    (max component restrictions per player: 8 destroyers, 8 cruisers, 4 carriers, 5 dreadnoughts, 2 war suns, 5 PDS, 3 space docks)

Objectives
    I - Lead from the Front - Spend a total of 3 tokens from your strategy and/or tactics pool. 1 VP Jol-Nar
    I - Diversify Research - Own 2 technologies in each of 2 colors. 1 VP
    I- Develop Weaponry - Own 2 unit upgrade technologies. 1 VP
    I- Negotiate Trade Routes - Spend 5 trade goods. 1 VP
    I- ???
    II- ???
    II- ???
    II- ???
    II- ???
    II - ???

Victory Track
    MrBlarney - 0
    Elvenshae - 2
    Mojo - 1
    Hedgethorn - 1
    Brody - 1
    Preda - 1
    Technologies
    Ciz5AvY.png

Promissory notes (any player may give these to another. "Black player" is just the example; insert your own color)
    Race specific promissory notes (only the stated race may give these)

Player mats

MrBlarney
    5 action cards
    1 secret objective
    Jol-Nar promissory note: Research Agreement- After the Jol-Nar player researches a non-faction technology, gain that technology. Then return this card to the Jol-nar player.
    e0G9f10.png

Elvenshae
    2 action cards
    1 secret objective
    Letnev promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Letnev's units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Letnev player.
    L1z1x promissory note: Trade Agreement- When the L1z1x player replenishes commodities: the L1z1x player gives you all of his commodities. Then return this card to the L1z1x player.
    Arborec promissory note: Trade Agreement- When the Arborec player replenishes commodities: the L1z1x player gives you all of his commodities. Then return this card to the Arborec player.
    yJhcZJh.png

Mojo
    5 action cards
    1 secret objective
    L1z1x promissory note: Cybernetic Enhancements- Play at the start of your turn, Remove 1 token from the L1z1x player's strategy pool and return it to his reinforcements. Then, place 1 command token from your reinforcements in your strategy pool. Then return this card to the L1z1x player.
    Arborec promissory: Cease Fire- After the Arborec player activates a system containing your units: The Arborec player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Arborec player
    CVtxHoS.png

Hedgethorn
    7 action cards
    2 secret objectives
    Winnu promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Winnu's units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Winnu player.
    3AS2FU2.png

Brody **Speaker**
    7 action cards
    1 secret objective
    Cruess promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Cruess' units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Cruess player.
    Winnu promissory: Cease Fire- After the Winnu player activates a system containing your units: The Winnu player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Winnu player
    jHUTpDc.png

Preda
    7 action cards
    2 secret objectives
    Letnev promissory: Cease Fire- After the Letnev player activates a system containing your units: The Letnev player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Letnev player
    Arborec promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Arborec's units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Arborec player.
    YekApYe.png

@Brody to start picking strategy cards. Diplomacy & Warfare each have 1 bonus trade good on them

Cards
    F9TgzcL.png
    2PQjpdt.png

Everyone double check to see if all changes accurate. I'm going to start keeping and posting a change log like MrBlarney does, both for my record keeping sake and a clearer picture for everyone else.

MrBody on
    edited October 2017
    @MrBody I should have 2 tactics and 2 strategy tokens after the status phase. Everyone else's might be wrong too, I'm not sure.

Edit: Also, I forgot to put infantry out during the status phase again. One infantry on Quann please.

Hedgethorn on
    Leadership

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

edited October 2017
    Whoops. Looks like none of the race sheets got updated. Fixed

MrBody on
    edited October 2017
    Other oops, never got the 2 command token allocation from the status phase for @Preda, who is also up for strategy pick.

MrBody on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    @MrBody

I think we also missed revealing the next objective in the status phase

Whoops

Negotiate Trade Routes - Spend 5 trade goods. 1 VP

• PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Ops... 2 tactics, than I take Leadership.

@MrBlarney

@Preda leadership has already been taken by Brody

(And again, one of you, him and MrBlarney should really pick Imperial to avoid Elvenshae leaping even further into the lead this round)

Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    @Preda leadership has already been taken by Brody

(And again, one of you, him and MrBlarney should really pick Imperial to avoid Elvenshae leaping even further into the lead this round)

You're right on Leadership. But I'm ok with Elvenshae taking Imperial. So more of his neighbours will want to attack him...
    Technology.

I would take Imperial, but with Mecatol Rex blocked off due to that Diplomacy Rider, I'm much less incentivized to pick it up. Why should I stunt my game so that everyone else can benefit? What do I get out of it? I'd much rather pick up Construction so that I can shore up my currently-lacking infrastructure. Let him get one more VP, then if someone else takes Speaker afterwards, we can start fighting it out more earnestly next round. I'll hold on locking my pick in for a little bit in case there are other arguments.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    It's more likely to be 2VP as he gets the Metacol point and then can claim an objective. If he has an instant claim secret objective too he could pick up 4VP this round

Taking it yourself gives you 1VP from an early claim and a fresh secret objective to give another route to another.

Man, I don't think I'm in a position to pick up any of those public objectives in the middle of the round. Spending three command tokens, maybe, but I could just as easily grab that at the end of the round so I can be flexible about actions during the Action Phase. I'm probably not going to have enough research performed, either. Yes, I do have your racial promissory note to get more tech, but are you willing to coordinate your purchase for my benefit in that case?

As for Creuss, I don't think they're in a position to grab two Public Objectives this turn, so they probably won't get anything extra out of the Imperial strategy outside of the 1 VP.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Yeah I can make sure not to pick a technology in a colour you already have two of.

edited October 2017
    That's enough thinking for now. Because of the order of operations, I'll have to choose my tech before Jol-Nar, something that doesn't play well with what I want to get. Select the (4) Construction Strategy Card.

@Elvenshae is up for strategy card selection.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    So, I'd just like to point out that while I do currently have 2 VPs, only one of them is actually "mine." The other one is on-loan from our good friends the Letnev. Meanwhile, the Jol-Nar have claimed a victory point through an objective, and there are two more technology-related objectives they have yet to claim.

If there is anyone we should be looking at askance, it is the science fish!

Warfare

@Mojo_Jojo

Why do I get the feeling that Warfare is coming my way? It's all the plotting isn't it?

The noble science fish choose Trade

@Hedgethorn

Politics

@Brody for first action.

edited October 2017
    Let me show you... Leadership. Follow in the Letnev's footsteps, and know glory!

3 Tokens into Tactics, exhaust Mekhal Xull(sp? The one next to Mecatol Rex) for and additional token into Strategy. (Final token pools should be 3/3/3)

@Hedgethorn @MrBlarney @Preda @Mojo_Jojo @Elvenshae for secondary effects. (Spend three influence per command token)

Brody on

Exhaust Rarron (3), Centauri (3), Gral (1), and Corneeo (2) for 9 influence. Add one tactics token, one strategy token, and one fleet token.

@Brody we approve of this Leadership initiative, and applaud the forward-thinking nature of our Letnevian friends!

Exhaust Mecatol Rex, Arnor, and Lor for 9 influence; 3 tokens into Strategy.

edited October 2017
    @Mrbody - The Arborec's ceasefire note should be mine but it's sitting on his player board, I've only just noticed

Take the secondary
    Exhaust Meer and Arinam for 6 influence
    One in tactics, one in fleet

Mojo_Jojo on
    Oh @Hedgethorn, on your upcoming turn do you fancy exchanging 1:1 on commodities? That way we both won't "lose" them when I trigger a refresh

Exhaust Dal Bootha (2I) and Xxehan (1I) to gain 1 token in Strategy Pool.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Play secondary. Exaust Torkan, Mellon and Tibah for 2 Token, I strategy, 1 Fleet.

That's all the secondaries

@Hedgethorn your action

edited October 2017
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Oh Hedgethorn, on your upcoming turn do you fancy exchanging 1:1 on commodities? That way we both won't "lose" them when I trigger a refresh

@Mojo_Jojo Looks like you've only got 1 commodity, yes? I'll exchange 1 for 1.

Give Jol-Nar one commodity in exchange for one commodity.
    Play Politics, making myself the new speaker.
    Draw 2 action cards, look at the top 2 of the agenda deck.

Hedgethorn on
    edited October 2017
    Pass on secondary

No secondary to pass on

Mojo_Jojo on
    edited October 2017
    Letnev will play your Politics game... for now.

-1 Strategy token, leaving me with 3/3/2 and drawings two Action Cards!

Why should I be surprised, when the action was started by shouting POLITICS! When we rule the galaxy, there will be none of this smoke and mirror bs.

Brody on