As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Juicero Memorial [Tech Thread]

19495969798100»

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Actually looking around at Android phones. If I get another at some point I might try to get a one plus.

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    No more Windows phones, maybe:

Belfiore is Corporate Vice President in the Operating Systems Group at Microsoft.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    it is so annoying to have to design mobile stuff for the iPhone 4

RrbsVKj.jpg

it still has a non-trivial usage share, so you have to take it into consideration

but both the vertical and horizontal screen space are so tiny that you'll often have to break up paragraphs and headlines to fit things on screen

generally it means an additional media query at less than 480px

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    I'd like to use Windows Everything but I honestly don't know what I'd want from a Surface Phone that would get me to switch. My Surface Book is amazing, but... what's the offer?

• CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Do pebbles still work ok for just getting notifications and stuff?

I might look for a used one sometime.

Yeah, they work really really well for that.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular
    I would have loved a uniform platform for my PC, phone and xbox but the apps were never there for the phone.

Chicken and egg situation

I don't even use that many apps, but the ones I do use seem to pretty much only exist on iOS

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Tube wrote: »
    I don't even use that many apps, but the ones I do use seem to pretty much only exist on iOS

The quality feels much lower even from the same company when using shit on Android.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Karl wrote: »
    I would have loved a uniform platform for my PC, phone and xbox but the apps were never there for the phone.

My dream is the cell-phone that can function as a fully-fledged desktop PC that you connect to a monitor and kbam.

I think there are multiple ways to do this (cell phone with the actual hardware power, cell phone that connects to a cloud account that pushes a vm, etc.) but I wish there were more attempts to make this a reality.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    Karl wrote: »

My dream is the cell-phone that can function as a fully-fledged desktop PC that you connect to a monitor and kbam.

I think there are multiple ways to do this (cell phone with the actual hardware power, cell phone that connects to a cloud account that pushes a vm, etc.) but I wish there were more attempts to make this a reality.

Ubuntu had a phone like this. Except they tried to do what the iphone did and do a limited release, and.. like.. never do anything with it? I think they released it last year, but, a few months ago announced they were done with their Unity UI (which is what was driving the phone's interface).

Here's some more info on it:
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/turn-ubuntu-phone-desktop-pc-convergence/

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    ok all done someone make a new one

geth close the thread

• GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Tube. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.