As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Quartermaster General- Axis & Allies of the Multiverse

12345679»

• DaemonisDaemonis Registered User regular
    USA

Play Event- Theater Shift- One at a time, you may pick up each United States army and navy on the board and build it somewhere else. Each piece may be moved only once.
    Move North Atlantic navy to South Pacific
    Move Pacific NW army to Australia
    Move New Zeland army to New Guinea
    Discard a card, draw 2. +10 VP.

@MrBody @Phyphor

• NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    fucking game.

congrats.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • DoctorstrongbadDoctorstrongbad Registered User regular
    Is that the ending?

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Yeah we're pretty screwed. I still haven't drawn blitzkrieg and have 11 cards in the deck. Drew exactly one build army the entire game

Phyphor on
  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    yea, i don't have the cards or the turns to throw down any responses that might be able to flip the american hold on australia.
    I threw away the response that would have stopped it just last turn because I was trying to get australia back with what i had on the field and in my hand, because the next turn he could just throw more boats and air forces into australia territories.

I dunno... I like the concept of the game, but god damn, if you don't draw the really important cards you are screwed.
    not to mention the first botched india strike i made. The whole reason I had the army on indonesia was to protect it from china and the indian armies while I would launch a surprise attack to kill the indian army and then using the supply rules, be able to supply southeast asia and then india with some destroyer transports, get an air force on it, then hold and kill off the uk armies that pushed into the middle east via no supply.

I thought the point of a surprise attack was that you could strike further than your opponent thought you could. hence the reason you stack air forces to blunt those kind of card attacks, but nothing the axis have really synnergized with their own playbooks like the ally cards do.

america is stupidly powerful with the cards daemonis got. he was able to play two and three turns compared to axis who at best could give up one or two turns now, for something to happen later down the line.
    Maybe dropping economic warfare cards are the way to go with axis, but that's a gamble and at best you could knock out the russians or the uk, america has so many cards it can take that kind of hit, if anything could even *reach* america.

china is hard enough to flip, but szechuan just seals whatever point lead the axis hope to get before america comes online and says "nope."

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
    I have never seen the Axis win.

It feels like if the axis can't line up their cards right to combo them there's not much they can do; the nature of the game means that the allies are winning from turn 0, the axis needs to invade yet can only play exactly the same number of cards

UK/russia being able to know each others hands didn't help either. Italy/japan can't coordinate, but UK/russia can

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Official concession then?

Yeah that did seem like a very unlucky draw for Germany. I think the game acknowledges that they need a specific status card or two since one of their status cards lets them search the deck for any one they want. Unfortunately that card was also buried. Also very unlucky early on the US got the volunteer card to build in China AND the card that gave them an extra supply space there.

• DaemonisDaemonis Registered User regular
    It's my first game and I agree that USA played some really powerful cards (and has some more in the hand :)). At some point though I had a feeling that Axis taking over and if they got some more lucky draws, they'll be ahead.

Daemonis wrote: »
    It's my first game and I agree that USA played some really powerful cards (and has some more in the hand :)). At some point though I had a feeling that Axis taking over and if they got some more lucky draws, they'll be ahead.

I think if the USSR had their must-draw cards buried and they couldn't kick me out of moscow the game could have snowballed to us, but that was the only way

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Well, thank you playing, everyone!

victory_europe.jpg

We will see if Germany can win the next game.