As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Something about an Ice Girl

Kamikaze PurpleKamikaze Purple Registered User regular
edited December 2007 in Artist's Corner
So one of my friends wanted me to redraw one of his characters, just to see how it would look in a different style, I guess. This is the work in progress, but I wouldn't mind all too much if you wanted to take a look and tell me what's wrong with it. :D

tyslady.jpg

The one on the right is mine.

I know the way she's standing is weird as hell, and the face is just... odd, but... yeah, you know what to do xD

Kamikaze Purple on

• Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    The arms/shoulders look too short and/or thin to me.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    anableanable North TexasRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    The first thing that struck me is that her lower body seems to be out of proportion with her upper body. Her upper body seems pretty petite, but her hips/thighs are pretty beefy.

anable on
  • Options
    Doctor PainDoctor Pain Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    anable wrote: »
    pretty beefy.
    BEEFCAKE!!!!!!!!!

Doctor Pain on
    I FUCKING HATE SIGNATURES.
  • Options
    Kamikaze PurpleKamikaze Purple Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    anable wrote: »
    The first thing that struck me is that her lower body seems to be out of proportion with her upper body. Her upper body seems pretty petite, but her hips/thighs are pretty beefy.

That's a huge problem of mine... I've always done that, and it didn't help that my friend said she's supposed to have particularly large hips-- I made them even bigger than I normally do, which... is probably a bad thing.

Kamikaze Purple on
  • Options
    117Lei117Lei Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    The stomach area also looks a bit elongated.

117Lei on
  • Options
    LissachoaLissachoa Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    hmm.. the body on the first one is a little better however the face on the second one is an improvment, all you need to do is connect the two and you should be good

Lissachoa on
    why.jpg