As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Batman vs Orcs 2: Shadow of Wardor

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I love how the opening cutscene just drops trou and shits all over the lotr lore. Yes, perfect. It is exactly what I want.

Then it's right into things with barely any story justification. It's a game where you make your own stories because theirs is just there to give you a vague direction to go if you want to take a break from fighting orcs.

• PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Nemesis difficulty it is.

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Prohass wrote: »
    From what Ive heard the post game "grind" has been overstated, for what basically amounts to a separate post-game infinite play mode thats there if you want more challenge and to keep playing, with the reward of a bonus cutscene being less the goal than simply just playing more of the gameplay. Its not some true ending you have to grind towards or the game feels incomplete.

The developers originally called it the true ending but have changed their verbage because of the blow up to "bonus". It still shows what happens to talion after everything so it certainly sounds like the true ending to me unless it's done for comic value. But It's already up on YouTube so whatever!

And actually lootboxes guarantee you at least an Epic orc so calling them "lower level" doesn't make it ok, levelling orcs is easy, getting Legendary ones faster is the point of the boxes. But yeah, you absolutely don't need them.

Magic Pink on
    I assume the true ending is like Arkham Knight's true ending, where I may never earn it but YouTube is right there. This isn't like a Mass Effect game with individualized endings after all.

That said, I find it much more likely I get the true ending in this than in Arkham Knight.

• ShenShen Registered User regular
    Oh wow, they made
    Isildur
    one of the Ringwraiths? I don't know why these games not giving a fuck about the books bums me out so much but it really does.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
    Shen wrote: »
    Oh wow, they made
    Isildur
    one of the Ringwraiths? I don't know why these games not giving a fuck about the books bums me out so much but it really does.

wow THAT'S pretty dumb

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Conversely, I enjoy LotR a lot, but something about them just doing whatever the fuck they want gives me some amount of dumb joy

Maddoc wrote: »
    Conversely, I enjoy LotR a lot, but something about them just doing whatever the fuck they want gives me some amount of dumb joy

i mean i'm pretty sure the Ringwraiths were already around before that person even got a hold of the ring. that's less playing with and more complete re-write

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

i mean i'm pretty sure the Ringwraiths were already around before that person even got a hold of the ring. that's less playing with and more complete re-write

At this point, they kinda have to do their own thing anyway.

I hope for Shadow of War 3 where Talion goes super saiyan and fights Morgoth

Just really turn into the insanity.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular

They made more

Hell, they're making more rings already anyway

lemme ride Ungoliant then

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I think they realized that they could attract more people than they would lose by just going full on crazy with LOTR lore.

• RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    lemme ride Ungoliant then

Something something sexy spider entendres

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Gimme Sexy Ancalagon

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
    sexy gandalf or go home

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    sexy gandalf or go home

Are you saying Gandalf isn't already sexy?

Peewi wrote: »
    sexy gandalf or go home

Are you saying Gandalf isn't already sexy?

he is deffo not my bag, yes

• GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    As a huge Tolkien nerd, I kinda like the first being the van art adaptation.

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
    well i spoiled myself on the true ending and.... dang.
    That is some super depressing stuff, true to form. Guess there won't be another sequal.

I'm getting my ass kicked on a story mission.
    I'm in an arena fighting orcs so some other people can go rescue a guy while the orcs are distracted. I've killed a few captains, one at a time, and now there's this legendary level 14 guy and he's a real fucker.

He's beast fodder and there are caragor cages in the arena, so you'd think he'd be easy. But he also has beast slayer, so those caragors die real quick.

This is really making me wish I could skip the orc intros. They're already a bit long, but at least they're varied when you're not getting murdered over and over in a story mission.

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    if youre having a hard time i think you can turn the difficulty down mid game right? theres no achievements or anythign linked to it I dont think

Yeah, I ended up doing that.

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    i think whats great about the nemesis system can also screw it up, like producing enemies that are just too tough to fight early on, im guessing some slip through the early game nerfing algorithms

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Nemesis difficulty isn't playing around.

On the bright side, I now have three sworn enemies. And one of them got mauled by a caragor. While I laughed, because that bastard killed me twice.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
    Oh hey, I was about to post about how Nemesis difficulty is kicking my ass despite all the hours I put into the first game and all the Batman games.

Haven't turned down the difficulty yet, just running through story missions to unlock some more skills, but I've been surprised so far. Mid combat adaptation is messing me up.

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Peccavi wrote: »
    Oh hey, I was about to post about how Nemesis difficulty is kicking my ass despite all the hours I put into the first game and all the Batman games.

Haven't turned down the difficulty yet, just running through story missions to unlock some more skills, but I've been surprised so far. Mid combat adaptation is messing me up.

The normal difficulty has been pretty easy so far (only died once, to a level 16 ambush when I was level 4), so I'm thinking of bumping it up. But I'm actually bad at games like this, so I expect it will carve me up pretty fast.

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    This game is good so far but hard, playing it on Nemesis

How long until you unlock combat finishers? The combat system feels straight-up empty without it

Execution is one of the tier one skills so you can unlock it whenever. Works differently though, rather than needing a 5 hit streak you fill a bar that can persist through combat (feels like it takes more than 5 hits though).

Overall I'm not a fan of the skill system this game. First game you could largely pick and choose what you want, now I need to buy all these skills I'm never going to use before getting shadow step.

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    You can get a skill where it builds much faster but drops on a miss or getting out of combat. It helps flow a lot.

Elven Wrath is hilarious. I 'fought' a legendary watching by hitting him 37 times in arrow-time and then executing him.

The hardest bit so far was the area 2 elven challenge to get 7 shots / 3 headshots with the diving swallow. I switched to kbam because I couldn't aim fast enough with my xb1 controller.

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
    Peewi wrote: »
    This is really making me wish I could skip the orc intros. They're already a bit long, but at least they're varied when you're not getting murdered over and over in a story mission.

Christ yes. My god I hate those things.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I had an epic guy who was too high level to dominate, so I shamed him. Turned out he just changed his name to "the Unshamable", and gained a level and became Legendary because of that, as well as a bunch of levels because I sent a death threat his way.

Like an idiot, I forgot he was Legendary and killed him instead of shaming him again and trying to dominate him later. (Would have been a neat guy to make Warchief)

Just now I had an Epic Singer who I tried doing the shame thing with (shame, death threat) but apparently inbetween the level flucation he went from being vulnerable to stealth to having a mortal weakness to it, so I wound up killing him on accident. Was gonna make that guy warchief.

Undead Scottsman on
  • SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    I'm really enjoying this but it didn't get it's hooks in to me until act 2 when you start building your own army and you have more skills to play with.

That is some super depressing stuff, true to form. Guess there won't be another sequal.

So did I
    It was not the balls out non canon ending I was hoping for.

Karl wrote: »

So did I

Really? I fucking LOVED it. It's so true to the feel of the source material
    and bleak as all hell

Super works for me in all the right ways

So did I

and bleak as all hell

Oh don't get me wrong
    Thematically it's perfect. Even with the best of intentions, Tallion is not immune to the corruption of Sauron's rings of power.

But my inner 12 year old was hoping for Tallion to become the saviour of middle earth.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    The first game made pretty clear they were pretty into the lore, and then just enet and did whatever they wanted with it.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

So did I

and bleak as all hell

Oh don't get me wrong
    Thematically it's perfect. Even with the best of intentions, Tallion is not immune to the corruption of Sauron's rings of power.

But my inner 12 year old was hoping for Tallion to become the saviour of middle earth.

So wait what happens

Grey Ghost wrote: »

So did I

and bleak as all hell

Oh don't get me wrong

So wait what happens
    Talion defends the north for decades from Sauron's troops but eventually becomes one of the Nazgul and is killed when he and his drake get hit by a chunk of lava when Mount Doom explodes as the One Ring is destroyed

they then show his spirit walking West to the Grey Havens while removing and dropping all his armour and weapons

no idea what happened to Celebrimbor tho