As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twilight Imperium: 4th edition - Game #1: And they're off!

• HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Play Politics (for real this time.)
    Draw two action cards. Look at the top two of the agenda deck.

@Elvenshae @Brody @Mojo_Jojo @Preda @MrBlarney to play the secondary if you wish.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I will use the Politics Secondary for real this time.

-1 token (3/3/1), +2 action cards, discard once I've seen what draws.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Pass on secondary

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • PredaPreda Registered User regular
    My cards are ok, so Pass.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    I will play Politics.

-1 Strat token (0/3/2), +2 action cards

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Pass on the Politics secondary.

I guess action is on me, but it seems like there's some action cards to be distributed and agenda cards to be peeked at so I might need to hold off on the accelerator for a bit?

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Yeah, I think it's probably worth hanging on for that to happen.

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Play the action card Industrial Initiative.

Industrial Initiative: Action- Gain 1 trade good for every planet you control.

Thanks, I actually had missed that.

Crap, sorry....

I typed that out incorrectly. That card should read "for every industrial plane you control".

Giving myself another demerit :(

@MrBody Its all good

@Preda If you are still willing to give me 2 Commodities for 1, I'd really appreciate it.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

MrBody wrote: »
    Brody wrote: »
    Play the action card Industrial Initiative.

Industrial Initiative: Action- Gain 1 trade good for every planet you control.

Thanks, I actually had missed that.

Crap, sorry....

I typed that out incorrectly. That card should read "for every industrial plane you control".

Giving myself another demerit :(

Ah okay. That moves that card from incredible to in line with the other good ones we've seen

Cards dealt. @Hedgethorn chooses new speaker

• HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    I'm inclined to make myself the speaker, unless someone wants to offer me something for it.

If cards are out, even if we're waiting on the Agenda cards to be replaced, I guess I should be able to take my action?

Activate the Tar'mann system. (TP 3 --> 2)
    Move in 2 Cruisers, 1 Destroyer, and 2 Infantry from the L1z1x Home System.
    Land 2 Infantry on Tar'mann.

Action on @Mojo_Jojo.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    My action is completed; agenda and action cards taken care of. Go ahead and proceed taking turns.
    Make Arborec the speaker.

edited October 2017
    Fire the trade cannons! (Play trade strategy card)
    +3 trade goods
    Commodities restored
    Presenting offers for commodity refreshes as follows:

@MrBlarney - Free refresh!
    @Elvenshae - Two trade goods or your ceasefire note or political secret note or trade agreement note (Note this is immediate and therefore binding)
    @Hedgethorn - One trade good or your racial promissory note or political secret note (Note this is immediate and therefore binding)
    @Brody - One trade good or your ceasefire note or political secret note or trade agreement noteor your racial promissory note
    @Preda - One trade good or political secret note or trade agreement noteor your racial promissory note

Non-immediate deals are to be completed during the first round of the agenda phase at the latest.

Let me know which option you're taking when/if you agree to the refresh. Remember you can always just spend a strategy token to refresh

Mojo_Jojo on
    One trade good paid at agenda phase since we're not neighbours for me.

I will provide my cease fire note during the agenda phase.

@Mojo_Jojo

How about one commodity now, and one on the next time we refresh?

Also, I'm not sure how Trade Agreement would work in this case - wouldn't it trigger immediately?

@Elvenshae I presumed we could control the sequencing of that as part of the exchange so that it doesn't trigger. Let's check though @MrBody can we confirm that if somebody gives me their trade agreement note in exchange for a refresh that it doesn't have to immediately fire?

And no, I'd need both upfront I'm afraid.

@Brody I have your ceasefire note. Can't give it out again...

Crap, sorry I thought I'd made sure I wasn't asking for stuff that people couldn't give. Sorry about that.

Give Jol-Nar one trade good.
    After commodities refresh, they go to @Elvenshae and I get my trade agreement card back.

My bad.

During the Agenda Phase, I will provide Jol-Nar one Political Secret.

Refresh Commodities.

@Preda I believe we have to wait for things to go back to my turn before we can trade commodities. Assuming you are still willing to trade.

@Mojo_Jojo @Elvenshae , MrBody can confirm/deny, but the rules clarification states that "Promissory notes are not mandatory unless otherwise specified." And since it doesn't say you have to do it, only that replenishing is the trigger, assumably you could hold onto it for a while.

We'll do it at first chance, that hould be your turn.

Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    MrBlarney - Free refresh!

I appreciate the sentiment, but know that if my commodities get refreshed, they're almost certainly going to immediately go to Elvenshae, since the Creuss hold the L1z1x Trade Agreement note. As long as you are aware what will happen, I care not whether or not they get refreshed.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Yep I'd spotted that it's your call whether you want to do it or not

@Mojo_Jojo

What would you say to an allocation of, say, some votes in lieu of commodities?

@Elvenshae No, thanks. Any time I'd want them you'd be under heavy pressure to break the deal.

The Trade Agreement timing...I'm not sure? I don't see how the situation would ever come up though. Unless you want to refresh now and keep all your commodities yet give away your trade note for later?

I guess I don't get the question.

edited October 2017
    The timing question is if he's giving me his trade agreement card for a free refresh does that just mean the refresh triggers the card giving me the trade goods.

I think it's fine as the binding deal seems to easily include I give the refresh, he gives the card and I don't use the card right now

Mojo_Jojo on
    In that case, I'll just buy my own Trade refresh.

Pay 1 strategy token to refresh commodities. I now have 4 commodities, and am interested in trading them.

edited October 2017
    Fair enough

Mojo_Jojo on
    I think we're just waiting for @MrBlarney to say if he wants to refresh

Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    I think we're just waiting for MrBlarney to say if he wants to refresh
    No sense in debating this out extensively. I'll take the refresh so I can have better future opportunities.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    So that's everybody refreshing. I get a trade good from hedgethorn's. And Elvenshae is paying a strategy token for it.

And I've got a few debts to call in in the agenda phase

I make it @Elvenshae 's action (and to flag if the trade agreement cards are getting played to claim trade goods)

MrBody wrote: »
    The Trade Agreement timing...I'm not sure? I don't see how the situation would ever come up though. Unless you want to refresh now and keep all your commodities yet give away your trade note for later?

That was exactly the question! :)

And, yes - cashing in my Trade Agreement promissory notes immediately upon their respective owners refreshing (L1z1x, @MrBlarney, and Arborec, @Hedgethorn).

@Brody, I propose a 2 commodities for 2 commodities swap, effective immediately.
    @MrBlarney, what do you say to an exchange of mutual Cease Fire notes? Make the Saudor Entente a little more permanent.

@Elvensahe @MrBody Letnev <-> Creuss Trading two commodities for two commodities.

@Preda I'll still trade you a TG for a commodity or two if you need the TG, but if you'd rather hold on to them, thats fine.

Elvenshae wrote: »
    MrBlarney, what do you say to an exchange of mutual Cease Fire notes? Make the Saudor Entente a little more permanent.

A more absolute border security might be nice, but I'm not really feeling the need for it right now. I kind of want to keep my options flexible still, unless you can throw in some additional incentives?

4463rwiq7r47.png
    @MrBlarney How about I throw in a commodity?