As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Batman vs Orcs 2: Shadow of Wardor

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    This game is good so far but hard, playing it on Nemesis

How long until you unlock combat finishers? The combat system feels straight-up empty without it

You need to spend skill points to get executions. I think it's the second or third combat ability.

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    You can get a skill where it builds much faster but drops on a miss or getting out of combat. It helps flow a lot.

That's good, that basically sounds like the old ways so I'll switch to that

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Karl wrote: »
    well i spoiled myself on the true ending and.... dang.
    That is some super depressing stuff, true to form. Guess there won't be another sequal.

So did I
    It was not the balls out non canon ending I was hoping for.

Really? I fucking LOVED it. It's so true to the feel of the source material
    and bleak as all hell

Super works for me in all the right ways

Oh don't get me wrong
    Thematically it's perfect. Even with the best of intentions, Tallion is not immune to the corruption of Sauron's rings of power.

But my inner 12 year old was hoping for Tallion to become the saviour of middle earth.

So wait what happens
    Talion defends the north for decades from Sauron's troops but eventually becomes one of the Nazgul and is killed when he and his drake get hit by a chunk of lava when Mount Doom explodes as the One Ring is destroyed

they then show his spirit walking West to the Grey Havens while removing and dropping all his armour and weapons

no idea what happened to Celebrimbor tho

This is the funniest shit I've ever read

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    That is some super depressing stuff, true to form. Guess there won't be another sequal.

So did I

and bleak as all hell

Oh don't get me wrong
    Thematically it's perfect. Even with the best of intentions, Tallion is not immune to the corruption of Sauron's rings of power.

But my inner 12 year old was hoping for Tallion to become the saviour of middle earth.

So wait what happens
    Talion defends the north for decades from Sauron's troops but eventually becomes one of the Nazgul and is killed when he and his drake get hit by a chunk of lava when Mount Doom explodes as the One Ring is destroyed

they then show his spirit walking West to the Grey Havens while removing and dropping all his armour and weapons

This is the funniest shit I've ever read
    It's done better then what I described but lets be honest, he gets thumped by a rock

Magic Pink on
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular

So did I

and bleak as all hell

Oh don't get me wrong

So wait what happens

my understanding is that he cops it with Sauron when the one ring is destroyed. As the two had merged.

I assume the "true ending" is what you get after you beat the witch king and then do all the mop up work?

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    i just watched the true ending video and it is super funny

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Some things about the true ending
    you see one of the Nazgul get hit by the rock in the ROTK movie, and I think it's hilarious that they decided that's the one that would secretly be Talion all along

In the final cutscene, when the Eye explodes, there's a little blue spark that flies away, which I assume is Celebrimbor's soul escaping for future games

aaaaaand finally I think it's kind of interesting that they do come down on the side of "doing evil things in pursuit of an ostensibly noble goal still leads to one becoming a monster" although they only did that in a cutscene and everything up to that point was presented as being super badass

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Ok shanking orcs by manually tapping a button is the most brutal and bizarrely hilarious thing, especially when like gondorian soldiers cheer you on as you do it

It's like, are we the baddies?

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Is it just me, or is the game crazy chaos straightaway?

I've only played for a little over an hour but I feel like I've already killed like 10-15 captains, from level 3 through level 16.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    The starting area is full of pretty shitty captains that you can basically just beat down, but they get harder fast

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    When I had it on nemesis difficulty I got killed by a normal orc who was then promoted to become Hura the Tark Slayer. I hunted him down and murdered him.

Then he showed up again. That time when I killed him I chopped off his left arm.

Then he showed up again. With a claw for his left arm. I killed him again.

Then he showed up again. Now with a fancier helmet. When I killed him I chopped off his right arm as well as the claw on his left arm.

That is where the tale of Talion and Hura currently stands.

I find myself letting some orcs I cant dominate yet (cos I havent unlocked it) retreat, cos im like youre a rad dude, I want you in my army

Like the assassin guy who you drop a nest of flies on, which hes afraid of, then he gets killed by the flies, but comes back infested with hives and just absolutely loving flies and wanting to infect Talion with his blessing. Its like a heartwarming tale of overcoming your fears mordor style.

Also I love the ability to send summoned allies to stealth kill for you

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    I find myself letting some orcs I cant dominate yet (cos I havent unlocked it) retreat, cos im like youre a rad dude, I want you in my army

Like the assassin guy who you drop a nest of flies on, which hes afraid of, then he gets killed by the flies, but comes back infested with hives and just absolutely loving flies and wanting to infect Talion with his blessing. Its like a heartwarming tale of overcoming your fears mordor style.

Also I love the ability to send summoned allies to stealth kill for you

After finishing a big warchief mission last night, before finishing my session, I just hung out on a rooftop in a stronghold directing dudes to murder everyone I could see for like 5 minutes.

Watching them "sneak" up on dudes one after the other in complete plain sight, with no reaction from the enemy, was way more entertaining than it should have been.

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    So is the microtransaction stuff as bad as the Steam reviews are making it out to be? I'll probably wait on this one until it goes on sale anyway, but I'm curious.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The last bit of the game can get a bit grindy with collecting orcs, but no the loot box thing is largely a non-issue

It's also a postgame optional thing, it's not a requirement to get to the ending, just an extra post game mode to get the bonus or true ending or whatever

• KarlKarl Registered User regular
    The True ending isn't even that great and you can youtube it
    Ok we get it, even with the best of intentions using evil artefacts always fucks you in the end. In Talion's case, he ends up becoming a Nazgul.
    But at least he brought decades of breathing room to middle earth?

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Is the true ending even worth it?

edited October 2017
    Veldrin wrote: »

The thing is if you get to the end of the game and you're bored of the core nemesis system and combat, then yeah it not worth it, but if you still want to wrangle poke-orcs and such it's basically a framing device for you. It's not "worth it" in the sense that it's an amazing ending, for me it'll be worth it cos I love playing the nemesis system game. They brought it on themselves with the lootboxes, but it's not a metal gear "do missions over again just to finish the game" deal. It's more like a hidden ending as a reward if you feel like playing the open world more

Prohass on
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    help i can't stop doing online vendetta missions

send someone to kill the concept of online vendetta missions

avenge me

Holy shit, an Orc caught my arrow mid air. Also I seeing an Ulog Hai get hit by a friendly spear and just drop like a tonne of bricks in a really cinematic way is fantastic

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Just got my first proper nemesis

Got careless and died to an orc captain that honestly wasn't anything special, Skoth, so I went to go get my revenge

Turns out he was weak to, and afraid of, poison

And the revenge mission ended up being that he was having a feast, so I snuck around the camp and poisoned all of the grog, and he just sort of dropped dead while I wasn't looking

Fast forward to like an hour later, and I'm killing another captain, and thankfully I just finished wiping him and his war party out because Skoth the Poisoned shows up. His face went all Toxic Avenger and he starts talking about how the poisons burned out his insides and now he's going to vomit it down my throat

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    My nemesis is a real bastard. Hork the Tark Slayer. He's taken to stalking me and springing up, and since I'm playing on Hard, he's gotten me a few times.

He's gotten very wise to my flippy bullshit and he hits like a freight train, which is weird because he's a smaller orc. So basically he's my Virgil right now.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
    edited October 2017
    I've gotten a guy who I shamed, his face is all burnt in a hand print, and he is calling himself the unashamed. I'm pretty much going to keep shaming him now just to rub it it, I wonder if you can push them back to like level 1

Also thank god you can turn bits of the hud off, I turned the notification that I have new quests off since it took up like the entire top left of my screen and basically never goes away since there always new quests

I was also fighting a captain on top of a tower and he had this knockbaxk ability which barely affected me, but every time troops and ologs would crowd onto the top, he'd send them all flying off in all directions, I love it

Prohass on
    Skeith wrote: »
    So is the microtransaction stuff as bad as the Steam reviews are making it out to be? I'll probably wait on this one until it goes on sale anyway, but I'm curious.

They're really bad, as in incredibly poorly designed, but absolutely skip-able.

Veldrin wrote: »

YES. I think it's super awesome but you can always watch it on YouTube.

edited October 2017
    so archers when running for their lives will definitely jump to their death. I watched a guy get spooked by a drake and he was just like nah I'm out

Prohass on
    It'd be nice if upgrades could be combined instead of having to pick one. Punching a guy a lot for your ground finisher is cool, but I feel like I need to take the ability to counter if I ever actually want to finish a ground finisher.

I feel like the only ones that really make sense to be mutually exclusive are the ones where you pick between fire, ice and posion.

Protip: When you go fight an overlord, do not bring his blood brother as your bodyguard. He will get mad and betray you.
    Prohass wrote: »
    I've gotten a guy who I shamed, his face is all burnt in a hand print, and he is calling himself the unashamed. I'm pretty much going to keep shaming him now just to rub it it, I wonder if you can push them back to like level 1

77B30C4F25870076573C2E871860D05EB7D4F78A

I'm getting some mixed signals regarding his shame.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Got to a new zone, quickly found a beefy Olag who I made my bodyguard. Something the Terrible. Proceeded to forget about him.

Saw there was ANOTHER Epic singer, tried to get him for my army, but he was a No Chancer and was about to kill me, when Mr. Terrible showed up out of nowhere. At first I was excited, except he flat out KILLED the singer. Dammit. But I was reminded he existed.

Later I was doing another Nemesis mission when I decided to have him show up just in case. Motherfucker proceeded to betray me, so I shamed him, tracked him down, dominated him again, banished him out of my army, tracked him down and dominated him again. Then I sent him to infiltrate as a warchief.

Come siege time and out of the five warchiefs I had infiltrated, he was the only one who got found out and died.

Fuck that guy.

Also fuck the Overlord who I had into the green, but I couldn't get a lock on with the dominate before he killed me because there were too many people around. Bugger.

Undead Scottsman on
  • SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Be aware that you can get your sword (not sure about other weapons) broken when you get killed by big orcs.

I had to buy loot boxes with mirian to get a new sword.

You can get the sword back if you kill the same orc however.

SharpyVII on
    I ended up promoting the unashamed to my first overlord, his positive self belief needs to be rewarded

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I'm not sure I'm digging this so much anymore

I feel like I'm not doing anything of value because shit always remains super hectic

There's captains everywhere, this game feels so condensed

edited October 2017
    I dunno I feel the opposite in some ways, I'm not sure if it's just cos it was the tutorial siege but I found it super empty and easy, but my play style is always to find and dominate most orcs and outposts before I attack a fortress, and I'm hoping that doesn't turn all of them into an empty cakewalk like it did with the first

Prohass on
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    you see one of the Nazgul get hit by the rock in the ROTK movie, and I think it's hilarious that they decided that's the one that would secretly be Talion all along

In the final cutscene, when the Eye explodes, there's a little blue spark that flies away, which I assume is Celebrimbor's soul escaping for future games

aaaaaand finally I think it's kind of interesting that they do come down on the side of "doing evil things in pursuit of an ostensibly noble goal still leads to one becoming a monster" although they only did that in a cutscene and everything up to that point was presented as being super badass
    i just love that the ending is literally "and then Talion died on the way to his home planet the end goodbye"

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    cursedking wrote: »

i just love that the ending is literally "and then Talion died on the way to his home planet the end goodbye"
    It's like Talion started as a regular Ranger class in a D&D campaign, became so super powerful that the DM could no longer throw anything at him that he couldn't defeat, then just got fed up and went with 'rocks fall, party dies'

Javen on
  • UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    so uh, when i quit it says i will lose all unsaved progress, but i'm not seeing a way to manually save?

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

edited October 2017
    It auto saves constantly you should be fine.

Man that elven sprint ability is so powerful, you sprint away from a fight, and then just before you reach a guy just sneak drain, it makes getting health back really easy. Also being able to literally sprint towards a captain front on and move so fast that you can still stealth attack him point blank before he can react. I even sometimes just keep circling at super speed doing stealth attacks over and over

Prohass on
    I swear some missions having missing info. Like I'm paying pretty close attention and suddenly during a mission with baenor it says"they've taken him to gorgoroth!" And I'm like what, when,? I didn't even know they kidnapped him? He was right next to mena second ago

Also the Carnan mission they ask "what have we awoken" and I swear at no point previously did anyone say anything about something being awoken

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    So how does this play on PC?

I'm running a i5 2500k, GTX 970 and 16GB ram, so I think I meet the recommended specs?