As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Which minis events provide miniatures?

isaacvanduynisaacvanduyn Registered User new member
Browsing the miniatures events (40K, Warmachine), some of them indicate that the event is a tournament and you need to bring 2,000 points of models or what have you. This makes sense and is fine. Some other events just mention the game, and don't say anything about armies, point values, etc. Can we assume that for these events, miniatures will be provided?

• GundabadGundabad PAX East & Unplugged Tabletop Manager NJRegistered User regular
    If it says "Freeplay Meetup" or is a tournament, that is a "bring your own miniatures" type situation. For the rest of the events, miniatures should be provided. If there are any where that clarification got let out, let me know and I can follow up. The only ones I see right now are the 40K Scenario Play events, and those event descriptions will be updated soon.

• TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Do you happen to know if anyone will be running shadow war armageddon? Depending on how many events there are that either provide minis or use smaller numbers is rather not bring a whole army.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Sam ButlerSam Butler Minis coordinator Pax East, Minis Dept manager, Hobby Dept manager Pax Unplugged BostonRegistered User regular
    Do you happen to know if anyone will be running shadow war armageddon? Depending on how many events there are that either provide minis or use smaller numbers is rather not bring a whole army.

Currently there is no Tournament planned for SWA, but there will be free play space available to play it.
    Browsing the miniatures events (40K, Warmachine), some of them indicate that the event is a tournament and you need to bring 2,000 points of models or what have you. This makes sense and is fine. Some other events just mention the game, and don't say anything about armies, point values, etc. Can we assume that for these events, miniatures will be provided?
    Gundabad wrote: »
    If it says "Freeplay Meetup" or is a tournament, that is a "bring your own miniatures" type situation. For the rest of the events, miniatures should be provided. If there are any where that clarification got let out, let me know and I can follow up. The only ones I see right now are the 40K Scenario Play events, and those event descriptions will be updated soon.

Events that have Miniatures provided should have that specifically mentioned in their descriptions. But to be on the safe side it is almost always better to bring some minis.
    as to the 40k scenario games there should be some minis available but as there is a limited amount of available minis, folks should feel free to bring and use their own miniatures as well.