As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pre-PAX Unplugged...dinner?

CatalepticalCataleptical New JerseyRegistered User regular
Hey everyone!

I wanted to test the waters and see if there was any interest in a get-together before PAX Unplugged. We could do a dinner, or buck the trend much like Unplugged and do something different, like drinks, tapas, etc.

I work in Philly and live nearby, so I could provide suggestions, scout out places, and arrange the deal. But the main question is: is anyone interested in a Wednesday or Thursday night event?

379by4cj0i1l.png

• Options
    Kiss Me GoodByeKiss Me GoodBye Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Hey hey!

So I too live in Philly and help host a weekly meetup for the local Redditors (seriously not as terrifying as that may sound) and I welcome everyone to come out to that. Some people bring games to the bar and we just drink and be merry. It's a great time and how I met a majority of my friends. Larpers, tabletop, video gamers, etc.

Cooperage wine and whiskey bar - 7th and Walnut - every Thursday from 5-??? - ask a waitress for the Reddit crew and shell take you to us!!

Also our upcoming Halloween Party!

Kiss Me GoodBye on
    SQUID
    PAX EAST 2011 * 2012 * 2013 *2014 *2015 *2016 | PAX PRIME 2013| PAX UNPLUGGED 2017
  • Options
    SQUID
    PAX EAST 2011 * 2012 * 2013 *2014 *2015 *2016 | PAX PRIME 2013| PAX UNPLUGGED 2017
  • Options
    erraticninjaerraticninja Registered User regular
    I would be interested in either.

kGEF4EH.png
  • Options
    CatalepticalCataleptical New JerseyRegistered User regular
    Cooperage wine and whiskey bar - 7th and Walnut - every Thursday from 5-??? - ask a waitress for the Reddit crew and shell take you to us!!

Also our upcoming Halloween Party!

No kidding? I work in the Curtis Center!

379by4cj0i1l.png
  • Options
    Come visit us! It's a fun time!!

SQUID
  • Options
    Mark BMark B Registered User regular
    I would be interested. I was testing the waters for a pre-pax game night, so the reddit thing might wrap up three things in one. How friendly is the Reddit meet-up for people who don't drink? Sadly, I never acquired the taste, and have been to bars where it makes me feel unwelcome and also bar gatherings where it has been no big deal. Also, is it necessary to rsvp? What is the capacity in case this thing really takes off?

• Options
    I have a friend who comes weekly who doesn't drink so you'd be fine. It's not necessary to RSVP but it's good to know so I can warn the owner of the crowd is much larger than usual. It's not a huge bar but can fit a decent amount of people.

SQUID