As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Unplugged schedule is live!

whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?

• Options
    nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    Thrilled to see acq Inc and the c team. Very surprised to see no Mike and Jerry q&a, feel like that is a PAX staple.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2017
    There's a Q&A on Friday morning!

http://unplugged.paxsite.com/schedule/panel/penny-arcade-qa

Also they usually do some Q&A as part of the make-a-strip panel as well.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    Not sure how I missed seeing both of those on the schedule, thanks @zerzhul

• Options
    Mark BMark B Registered User regular
    This schedule is kind of amazing. Acquisitions Inc, C Team, Critil Role, Shut Up & Sit Down, Dice Tower Top Ten, Eacape Room, Live Fiasco Game, an Evening with Patrick Rothfus--when am I supposed to have time to play board games? I guess I'll be hauling a bag full of line games. I think Ethnos and Port Royal would be ideal for this.

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    What is the typical line arrival time for something like Acq Inc? Hour? Couple hours?

Need to start planning my days.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Hard to say since this is a new show, but Acq Inc is almost always a huge draw. I'd plan on being there at least an hour early, if not 2.

Also a good time to mention that you can keep track of the status of lines using both the Guidebook app and the @PAX_Lines twitter account.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I realize there's probably a lot that's spoiler-y to disclose but there anywhere we can go to learn more about this Future Tense megagame in advance?

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    GundabadGundabad PAX East & Unplugged Tabletop Manager NJRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Mark BMark B Registered User regular
    Any idea how the RPG registration works? The schedule says that registration starts at 10 am on Friday at Pax RPG HQ. Since it looks like the vendor hall/show floor does not open until 11, I assume that this is located somewhere outside that area. If so, the area itself does not open until 10, so I am guessing that I need to get there early, stand in line to get in to the convention center, rush over to the pax RPG HQ and then wait in that line and hope the slots I want are open when I get to the front of the line. Does this sound accurate?

If so, my specific questions are: will there be a limit to how many we can sign up for? Can I send go up as an alternate in case someone does not show up? Will there be a fee? Can I sign up for me and my friends? Is there a limit to how many fri nds I can sign up with me?

• Options
    DoveroDovero Registered User new member
    edited October 2017
    First time attending a Pax event and I am finding this scheduling system to be worrisome. Any information as to why we can't register online for the events we want to attend instead of going and standing in line, room by room, wasting the better part of a day just to get into events on the remaining days? What a colossal waste of time, not to mention being thoroughly archaic! I second Mark B's question of whether or not we can sign friends up for events or if everyone has to be in person. And if that's the case, so much chaos as friends are trying to coordinate time schedules texting back and forth for instant information about what they are and are not able to get signed up for. My friends and I usually have a spreadsheet with main choices, first alternates and fillers well ahead of event registration for Gen Con. Trying to coordinate that as registration is happening in person in a crowded convention center is going to be pure crap. Would rather be spending my time registering NOW for events, so coming Friday morning I can go straight to an event or vendor hall instead of wasting 3-4 hours hoping to get into things the rest of the con.

Dovero on
  • Options
    GundabadGundabad PAX East & Unplugged Tabletop Manager NJRegistered User regular
    A dedicated thread/FAQ will pop up between now and the week of the convention answering all of people's registration questions.

• Options
    SchmulkiSchmulki Registered User regular
    To be fair, it's not going to answer that question. It's going to tell us that by not allowing preregs, things aren't filled up before people even get there, giving everyone a chance to sign up for things and no matter what they do, everyone isn't going to get into everything.

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Hey so, is there really no Magic on Friday? Sat and Sunday both show Magic as all day starting at 10, but nothing on friday?

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    LackeyLackey [E] PAX Tabletop Tournaments Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Elbasunu wrote: »
    Hey so, is there really no Magic on Friday? Sat and Sunday both show Magic as all day starting at 10, but nothing on friday?

Looks like it was accidentally left off of the website Schedule. It's definitely happening on Friday.

Full details of the Magic events are available at the Cascade Games website, here:
    http://www.cascadegames.com/PAX-UP-17.html

Scroll down to the Magic section, and you'll be able to expand the Friday events.

EDIT: The listing for Magic on Friday will appear on the website shortly, if it hasn't already.

Lackey on
  • Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Thank you!

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos