As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Butter Battle [chat]

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    EAST COAST
    @Feral god dammit

BANG BANG I AM THE WARRIOR

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Holy shit a "pause pod"

brb I'm going to go make a million dollars crafting custom pause pods for idiots.

You know what a busy Sillicon valley employee need is a large coffee cup that can hold a day's worth of coffee while also keeping it hot. Maybe with a value-add lid so it can be easily transported.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Also I think I'll invent a device that tells you where the northmost conference room is at all times.

How would you even make that?

Setting to map each building (or use a google map/online layout for one's building), assign identifiers to conference rooms, go from there via GPS?

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    WEST COAST
    Aegis wrote: »
    Also I think I'll invent a device that tells you where the northmost conference room is at all times.

Setting to map each building (or use a google map/online layout for one's building), assign identifiers to conference rooms, go from there via GPS?

sounds impossible.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet, but my mom just sent me an email with the subject line: "Skydiving"

[chat], I don't know if I'm capable of properly conveying this emotion, to be honest

But on the list of things I most want to be doing at any given time, experiencing the sensation of plummeting toward the Earth is in my Top 10

[chat]

She might be offering to take me skydiving

[chat]

Check that she hasn;t taken out a life insurance policy on you and pack your own 'chute.

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet, but my mom just sent me an email with the subject line: "Skydiving"

[chat], I don't know if I'm capable of properly conveying this emotion, to be honest

But on the list of things I most want to be doing at any given time, experiencing the sensation of plummeting toward the Earth is in my Top 10

[chat]

[chat]

Check that she hasn;t taken out a life insurance policy on you and pack your own 'chute.

I told you before, Mortious, I met the same gypsy @override367 did and my curse is that I can never die!

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Narwhal, get in the fucking sky

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    EAST COAST
    Daredevil was also the male lead in Stardust

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »

sounds impossible.

I just figured I'd take a pin and rub it on some silk and set it in a floating pool of water on a leaf and each employee is required to carry it with them at all times.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    That's right everyone it's time for WAIFU TREK ON CBS ALL ACCESS YOUR NUMBER ONE SOURCE FOR TREKS AND SHELDONS

• Options

[chat]

[chat]

I told you before, Mortious, I met the same gypsy override367 did and my curse is that I can never die!

I'm not sure that's a curse.

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    Burnage wrote: »
    Narwhal, get in the fucking sky

I'm gonna fly like a gosh darned bird, Burnage

If she wants this to be my Christmas present I am 100% down

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Like, I know I get old man river sometimes because I'm a little weird and preppery but come on you're either inventing ways to get us to the moon colonies for terraforming or you're giving your employees pillow forts, but you can't do both.

I'll handle keeping people alive down here when shit hits the fan, all you asshat geniuses just figure out how to come back and get us after you've left on your generation ships to colonize neptune

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    EAST COAST
    Narwhal is the lady you wrote the letter to the woman you were seeing a bit ago

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Atomika wrote: »
    Daredevil was also the male lead in Stardust

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular

[chat]

[chat]

I told you before, Mortious, I met the same gypsy override367 did and my curse is that I can never die!

Floating in space for a trillion years doesn't sound great to me.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    EAST COAST
    credeiki wrote: »
    Oh noooo and now my pc battery ran out and I don't have a charger, just as I was getting back into tyranny

21stCentury drawing while people watch is one thing; playing a lewd vn is quite another!

I suppose I could be a reasonable person and Read A Goddamn Book but I am feeling sad about the end of the weekend and return to bachelor life which makes me want to only play video games or read the internet.

Wait, Dokidoki is a lewd visual novel?

i wasn't aware it had lewdness.

Also you don't know what i drew. :winky:

I don't know if it shows fucking but I'd guess so; at the very least there's going to be objectified anime girls all over the screen. On my way home now, though, so temporary crisis is over-- although I read some of Vandermeer's Authority which even in small doses is a bit unsettling.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Amy I've seen that movie like a dozen times and never put that together.

• Options
    My GPS regularly gives me directions as a NESW heading.

Which isn't all that helpful to be honest.

Maybe I should get a car-compass, get on that Silicon Valley.

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    I'm getting a new controller in the mail today. I ordered it 18 hours ago on Amazon, and they told me it'd be here today before 9pm. I didn't get the "your package has shipped!" email until 3pm, and apparently it didn't even arrive at the local shipping facility until 5. So I was skeptical.

Except the Amazon app has an order tracking mode that shows me on a map where my delivery driver is. The delivery driver is about 2 1/2 miles away from me. Amazon tells me they are making 2 deliveries before mine.

I am no longer skeptical.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    EAST COAST
    All of you should go see The Florida Project

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    EAST COAST
    @OnTheLastCastle That is a very good deal on butter, providing you the convenient cover of being a thrifty value hunter.

• Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »

Nah, Nargirl is still alive and well (relatively speaking) :P She's actually doing quite well, she seems stable, I'm very happy for her <3

Kim was someone I first met and connected with in my first day hospital program. We were tentatively exploring the idea of having something, but life got too heavy for her.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    That's right everyone it's time for WAIFU TREK ON CBS ALL ACCESS YOUR NUMBER ONE SOURCE FOR TREKS AND SHELDONS

Is... is there going to be a crossover between those two at some point

Because I'm now terrified that that might happen

• Options

[chat]

[chat]

Coinage wrote: »

[chat]

[chat]

Floating in space for a trillion years doesn't sound great to me.

Exactly, Coinage.

Mortious, I can never die.

Never.

And so we keep moving forward.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    WEST COAST
    Garnet's Proportions are fucking weird.

Giant ass, tiny waist, ridiculously noodly arms....

And yet, it's surprisingly easy to draw her with more human proportions and still "read" as Garnet.

• Options
    EAST COAST

Nah, Nargirl is still alive and well (relatively speaking) :P She's actually doing quite well, she seems stable, I'm very happy for her <3

Kim was someone I first met and connected with in my first day hospital program. We were tentatively exploring the idea of having something, but life got too heavy for her.

Well I am glad for nargirl and sad for kim

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    EAST COAST
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    not that I'm into such things, but season 2 of Attack on Titan is out on Crunchy Roll. Just like, fwye

Totally not watching it.

thank you for telling me this so I can avoid watching it

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    WEST COAST

A compass

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options

A compass

No it's a productivity enhancement barometer

• Options
    WEST COAST

A compass

Yo, that's rude, don't call people comp-asses.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    EAST COAST
    @spool32 next to me the other day someone was watching starcraft in perfect hd on the subway

hUCOZ9El.jpg

The cultural infrastructures necessary to make this scene normal (the next day I saw another person watch some weird moba) is like, the same gulf of difference between the U.S. And the world in soccer: some countries consider it their duty to search for the next maradona or messi, and so every kid is encouraged to try, and resources are given to their development (Korea has pc bangs on every other street corner). This obviously isn't as encouraged in gaming but that sentiment of everyone - not just nerds or jocks - just being exposed to the thing in question imo naturally broadens the talent pool

I think once it gets out that there's some money in it, and if prestige ever comes (which it's starting in its own way to thanks to social media and forums) then I think Americans will begin gaining ground

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    WEST COAST

A compass

Ok. I'm inventing a drawing on a piece of paper that will show locations of all nearby gentrified areas and boutique coffee shops

I call it...the Hipster Helper

• Options

A compass

Ok. I'm inventing a drawing on a piece of paper that will show locations of all nearby gentrified areas and boutique coffee shops

We could pair the two.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Okay, I'm here. And all I want to do is sleep. And shower / get rid of this shirt that somehow I screwed up by dripping mcdonalds steak grease on in Dallas. *sigh*

Still, it is quite cool that I can see places I recognize from GTA: San Andreas outside my window!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited October 2017
    spool32 wrote: »
    @Feral god dammit

BANG BANG I AM THE WARRIOR

victory is mine

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    WEST COAST

A compass

We could pair the two.

My god

We'll make a fortune

• Options

Well I am glad for nargirl and sad for kim

Being in these hospital programs and these other day programs can be tough sometimes, man.
    Everyone is there because they're having a rough time, but it can be so hard to figure out what someone needs, and where their breaking point might be.

You see miraculous turnarounds for some people, you see stabilization for most people ( <3 ), but some people ... they come as a surprise every time.

I've been in this shit for a while and I still can't figure it out.

There are signs, sure. But if you jumped every time you saw a sign, you'd have everyone in lockdown 24/7 (Okay, that's exaggerating a little bit, but you get the point).

It's a decision, in the end, and it's a very personal one, and that's why it's so hard to figure out who's really in the most danger: even in these safe places, not one of us can fully reveal ourselves. You try, you try your best. But it's just reality. Everyone, in these programs and outside of them, carries something deep that's almost impossible for them to share.

I'm big on community for a reason. Every text to a friend counts. Every "hey, how you doing?" matters. Every hug, every smile, every coffee break shared together, it adds up. And it can save lives.

I've seen enough loss. I'm stronger now than I've ever been, and I'm sharing my experiences because I want everyone to find this strength, and to come together and address it: we need to connect. Genuinely. Fearlessly. Openly.

We need to stop being afraid of each other, we need to stop with the idea that there ARE "others". We're all in this together, each and every person on this planet. I've seen enough loss, I've experienced enough loss, I've lost enough myself. I'm not losing anymore.

#Winning, darn it. #WinningTogether, dammit! :P

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    EAST COAST
    Oh noooo and now my pc battery ran out and I don't have a charger, just as I was getting back into tyranny

21stCentury drawing while people watch is one thing; playing a lewd vn is quite another!

I suppose I could be a reasonable person and Read A Goddamn Book but I am feeling sad about the end of the weekend and return to bachelor life which makes me want to only play video games or read the internet.

I don't know if it shows fucking but I'd guess so; at the very least there's going to be objectified anime girls all over the screen. On my way home now, though, so temporary crisis is over-- although I read some of Vandermeer's Authority which even in small doses is a bit unsettling.
    Nah, it's a horror game that starts out pretending to be a dating sim.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    EAST COAST
    cB557 wrote: »

Nah, it's a horror game that starts out pretending to be a dating sim.

Oh hm

Horror as in psychologically disturbing or as in scary?
    If the former, I'm in; if the latter, absolutely not.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
This discussion has been closed.