As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Fulfill Your [Destiny 2]

EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes UpRegistered User regular
edited August 2019 in Social Entropy++
Here's everything you need to know about Destiny 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vII1AGyantY

All caught up? Awesome, let's get down to business.
We should start using www.the100.io to organize fireteams. The G&T thread folks use it a lot and it works well. Basically you post a time you want to do something (raid/nightfall/etc) and whatever relevant details, and people can see that and join up. Makes it easy to see if there's interest to do something at a set time and then provides an easy way to get in touch with each other without playing forum telephone.

I just created a ps4 Singularity Engine group on it, you can find it here:
https://www.the100.io/groups/4778

wrote:
Okay, Singularity Engine/SE++ exists now, if anyone can figure out Bungie's interface and try to join I'll approve you, send me a PM if you'd like otherwise I'll check periodically

I'll probably make a bunch/most people admins as well so they can approve too

Edit edit: oh thank god the mobile app works way better than the site - link to clan page:
https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2271513

Props to @DouglasDanger for this friends list from their OP!

PS4
Douglasdanger (if you're lazy and/or clever, just check out my friends list)
BaroqueAndRoll
timspork
ModelZX
GrahamCR
twotimesadingo
handgimp
Robo_Wizard1
Tetrareggaeton
jaguarstryker
LeviathanAscends
Callkious
kadithd
Maximum_Jay
IKisGreat
PICarnehan
Fearghaill
AzraithDeMitri
shorty=floydianhate
Tusk210
AgeOldSandwich
Zinnar2
Kunjin
Action_Jakeson
SoulCrusherJared
SirEtchwarts
Doobhbutt

Xbox
cooldrew100
tw1tch0rz
Bedigunz
cZb557

PC
SamuraiGatts#1472
Calonis#11638
Kadith#1532
QuantumTurk #1711
HeyItsBeeb#1133
Xehalus#1695
Skragg#1779
ubik#1955
TheBetgirl#1557
FigD#1557
Finkerton#1862.
walt#1813
Beetlewings#2948
ThatJerkRMED#1682
Zandracon#1691
Rhylith#1299
Mercwolf#11752
Ladi#2485
Radius#1817
AlWatts#1320

Come join us in taking back Earth pursuing the sickest fashion today!

Etchwarts on

• DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    hey it's no big thing or anything but if you're in the SE++ clan head to Saraya to get your raid engram #humblebrag

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I played that fucking raid for like 14 hours this weekend that is too much.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    DesTwoNy

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I'm so happy that we beat it tonight because I am Destiny'd out.

Thank you to everyone. It took us a while but it never felt like a struggle.

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Now that I have the raid down I have just got to go to the trials once and do a prestige mode to platinum this game. I'm not sure I've ever platinumed a game before.

Also, I now have the entire hunter raid armor set besides the helmet, the one piece I would have actually used.

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    hi I'm playing this game meow

Psn: Doobhbutt

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    the SE++ late fuckers raid is finally completed! It took us 3 nights, 12 raiders and 14 hours but it's finally done. What a saga. Every single encounter took us at least 3 hours but you wouldn't know it from our chipper tone and positive mental attitude!

thanks to @Blankzilla @Mysst for helping us get through the first two sections

Shitty Couch victory shot:
    i69xrnfteeuu.jpg

And thanks to @#pipe @Maximum and @Lasbrook for being there for all 3 arduous nights. John Cena would be proud of your never give up attitude. I had a blast and I also may never play Destiny again.

ps lasbrook I know you weren't there for all three nights but you were there for a long time and that's what counts

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    hey it's no big thing or anything but if you're in the SE++ clan head to Saraya to get your raid engram #humblebrag

liEt3nH.png
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    For a second you had me questioning just how long I actually did spend raiding.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    So whos on #TeamPC?

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I wanted to repost this from the end of the last thread
    Had my first actual fun thing happen to me in the Crucible tonight

me and another Hunter were running along taking potshots at each other, whittled us both down to just a little health, and then found ourselves out in the open and both out of ammo at the same time

we both go to switch weapons and thanks to the Lucky Pants I'm able to get my second hand cannon up and ready in time to get the kill. it was an honest to god quickdraw and it's the best thing that's ever happened to me in this mode

and then my team went on to lose like, 100-26, so that feeling faded, but you know

Grey Ghost on
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    There needs to be a pistol twirl emote

https://youtu.be/6zBU4lMQ9_I

Joolander on
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    It feels very very good to have that raid finally out of the way after two several-hour-attempts before this week that didn’t end with a calus kill

Thanks to everyone who played with us! It was a good time

I’m glad it’s so easy to hit 305 without the raid though, because I’m not sure I want to go back in there for awhile

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    from what i saw subbing in at the end for Calus everyone was very spot on and picked it up well. I'm sure future runs will be a lot smoother if that's how you all acted and improved while learning the previous fights and everyone had a great attitude, which was the opposite of my experience that morning with a group from the 100. So thanks for letting me tag along.

I forgot to try to get you to take me to the keys I still had so... damn

initiatefailure on
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    Gj raid guys. I'm in for the next one :)

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    so I haven't done callus, but I did the rest of the raid over the weekend

it was occasionally frustrating but also a lot of fun, and now I understand why most people don't try and go into these blind because good fucking god

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Going blind in this particular raid was a real fucker.

figuring out some of that stuff blind sounds insane to me.

• GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Yeah, good job all. I mean, try to make my engram a scout rather than pulse next time, but good stuff. But no, seriously, hope you had fun, and yeah, well done if you went in blind/semi-blind, that's tough.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
    Couldn't fall asleep until like, 2 o'clock in the morning after last night.

I don't think my brain is meant to stay that intensely focused on a task for several hours at a time.

After last night I can confirm that the IB autorifle seems pretty nice

I suppose it has earned a shader after getting me through that

edited October 2017
    did anyone here complete the raid with a full blind group? If so, did you lose your mind?

DodgeBlan on

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Vann Diras wrote: »

It seems to be a faster firing, slightly less impact Origin Story. I could not do as well with it as I could with Origin Story.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    i might secretly try and get in a raid group with you guys sometime

is it possible for me to run the raid with two groups? Your progression is tied to the fireteam leader, correct?

I love my friends but it's almost impossible to get six adults together regularly and half of them are very casual players and I'd just

really like to see this raid through.

Everyone gains the checkpoints but you only use yours as firetean leader. Otherwise you just don't get rewards for fights you've already done.

And you can run multiple characters

It feels very very good to have that raid finally out of the way after two several-hour-attempts before this week that didn’t end with a calus kill

Thanks to everyone who played with us! It was a good time

I’m glad it’s so easy to hit 305 without the raid though, because I’m not sure I want to go back in there for awhile

also sorry Vann for some reason my brain thought you were a G&T raider so I thanked you there but it was awesome playing with you!

edited October 2017

It seems to be a faster firing, slightly less impact Origin Story. I could not do as well with it as I could with Origin Story.

I honestly haven’t even messed with origin story yet! Pretty sure I sharded my original. Maybe I’ll transfer the one from my new Titan and give it a go

Tap the trigger is a Good Perk

Edit: oh haha no worries dodge, thanks for letting me in on the good times!

Vann Diras on
  • HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    did anyone here complete the raid with a full blind group? If so, did you lose your mind?

We did most of it blind, looked up solutions on Callus after a while but we'd figured most of it out. Dogs was the hardest part to figure out

Overall it wasn't too bad, King's Fall was probably tougher to work out, but doing several Destiny raids at this point makes it easier to work out what they want you to do I think

Hermano on

PSN- AHermano
  • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    WheatBun01 wrote: »
    i might secretly try and get in a raid group with you guys sometime

is it possible for me to run the raid with two groups? Your progression is tied to the fireteam leader, correct?
    Not exactly. The fireteam leader's progression determines which encounters are available on a given run. So if the leader hasn't done the raid this week, all the encounters will be up. If they've already cleared 3 of 4, then only Calus will remain to do.

However, the game also tracks which events you've done, and you won't get rewards for any encounters you've previously cleared on the same character in a given week. So if you've cleared the raid and then join another group to hang out with your friends, you won't get any loot.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

I honestly haven’t even messed with origin story yet! Pretty sure I sharded my original. Maybe I’ll transfer the one from my new Titan and give it a go

Tap the trigger is a Good Perk

Edit: oh haha no worries dodge, thanks for letting me in on the good times!

I can never remember to tap. I like to hold that trigger down.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited October 2017
    Yeah, I was in the group of forumers who went in blind right after the raid was released. It was insane, and also the best experience I've had playing Destiny. :o One of the guys streamed it live, so the record is floating around somewhere too.
    Strangely enough, Baths gave us the most difficulty in figuring out (considering the encounter length.) We simply couldn't believe that it was a pretty straightforward relay race again (a la Totems in King's Fall) that we kept looking for another mechanic.

Warbeasts was up next. We figured out the prism/pollen stacks dynamic pretty quickly, but learning the beasts pathing and their occasional glitching kept us from finishing it quickly. Then one of the others came up with the idea that having to kill all of the beasts in the same round might be the requirement for the eventual Challenge Mode, so we decided to switch to that. Figured out where they all ran to after a howl, and assigned everyone a beast with the plan to injure them but wait another round before killing them all. So of course on the next attempt, we managed 60 stacks and killed them all right there!

Gauntlet was actually the easiest for us to figure out. I'm also super proud that we ended up with the strat of having the 4 shooters staying on their respective plates and pairing off for targets. Looking back, a lot of Day 1 raiders went with assigning a pair of shooters to a runner, who then rotated with them.

Callas was fine to figure out, but a nightmare to execute that first time. We also didn't know the optimal weapons to use and we kept punching out all of the scions in the throne room before teleport. It took us a pretty long time, plus the first time we killed him it glitched and killed us (but we got half of the rewards and heard his ending dialogue) so we had to do it again! It's great that they fixed this in one of their most recent patches, but his shield break still goes wonky every so often.

Anyway, this raid is a ton of fun and I would absolutely recommend it to everyone here since we have such a great community of Destiny players. Having a good group that can communicate well is a huge benefit. Also our average Leviathan runs are just around an hour now, so it really does get a bunch easier with a bit of practice.

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
    Hermano wrote: »

We did most of it blind, looked up solutions on Callus after a while but we'd figured most of it out. Dogs was the hardest part to figure out

Overall it wasn't too bad, King's Fall was probably tougher to work out, but doing several Destiny raids at this point makes it easier to work out what they want you to do I think

Doing dogs without a map sounds like it would take aaaages to get right

• PeenPeen Registered User regular

I was in one, in two days and 7ish hours we got all of the way to Calus and ground on him some but didn't get the win, they finished it without me the next day.

Dogs and Calus were the worst, for sure.

weeeeeell i forgot my clan engram last night, so i hopped on to nab it

a third ghost primus! so all in all, counting the tokens i had from my past attempts, the raid this week got me the hunter chest, the sword, and three ghost primus.

loooooooooove spinning that wheel

I almost feel bad about getting everything but the hood in a single run.

i'd be more annoyed by it, but... i don't know that i actually like a single piece of the hunter raid gear, so i guess it's no loss

a hand cannon would've been cool tho

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Does anyone want to play some Iron Banner? Or do the night fall?

i'd be more annoyed by it, but... i don't know that i actually like a single piece of the hunter raid gear, so i guess it's no loss

The pants are insultingly bad looking.

I think I need to figure out how to link my PSN and Twitter accounts, so I can brag about how beautiful I am now.

the gloves...

that's it. that's all i like of the raid set.

This discussion has been closed.