As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Butter Battle [chat]

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I also remember the Dilbert cartoon being funny but short lived.

yeah my familiarity with Dilbert is mostly from the cartoon which I recall as funny. I don't have any fondness for the comic.

I also remeber like the Garfield cartoon it had little to do with the comic creator and was better for it

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    EAST COAST
    Good morning you reticulated rhombi.

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    I'm at the point in my life where everyone i liked as a kid is either a racist now or dead

Don't forget the convicted child molesters.

or serial rapists!
    We still have Tom Hanks...who I'm still suspicious of. Nobody is that nice Mr. Hanks. I got my eyes on you.

I'm old enough to remember when bill cosby was america's dad

The Cosby Show was an institution

and that show with the stupid bee pen

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Joke option Country Crock

yeah my familiarity with Dilbert is mostly from the cartoon which I recall as funny. I don't have any fondness for the comic.

I also remeber like the Garfield cartoon it had little to do with the comic creator and was better for it

The farm cartoon was really good.

steam_sig.png
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    EAST COAST
    Is there another name for a tea towel in parts of the US?

We haven't used tea towels since we threw the lot of them in Boston harbor in 1773 during the Boston tea towel party

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    I'm at the point in my life where everyone i liked as a kid is either a racist now or dead

Don't forget the convicted child molesters.

or serial rapists!
    We still have Tom Hanks...who I'm still suspicious of. Nobody is that nice Mr. Hanks. I got my eyes on you.

I'm old enough to remember when bill cosby was america's dad

The Cosby Show was an institution

and that show with the stupid bee pen

That pen was a lie. It looked far more powerful than it was.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    EAST COAST
    I want tasty tofu

fuck gendered marketing
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    EAST COAST

The farm cartoon was really good.

U.S. Acres I think?

Kamiro wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    Due the biggest hurdle in tofu is getting the moisture out. Put it between two tea towels and put a heavy book on top of it. A tofu press works best obviously. After that you pretty much treat tofu like meat. Cut it to the appropriate size and cook it in a pan with seasonings just like you would a lean meat.

what on earth is a tea towel and where do i find a book

A towel for your tea. You should also have a tea chair, tea table and tea cutlass. Did no one get you house-warming gifts?

What's next? Tea cups? Tea spoons? When will it end?

Can I interest you in my own personal bag of tea?

• A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Joke option Country Crock
    Are all your idols from your childhood secretly awful individuals? Take this 67-page personality quiz to find out!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Gim wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    It's 45 degrees in my bedroom right now

I have created the optimal sleeping environment

I choose to believe that you mean Celsius and that you are a lizard person.

I've gotten into the habit of converting to fahrenheit because the whiny whiners who live south of me whine a bunch if I don't

The slow decline of civilisation
    More like the changing of the guard.

(I wish metric units were standard in engineering over here. Converting between obscure imperial units is a great way to have unforced errors. Why measure power in horsepower instead of something like lb*ft/hr? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

EAST COAST
    Oh

Graham Linehan is just openly transphobic

I suppose I should have seen this earlier

fuck gendered marketing
  • navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Teaspoon is a single word.

• Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    EAST COAST

Uhh
    Hmm

Mark Hamill seems cool
    Patrick Stewart has those very good videos where he loves his dog

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    EAST COAST

Dish towel, dish cloth, kitchen towel

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    EAST COAST

Is this equivalent to a rag

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    WEST COAST
    one thing I like about silicon valley unicorn insanity: loss-making bike sharing schemes means that I can just abandon my bike whenever I come to an overpass, and be reasonably certain of finding a cluster of bikes waiting on the other side

and I've only signed up to one of the three bike networks

aRkpc.gif
    EAST COAST
    I think Bogart is talking about Freedom Towels

EAST COAST
    I think Bogart is talking about Freedom Towels

zkhigju3sdxc.png

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    EAST COAST
    Eddy wrote: »

A filthy rag

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
    EAST COAST
    How luxurious

EAST COAST
    How luxurious

Snuggle deep into freedoms warm bosom.

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Eddy wrote: »

I feel if you're using something you call a rag to wipe clean everything you wash I will politely refuse your invitation to dinner.

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    EAST COAST
    Bike share services here are usually treated as a municipal service designed to reduce load on other forms of transit and typically are not expected to make money. The attachment of money to the share system is basically just there to prevent people from taking and keeping as many bikes as they want.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    EAST COAST
    And yet recognizing that leaves me feeling just sad

fuck gendered marketing
    WEST COAST
    the pitching-bikes-into-canals problem and the theft-of-bikes-on-an-industrial-scale problems are probably dealbreakers outside of east asia tho

aRkpc.gif
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Not the disposable ones, of course. The fabric ones you have to wash. Dish cloth gets used over here as well. I suspects areas have their own lingo, utterly impenetrable to outsiders from further than 10 miles away. We call that our Eaty-Off Polisher, guv'ner.

I guess we just call the disposable ones kitchen roll.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    EAST COAST

Uhh
    Hmm

Mark Hamill seems cool

I'm dreading any awful revelations going on with the MCU, and Netflix. We already have a casualty with
    Joss Whedon.

• navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    According to the first thing I found on the internet, tea towels are essentially the low-absorbant decorative version of dish towels.

With that distinction, we have several. I always called them the decorative kitchen/dish towels. They are near useless for drying, but hang nicely on stove handle.

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

Uhh
    Hmm

Mark Hamill seems cool

I'm dreading any awful revelations going on with the MCU, and Netflix. We already have a casualty with
    Joss Whedon.

... we do?

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Six wrote: »
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    Due the biggest hurdle in tofu is getting the moisture out. Put it between two tea towels and put a heavy book on top of it. A tofu press works best obviously. After that you pretty much treat tofu like meat. Cut it to the appropriate size and cook it in a pan with seasonings just like you would a lean meat.

what on earth is a tea towel and where do i find a book

A towel for your tea. You should also have a tea chair, tea table and tea cutlass. Did no one get you house-warming gifts?

What's next? Tea cups? Tea spoons? When will it end?

Can I interest you in my own personal bag of tea?

Characters-Bagga-T.jpg

MhCw7nZ.gif
    EAST COAST
    Ffffffffff

Why do TERFs exist fffffff

fuck gendered marketing
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    EAST COAST
    Burnage wrote: »

Uhh
    Hmm

Mark Hamill seems cool

Joss Whedon.

... we do?

Kind of. You didn't hear about his scandal?

http://www.vulture.com/2017/08/joss-whedons-ex-wife-calls-him-a-feminist-hypocrite.html

• cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    EAST COAST
    East Sy eeeede!

EAST COAST
    Burnage wrote: »

Uhh
    Hmm

Mark Hamill seems cool

Joss Whedon.

... we do?

Kind of. You didn't hear about his scandal?

http://www.vulture.com/2017/08/joss-whedons-ex-wife-calls-him-a-feminist-hypocrite.html

I mean

That was obvious

fuck gendered marketing
    WEST COAST
    Bike share services here are usually treated as a municipal service designed to reduce load on other forms of transit and typically are not expected to make money. The attachment of money to the share system is basically just there to prevent people from taking and keeping as many bikes as they want.

docklessness makes their usefulness as last mile much better

practical omnipresence is nice too

aRkpc.gif
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    EAST COAST
    does having a fetish for kung fu girls make you a feminist now

• Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    EAST COAST
    my dad instilled in us a love of newspaper comics. Of course, most of them are terrible, so my sister and I would often point whenever a comic actually made us laugh or even just smile. A few were good enough to not note, because they regularly made us laugh. Fox Trot, Sherman's Lagoon, Pearls before Swine. (Calvin and Hobbes had ended shortly before I was really of reading age).

Dilbert wasn't as dire as, I don't know, Ziggy. But much like Adam@Home, it never really raised itself above bland semi-competence.

Fox Trot was amazing.

This discussion has been closed.