As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Transference

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited October 2017 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Transference

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Anon von ZilchAnon von Zilch Registered User regular
    That third panel is pure magic.

• SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular
    I kinda wish they still did that gag where Gabe and Tycho are doing some random crap rather than just standing around talking about a game like being in jail or carrying a body, but I guess it's hard to keep coming up with new situations all the time. Also, it wouldnt work here since they're specifically watching something.

• VladimerVladimer Registered User regular
    the moment this was witnessed on the stream was magical

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I honestly find myself requiring context for the comic more and more these days.

Shows how out of touch with digital gaming I am now getting :(

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Sadgasm wrote: »
    I kinda wish they still did that gag where Gabe and Tycho are doing some random crap rather than just standing around talking about a game like being in jail or carrying a body, but I guess it's hard to keep coming up with new situations all the time. Also, it wouldnt work here since they're specifically watching something.

I always felt like those comics where they were doing a random thing were an homage to Calvin and Hobbes. Like when they're biking down a hill, or walking through the park on an autumn day, or whatever.

And in this case, that sort of thing doesn't really fit because Gabe is literally in the act of reverie here, while on the couch, playing vidja games.

Lucascraft wrote: »
    Sadgasm wrote: »

I always felt like those comics where they were doing a random thing were an homage to Calvin and Hobbes. Like when they're biking down a hill, or walking through the park on an autumn day, or whatever.

And in this case, that sort of thing doesn't really fit because Gabe is literally in the act of reverie here, while on the couch, playing vidja games.

It could be a homage I guess, but I just figured they wanted to add some variety rather than just have the characters hanging out on a couch

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »
    I honestly find myself requiring context for the comic more and more these days.

I guess it's probably PUBG or Battle Royale or one of those other games where toy only get one life.

steam_sig.png
  • poipoigirlpoipoigirl Registered User regular
    There is never a more Prouder moment then seeing your Doom Son succeed.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

Shadows of War, the new mordor game has an arena where you sick your orc dudes against other orcs and you can't interfere you literally just watch them battle.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I thought it was pubg or something.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Reading it again it could be a pubg thing, though I thought you couldn't spectate that if you weren't on a team or something?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    I think that's from the Fortnite twitch stream they did recently.

H9f4bVe.png
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Shadows of War, the new mordor game has an arena where you sick your orc dudes against other orcs and you can't interfere you literally just watch them battle.

Don't think that's it. He's talking about someone who killed him, not someone who killed his orc.

• ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    As mentioned, it's Fortnite. Here's what happened on Friday

76561197966849367.png
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Having not seen the stream, my first thought was of Crusader Kings 2.

Having not seen the stream, my first thought was of Crusader Kings 2.

I dont think Gabe has the patience for that kind of game

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Zetx wrote: »
    As mentioned, it's Fortnite. Here's what happened on Friday

Fortnite following Conflict Pursuants, wee.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Jakk FrostJakk Frost Registered User regular
    Third panel: flashback to 'Deadpool'.

"I bet it feels huge in those hands."

• shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    And then it turns out its his wife XD