As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Butter Battle [chat]

• SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Semi-official separation date of December 16 set, at which point I will be, as of right now, unemployed.

I don't know wat I'm doing.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    EAST COAST
    Saints Row 4 was so good but the introduction of superpowers and shit pretty much killed the universe

when you give the player EVERYTHING..you have nothing left to surprise them with

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    EAST COAST
    i'm trying to use skyscanner to find flights and the prices keep fluctuating wildly

its also way way way more expensive than this site says it should be

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    WEST COAST
    Organichu wrote: »
    As much as I love the mobility of the super sprint and super jump, I think they're the main culprit for why the game feels so unfocused gameplay-wise. Why do I need vehicles when it's so much faster and more convenient to run/jump/glide everywhere? They make me feel like I'm playing Prototype or Infamous or something, but then the combat centers around the shooting with only occasional usage of powers.

It's not a bad game, but it feels like a grab bag of cool shit that they just all shoved into one thing. I guess maybe that's the point?

i loved the amazing first hour and then suddenly it was like ok this zany intro is over, now play this open world game

and i didn't find it compelling at all after that

That's a shame. There's good stuff throughout.

You can pretty much ignore the open world stuff entirely and just focus on the main quest if you want.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    Semi-official separation date of December 16 set, at which point I will be, as of right now, unemployed.

I don't know wat I'm doing.

:bro: None of us do, if that helps at all.

We got your back though, friend, and we'll be here for ya :)

Worst case scenario, between AH and I we can keep you alive through basically any circumstances >_>

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    EAST COAST
    Ludious wrote: »
    Saints Row 4 was so good but the introduction of superpowers and shit pretty much killed the universe

when you give the player EVERYTHING..you have nothing left to surprise them with

I was surprised I could run around wearing nothing but nipple pasties after visiting the lingerie shop.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    WEST COAST
    All you people hating on Saints Row 4...

...I suggest seeking a prescription for antidepressants to treat what is obviously pathological anhedonia.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    EAST COAST
    I take two Reese's pumpkins out of the bowl.
    Chelle goes ballistic and says YOU'RE STEALING MY CANDY
    I'm like wat
    She's like I was looking forward to having chocolate in that bowl all week
    I'm like, this chocolate is the only thing between me and sticking my head in the oven right now

she's like

maybe you should just go ahead and stick your head in the oven

• MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I'm like wat
    I'm like, this chocolate is the only thing between me and sticking my head in the oven right now

she's like

Electric or gas?

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I hid the Halloween candy from myself

Oh man I want some chewy sweet tarts now tho...

So It Goes on
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    EAST COAST
    KGMJ4QD.png

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    WEST COAST
    I'm like wat

she's like

Love is...

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Mostly it made me want to play Prototype again. Or maybe I should just play Prototype 2. IIRC it's supposed to be a big improvement on the first one, and I loved the first one.

vRyue2p.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    ludious, on that note

i realized recently that i'm 29 and if i want i can have the house that gives out the full sized candy bars

but last year i had no fucking knockers at all

and if i buy a couple dozen full sized candy bars i am gonna eat them all and the paramedics are gonna find me

• SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    I should have close to a year of funds without too much struggle, six months at a minimum.

Gonna see how much of this teaching degree I can blitz through and if I can get back into the commission business, while looking for work closer to home.

Should be fine. Juuust fine.

EAST COAST
    So yeah guys whenever you're like oh poor Chelle

just remember

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkxOuzbJy98&list=RDDkxOuzbJy98

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    EAST COAST
    Well [chat], good news and bad news.

The bad news is I'm back at 250.

The good news is I don't think it's fat, or not all of it.

Also, today marks a special occasion when it comes to the pumps. I'm back to where I was when I got out of the Army as far as curls and presses. I haven't been able to do 50 lb dumbbells since my surgery, which was 4 years ago, but today marks my first 5x5 single arm 50lb bicep curl success.

Now to get back to where I was when I was in peak shape... uhh, well... is another 60 lbs on my curl, and 60 lbs off my body.

One day at a time.

jungleroomx on
    I should have close to a year of funds without too much struggle, six months at a minimum.

Gonna see how much of this teaching degree I can blitz through and if I can get back into the commission business, while looking for work closer to home.

Sounds like you've got the beginnings of a plan, and a decent nest egg, which is a bonus.

Remember that plans are executed one day at a time, so relax, be patient, don't beat up on yourself, and be flexible.

Life will play out in interesting ways, it always does.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    WEST COAST
    BTW, there's this Marvel Stage show in town and posters are plastered everywhere and the Guardians of the Galaxy are involved and.... uh....

3dfvusrxltx9.png

That Canadian Star-lord looks a bit off to me.

also i just downloaded cpu-z and evga's gpu overclocking software

thank god i don't have the money to buy a new gaming computer or else this computer nerd streak might reawaken fully

ludious, on that note

i realized recently that i'm 29 and if i want i can have the house that gives out the full sized candy bars

but last year i had no fucking knockers at all

and if i buy a couple dozen full sized candy bars i am gonna eat them all and the paramedics are gonna find me

I just remembered that I live in a college town and that the college students will be celebrating Halloween all over town in the clubs and bars, etc.

And now I also have Halloween plans.

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    So yeah guys whenever you're like oh poor Chelle

just remember

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkxOuzbJy98&list=RDDkxOuzbJy98

I'm not sure how that story would change this opinion.

vRyue2p.png
    EAST COAST
    Fuck the star lord look at that fucking Drax

like if Freddy Kreuger fucked a Teal Pier 1 Imports monster

BeNarwhal wrote: »

Sounds like you've got the beginnings of a plan, and a decent nest egg, which is a bonus.

Remember that plans are executed one day at a time, so relax, be patient, don't beat up on yourself, and be flexible.

Life will play out in interesting ways, it always does.
    This was also my idea, so that helps. Would be leaving sooner, but I don't want to abandon this project before it's sort of done.

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    EAST COAST

That Drax is more like the fabulous brother to Kratos.

I'll let someone else make the easy name joke.

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    WEST COAST
    BTW, there's this Marvel Stage show in town and posters are plastered everywhere and the Guardians of the Galaxy are involved and.... uh....

3dfvusrxltx9.png

Canada was a mistake.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    EAST COAST

That Drax is more like the fabulous brother to Kratos.

I'll let someone else make the easy name joke.

h7t99vzt0a1j.jpg

WEST COAST
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

3dfvusrxltx9.png

Canada was a mistake.

At least we got Rocket right...

On account that we have a lot of raccoons here.

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    oh god after being in the apartment for at least a week straight, at aaron's encouragement i went to the post office and the diner with him

and i am now coughing and shitting constantly

however I can feel the block of infection in my chest loosening

EAST COAST
    That Drax really is unbelievably horrible.

edited October 2017
    uh whose hand is that with the light in the palm on the left of the poster

(it's my hand)

Organichu on
    WEST COAST
    Also apparently some blacksmiths made Rose's Saber from Steven universe.

Gonna watch it instead of drawing, I guess.

EAST COAST
    So the Guardians in that picture are wearing Nova Corp patches. So they're going for a more comicbook slant

ok

then why is drax Teal?

Just go full comic book and make him green.

FUCK

I AM ANGRY AT THIS PICTURE

dangit i told myself a week ago i'd start thinking about halloween costumes and not do a last minute shit special this year

and i've thought of nothing

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    EAST COAST
    That Drax really is unbelievably horrible.

I only see Rocket's sparkler gun.

EAST COAST
    And is that a Mark III iron man glove I see in the left hand corner? Mark III? Really Canada? Mark III Iron Man with Nova Corp Guardians. OK SURE

FUCK IT

WHY NOT

NOTHING MATTERS

WEST COAST
    So the Guardians in that picture are wearing Nova Corp patches. So they're going for a more comicbook slant

ok

then why is drax Teal?

Just go full comic book and make him green.

FUCK

I AM ANGRY AT THIS PICTURE

How's Rocket?

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I am still mentally ranting about that date. I forgot people could be so infuriating.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    WEST COAST
    dangit i told myself a week ago i'd start thinking about halloween costumes and not do a last minute shit special this year

and i've thought of nothing
    Get a bag of googly eyes, and then paste/glue googly eyes all over a mask. Or gloves.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
This discussion has been closed.