As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Butter Battle [chat]

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    EAST COAST
    Ludious wrote: »
    So the Guardians in that picture are wearing Nova Corp patches. So they're going for a more comicbook slant

ok

then why is drax Teal?

Just go full comic book and make him green.

FUCK

I AM ANGRY AT THIS PICTURE

How's Rocket?
    meh. rocket suits are always bad. If you're not going to pay for a blend of animatronics and holographs don't fucking bother

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    WEST COAST
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I am still mentally ranting about that date. I forgot people could be so infuriating.

:bro:

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    i'm going to LA in just a couple of weeks i'm getting increasingly excited

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    I am still mentally ranting about that date. I forgot people could be so infuriating.

The voyeur in me giddily anticipates the full story

The voyeur in me is kind of a dick >_>

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    WEST COAST
    Mostly it made me want to play Prototype again. Or maybe I should just play Prototype 2. IIRC it's supposed to be a big improvement on the first one, and I loved the first one.

I love the Prototype games too but I prefer SR4's colorful aesthetic far more than Prototype's grimdark.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »

I generally find "youtube comment response videos" to be pretty cringey even if they're funny, but this was magnificent.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

I trying how to parse it.

Also 21st thanks for the bro but it is more at this point me just enjoying the absurdity of it.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    WEST COAST
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

I trying how to parse it.

Also 21st thanks for the bro but it is more at this point me just enjoying the absurdity of it.

Glad you're taking it well, then.

Just, I assume it sucks when you try to connect with someone and it doesn't click at all.

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    EAST COAST
    Feral wrote: »
    Mostly it made me want to play Prototype again. Or maybe I should just play Prototype 2. IIRC it's supposed to be a big improvement on the first one, and I loved the first one.

I love the Prototype games too but I prefer SR4's colorful aesthetic far more than Prototype's grimdark.

also, SR4 has bombass dress up.

which Prototype lacks any of at all. except for searching around for cute people to wear temporarily.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    WEST COAST
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSX5G43RBC8

i'm enjoying this a lot more than I expected.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    A

Oh boy oh boy oh boy I want to hear!!!!

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    WEST COAST
    I don't usually care much about dress-up but I do like how Saints Row 4 doesn't gender segregate anything and my female avatar can wear a suit and be dapper as fuck

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular

Prototype 2 was a lot better. I enjoyed both. God you're so OP in that game.

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular

If there was a reasonable powers/melee system in SR4 I'd just play that and not use guns.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    EAST COAST
    @21stCentury apparently the skin tone thing in South Park isnt real they just thought they were being funny.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/9/16435592/south-park-race-difficulty

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    EAST COAST
    Aioua wrote: »
    hJLL3yY.jpg

I bet he's not even going to properly burn that flag

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    WEST COAST

If there was a reasonable powers/melee system in SR4 I'd just play that and not use guns.

Once you power up Blast a little bit you can kill smaller enemies with just powers & melee

But larger enemies (especially wardens) require a combination of both.

• Options
    WEST COAST
    @21stCentury apparently the skin tone thing in South Park isnt real they just thought they were being funny.

I know.

That's why i'm salty. I really did hope they'd succeed at making biting commentary and it just feels like a wet fart to me.

• Options
    EAST COAST

I know.

That's why i'm salty. I really did hope they'd succeed at making biting commentary and it just feels like a wet fart to me.

Ohh ok, I didnt about that till now.

• Options

Once you power up Blast a little bit you can kill smaller enemies with just powers & melee

But larger enemies (especially wardens) require a combination of both.

Sure, but there isn't, like, a melee combat system or anything.

That's kind of what I mean about the game, it feels like I should be a superpowered god that zooms in and smacks people around with powers and my fists, but there isn't a real melee system, and you still need to use guns sometimes. But anytime I use guns it feels...underpowered?

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    WEST COAST
    21stCentury apparently the skin tone thing in South Park isnt real they just thought they were being funny.

I know.

Ohh ok, I didnt about that till now.

Like, yeah, You know I wasn't holding my breath or anything, but I was hopeful.

AT LEAST it's not the worst case scenario. AFAIK it affects nothing, so the NPCs won't treat players like shit.

• Options
    I Wish someone would make a good super man game

• Options
    Back in a bit, lovers

• Options
    EAST COAST

I really dont think its possible.

• Options
    WEST COAST

I heard a good concept once.

Basically, have the City be your healthbar and have it be a Real-Time with Pause or even fully Turn-based tactical game where you basically just plan every attack in a way that avoids collateral as much as possible.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    EAST COAST
    Kana wrote: »

I generally find "youtube comment response videos" to be pretty cringey even if they're funny, but this was magnificent.

Omg ambeeeeeeerr

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    I gave my cats some pork deli meat

I like to think they're so happy because they couldn't kill a pig themselves

• Options
    WEST COAST
    Superman Returns had a neat idea: the player is invincible but the city of Metropolis has a life bar. The challenge comes from saving the city from a myriad of threats.

Too bad it was so poorly executed.

• Options
    Superman Returns had a neat idea: the player is invincible but the city of Metropolis has a life bar. The challenge comes from saving the city from a myriad of threats.

Too bad it was so poorly executed.

Flying was fun!

• Options
    WEST COAST

Basically, have the City be your healthbar and have it be a Real-Time with Pause or even fully Turn-based tactical game where you basically just plan every attack in a way that avoids collateral as much as possible.

That was more or less Superman Returns.

Good idea. Bad execution.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    "Ever have one of those dreams where you're like, totally in love with a girl and it's just amazing and you're so sad when you wake up knowing that she's gone forever and it can never be again."

Ahhhh ilu gym bros never change

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    Freedom Force was such a great superhero game.

• Options
    "Ever have one of those dreams where you're like, totally in love with a girl and it's just amazing and you're so sad when you wake up knowing that she's gone forever and it can never be again."

Ahhhh ilu gym bros never change

How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    WEST COAST
    Fucking gave the borg a name and turned him into a puppy

Stupid space nerds

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    WEST COAST

That was more or less Superman Returns.

Good idea. Bad execution.

I didn't play it, but maybe it could be done well?

I just like the idea of Superman as this force that has to keep its power in check at all times while channeling it in useful ways.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    EAST COAST
    ever have a dream where you're happy and then you wake up and you're like oh

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    EAST COAST

Meh. The power to lift mountains and fly faster than a speeding bullet but you have to be a good guy. It would be like playing Saints Row 4 but you have to be extra careful you don't hurt civilians.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    Sentinels has a hero called Legacy

In one timeline he snaps and his villain is one rough hombre.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i disregarded my prior hesitation and i'm looking at full sized variety boxes on amazon. 18 bars for 11 bucks. that seems pretty good except what poor asshole would get left with the 3 musketeers. i don't hate kids that much

This discussion has been closed.