Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Butter Battle [chat]

• visiblehowlvisiblehowl He/Him Neutron Nerd Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Mostly it made me want to play Prototype again. Or maybe I should just play Prototype 2. IIRC it's supposed to be a big improvement on the first one, and I loved the first one.

I love the Prototype games too but I prefer SR4's colorful aesthetic far more than Prototype's grimdark.

If there was a reasonable powers/melee system in SR4 I'd just play that and not use guns.

vxsHp3F.gif
    I die evry tiem in Sekiro on Twitch
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

He/Him
    Narwhal, you should make "Sometimes while someone is explaining something to me, I am thinking about rockets" your signature
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    EAST COAST
    @21stCentury apparently the skin tone thing in South Park isnt real they just thought they were being funny.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/9/16435592/south-park-race-difficulty

bloodyroarxx on
    Yeah man, I tell ya what, man, that dang ol' internet, man, you just go in on there and point and click, talk about w-w-dot-w-com, mean you got the naked chicks on there, man, just go click, click, click, click, click, it's real easy, man.
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit I'm a good person yes it's trueRegistered User regular
    EAST COAST
    Aioua wrote: »
    hJLL3yY.jpg

I bet he's not even going to properly burn that flag

fuck gendered marketing
    BeNarwhal
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD along with you if I get drunk well I know I'm gonna be gonna be the man whoRegistered User regular
    WEST COAST
    Mostly it made me want to play Prototype again. Or maybe I should just play Prototype 2. IIRC it's supposed to be a big improvement on the first one, and I loved the first one.

I love the Prototype games too but I prefer SR4's colorful aesthetic far more than Prototype's grimdark.

If there was a reasonable powers/melee system in SR4 I'd just play that and not use guns.

Once you power up Blast a little bit you can kill smaller enemies with just powers & melee

But larger enemies (especially wardens) require a combination of both.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • 21stCentury21stCentury A lovely pixel artist and gamecrafter [They/Them]Registered User regular
    WEST COAST
    @21stCentury apparently the skin tone thing in South Park isnt real they just thought they were being funny.

I know.

That's why i'm salty. I really did hope they'd succeed at making biting commentary and it just feels like a wet fart to me.

EAST COAST

I know.

That's why i'm salty. I really did hope they'd succeed at making biting commentary and it just feels like a wet fart to me.

Ohh ok, I didnt about that till now.

Yeah man, I tell ya what, man, that dang ol' internet, man, you just go in on there and point and click, talk about w-w-dot-w-com, mean you got the naked chicks on there, man, just go click, click, click, click, click, it's real easy, man.
  • visiblehowlvisiblehowl He/Him Neutron Nerd Registered User regular

Once you power up Blast a little bit you can kill smaller enemies with just powers & melee

But larger enemies (especially wardens) require a combination of both.

Sure, but there isn't, like, a melee combat system or anything.

That's kind of what I mean about the game, it feels like I should be a superpowered god that zooms in and smacks people around with powers and my fists, but there isn't a real melee system, and you still need to use guns sometimes. But anytime I use guns it feels...underpowered?

vxsHp3F.gif
    I die evry tiem in Sekiro on Twitch
  • 21stCentury21stCentury A lovely pixel artist and gamecrafter [They/Them]Registered User regular
    WEST COAST
    21stCentury apparently the skin tone thing in South Park isnt real they just thought they were being funny.

I know.

Ohh ok, I didnt about that till now.

Like, yeah, You know I wasn't holding my breath or anything, but I was hopeful.

AT LEAST it's not the worst case scenario. AFAIK it affects nothing, so the NPCs won't treat players like shit.

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I Wish someone would make a good super man game

I'm a published writer and have a very unique and interesting writing style. I'm also sharp and witty. My profile is well-written and hilarious. My messages are likewise brilliant. And I've been doing this stuff for...four or five years. I know what "works" in terms of good internet dating writing. "Works" in the sense of leading to a "date" with a human female.

twitch.tv/onthelastcastle
    21stCentury
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Back in a bit, lovers

He/Him
    Narwhal, you should make "Sometimes while someone is explaining something to me, I am thinking about rockets" your signature
    EAST COAST

I really dont think its possible.

WEST COAST

I heard a good concept once.

Basically, have the City be your healthbar and have it be a Real-Time with Pause or even fully Turn-based tactical game where you basically just plan every attack in a way that avoids collateral as much as possible.

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit I'm a good person yes it's trueRegistered User regular
    EAST COAST
    Kana wrote: »

credeiki

Amber Liu is great

I generally find "youtube comment response videos" to be pretty cringey even if they're funny, but this was magnificent.

Omg ambeeeeeeerr

fuck gendered marketing
    credeiki
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I gave my cats some pork deli meat

I like to think they're so happy because they couldn't kill a pig themselves

I'm a published writer and have a very unique and interesting writing style. I'm also sharp and witty. My profile is well-written and hilarious. My messages are likewise brilliant. And I've been doing this stuff for...four or five years. I know what "works" in terms of good internet dating writing. "Works" in the sense of leading to a "date" with a human female.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD along with you if I get drunk well I know I'm gonna be gonna be the man whoRegistered User regular
    WEST COAST
    Superman Returns had a neat idea: the player is invincible but the city of Metropolis has a life bar. The challenge comes from saving the city from a myriad of threats.

Too bad it was so poorly executed.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    OnTheLastCastlewanderingJacobkoshshryke
    Superman Returns had a neat idea: the player is invincible but the city of Metropolis has a life bar. The challenge comes from saving the city from a myriad of threats.

Too bad it was so poorly executed.

Flying was fun!

WEST COAST

Basically, have the City be your healthbar and have it be a Real-Time with Pause or even fully Turn-based tactical game where you basically just plan every attack in a way that avoids collateral as much as possible.

That was more or less Superman Returns.

Good idea. Bad execution.

shryke
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    "Ever have one of those dreams where you're like, totally in love with a girl and it's just amazing and you're so sad when you wake up knowing that she's gone forever and it can never be again."

Ahhhh ilu gym bros never change

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
    wanderingSurfpossumKana
    Freedom Force was such a great superhero game.

bloodyroarxxFeralshrykeJacobkosh
    "Ever have one of those dreams where you're like, totally in love with a girl and it's just amazing and you're so sad when you wake up knowing that she's gone forever and it can never be again."

Ahhhh ilu gym bros never change

How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real

• Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    WEST COAST
    Fucking gave the borg a name and turned him into a puppy

Stupid space nerds

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
    WEST COAST

That was more or less Superman Returns.

Good idea. Bad execution.

I didn't play it, but maybe it could be done well?

I just like the idea of Superman as this force that has to keep its power in check at all times while channeling it in useful ways.

Feral
  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    EAST COAST
    ever have a dream where you're happy and then you wake up and you're like oh

OnTheLastCastleVariable21stCenturyElldrenshrykejungleroomxKid Presentable
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    EAST COAST

Meh. The power to lift mountains and fly faster than a speeding bullet but you have to be a good guy. It would be like playing Saints Row 4 but you have to be extra careful you don't hurt civilians.

emnmnme on
    Sentinels has a hero called Legacy

In one timeline he snaps and his villain is one rough hombre.

Jacobkosh
  • OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    i disregarded my prior hesitation and i'm looking at full sized variety boxes on amazon. 18 bars for 11 bucks. that seems pretty good except what poor asshole would get left with the 3 musketeers. i don't hate kids that much

Organichu wrote: »
    i disregarded my prior hesitation and i'm looking at full sized variety boxes on amazon. 18 bars for 11 bucks. that seems pretty good except what poor asshole would get left with the 3 musketeers. i don't hate kids that much

I LIKE THOSE CANDY BARS YOU BUTT

Sleep
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Just learned that Chekhov is the original birthday.jpg writer, and no one properly credits him.
    I think that during our traditional New Year’s Eve parties people should fight, be miserable, cry, and attempt suicide. One must remember that each new year leads you closer to death, the bald spot on your head spreads, the wrinkles on your face grow deeper, your wife gets older, and with every new year you have more kids and less money.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    wandering wrote: »

The worst is desperately reminding yourself that things aren't bad even if sure they aren't literally a dream

It's almost like its why we use that word

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    WEST COAST
    wandering wrote: »

i have those from time to time, i dream that i find my soulmate.

and then i wake up. ' n'

wandering
    EAST COAST

Man what 3 Musketeers is legit.

• OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular

I LIKE THOSE CANDY BARS YOU BUTT

You should be smothered with a pillow

OnTheLastCastle
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Joke option Country Crock
    I am so tired

All of the time

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
    wanderingMortiousFeralSurfpossum
    WEST COAST
    Aaaa!

Steven Universe Video Game comes out on Halloween!!!!!

wandering
  • simonwolfsimonwolf so enough of this terror we deserve to know lightRegistered User regular
    3uq7DNE.jpg

cB557Kana
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    I am so tired

All of the time

Maybe you have apnea

Hakkekage wrote: »
    I am so tired

All of the time

Maybe you have apnea

Maybe you have apnea you buttface

OnTheLastCastleKid Presentable
    WEST COAST
    simonwolf wrote: »
    3uq7DNE.jpg

Can you imagine thinking that a certain OS is inferior due to classism so fervently that you shape your entire identity around that?

Or should I say buttfeet

This discussion has been closed.