As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Butter Battle [chat]

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    My internet is being suspiciously slow

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say it's the fools living in our living room doing something stupid

We are into week 7 of living room guests

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Shot man's last words: 'Of course it's loaded, you stupid slut'

Which she of course realised after she pulled the trigger, so he wasted his last words on being sarcastic.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    EAST COAST
    Variable wrote: »
    I mean her point is she doesn't care what men think not that she assumes all women are attracted to her right

correct

it's such a good look I cannot deal every time she is on the analyst desk

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    I mean her point is she doesn't care what men think not that she assumes all women are attracted to her right

correct

it's such a good look I cannot deal every time she is on the analyst desk

I don't watch whatever she casts but from times you've brought her up I've always liked her style at the least.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    One time a lesbian called me ugly so I feel empowered

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

That's not how it reads to me.

If she didn't care, why does she want to know what said straight men's girlfriends think?

The message seems crystal clear to me: ask your girlfriend, she'll tell you how hot I am.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    @Sir Landshark maybe in an hour or so.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Joke option Country Crock
    i don't think i'll ever be able to play rpg again

whatever it was i had a kid that could sit down and a do thing is just gone.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    EAST COAST
    shryke wrote: »

That's not how it reads to me.

If she didn't care, why does she want to know what said straight men's girlfriends think?

The message seems crystal clear to me: ask your girlfriend, she'll tell you how hot I am.

Even more than that - it reads like "lol your girlfriend will think I'm hot, and I kinda hope you're intimidated by that"

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    EAST COAST
    kedinik wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    is it inherently rude to talk about whether someone is attractive to you

because jake is attractive to me and i want to be able to say that

i am hideous

this false defamation against your own self . . .

im hideous!!

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    WEST COAST
    Despite some minor technological limitations (4:3 aspect ratio, mainly), Super Metroid and Super Mario World are still excellent games by any reasonable measure.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    i don't think i'll ever be able to play rpg again

whatever it was i had a kid that could sit down and a do thing is just gone.

I can't sit down and play certain kinds of RPGs anymore. Like, say, JRPGs. Or a lot of turn based ones really.

I'm at the point where if the gameplay isn't interesting enough, I'm not gonna slog through 50 hours of it to get to your mediocre story.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular

I took it as an understated twist on the, like, traditional bro-y joke where you imply that you're having sex with your friend's s/o — Why don't you ask your girlfriend (who is fucking me on the side) whether I'm hot

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    Feral wrote: »
    Despite some minor technological limitations (4:3 aspect ratio, mainly), Super Metroid and Super Mario World are still excellent games by any reasonable measure.

SMW is pretty close to a perfect game.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    kedinik wrote: »

I took it as an understated twist on the, like, traditional bro-y joke where you imply that you're having sex with your friend's s/o — Why don't you ask your girlfriend (who is fucking me on the side) whether I'm hot

Yeah that's what I got.

Like she's saying.

"Oh you were debating if I was attractive or not? I stole your girlfriends attention while you were criticizing me because of your limited boy eyes."

(not all boy eyes)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Okay going to try and write this up in a way that isn't me being the biggest asshole...

The gossip folks...

@OnTheLastCastle @cptrugged @credeiki @BeNarwhal @Ludious
    So I went on a first date tonight. One of 5 in the last few weeks. Fuck dating btw. But moving on...

She chose a place I really like and I figured at least I would have some good beer and popcorn. As they give free popcorn. (I never got popcorn btw, the beer was good)

So we met. The introductions and some general statements. Work talk. Then the conversation moved stuff about I guess a holiday for the 13th and 14th amendments. Which I would be cool with.

Then it begins...

So this was partially because I mentioned going to Manassas National Battlefield with my mom to hike. And she was like, well at least you can hike there. Then goes into a thing how we shouldn't have historical sites to battles. She then asks me what battles happened at Manassas and who won. I tell her and she then goes, maybe we shouldn't since the Confederacy won the first one. I am just kind of confused now but okay. I am from the West the Civil War isn't a huge thing but at least most folks have some basic understanding that a civil war is between folks of the same country and history has relevance and importance.

There was a bit about people worshiping the civil war and I don't disagree that we have issues in large swaths teaching it now but I think she kind of was missing th epoint in the idea we should remove all monuments to it. I tend to prefer places like Manassas to be stay as it is the national park service and does a good job presenting the history a rather not creepy way.

So then we move to Columbus day. I did Indigenous People's day or was, I got sick but my friend did instead. General opinion about how Columbus was a dick. Then get into Colonization. She gets into a nasty rant about the Japanese on this. I talk about the complex stuff behind it that doesn't excuse it but what makes the Japanese colonial experience interesting. And also inform her that the Dutch and Belgium had colonies and Belgium was way worse. Which they are like my gold standard. Oh Congo. Which most folks in DC know. Its an odd world of the super educated so I am feel like I am now in some morass and talking to someone with a very cursory knowledge of like anything.

I try to curtail this spiral and ask about what types of things she enjoys. She says movies. Which I am like,
    what was the best movie you have watched. At this point she literally looks and me and says after thing a bit, "You probably wouldn't know it I don't go to AMC or main stream theaters but only to Landmark."
    I actually think I saw the trailer for what she said but whatever.

This leads to her dismissing Rey in SW as, "Small steps" and then not knowing about Moonlight which confused me considering her statement on the type of movies she likes. I am really just wanting to finish my beer.

At the end we get into the joyous talk about sports, which is normally fine. But her discussion of sports is like talking to an forumer whose name starts with T about police. She brought it to race, thank you NFL,
    I talk about though it isn't perfect it does produce a platform that isn't always there. She goes into more rants. And she asks me, "You believe it is better for PoC now than it was 50 years ago?" And my response was, "Yes but there are many more miles and much that needs to be done." Her response to this was,
    "Well good thing you work in the government then!"

With that tabs were gotten. I had a good beer at least.

But my god it was the most frustrating person I have talked to. And not because I disagree where she is coming from but it was like talking to someone whose knowledge of complex topics was from a cursory glance at wikipedia or twitter or maybe a facebook headline. I hadn't run into that in years.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    WEST COAST

It's about rejecting toxic masculine norms by inverting the hierarchy, aka emasculating the men who were attempting to objectify her and making herself the man--the man who takes their woman, and, in turn, leaves them the feminine half of the disempowered dyad.

aka, Lil Kim's entire oeuvre

It's liberating/problematic

• Options
    Oh I took it as like "ask your girlfriend 'cause I could care less what men think of my attractiveness / style, but ladies will recognize a good looking lady"

Which is just a little swagger, which is pretty hot

So I ain't even need a girlfriend to solve this puzzle!

• Options
    I’ll ask froskurrin what she meant since we’re dating

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    What did I miss?

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Okay going to try and write this up in a way that isn't me being the biggest asshole...

The gossip folks...

So I went on a first date tonight. One of 5 in the last few weeks. Fuck dating btw. But moving on...

She chose a place I really like and I figured at least I would have some good beer and popcorn. As they give free popcorn. (I never got popcorn btw, the beer was good)

So we met. The introductions and some general statements. Work talk. Then the conversation moved stuff about I guess a holiday for the 13th and 14th amendments. Which I would be cool with.

Then it begins...

So this was partially because I mentioned going to Manassas National Battlefield with my mom to hike. And she was like, well at least you can hike there. Then goes into a thing how we shouldn't have historical sites to battles. She then asks me what battles happened at Manassas and who won. I tell her and she then goes, maybe we shouldn't since the Confederacy won the first one. I am just kind of confused now but okay. I am from the West the Civil War isn't a huge thing but at least most folks have some basic understanding that a civil war is between folks of the same country and history has relevance and importance.

There was a bit about people worshiping the civil war and I don't disagree that we have issues in large swaths teaching it now but I think she kind of was missing th epoint in the idea we should remove all monuments to it. I tend to prefer places like Manassas to be stay as it is the national park service and does a good job presenting the history a rather not creepy way.

So then we move to Columbus day. I did Indigenous People's day or was, I got sick but my friend did instead. General opinion about how Columbus was a dick. Then get into Colonization. She gets into a nasty rant about the Japanese on this. I talk about the complex stuff behind it that doesn't excuse it but what makes the Japanese colonial experience interesting. And also inform her that the Dutch and Belgium had colonies and Belgium was way worse. Which they are like my gold standard. Oh Congo. Which most folks in DC know. Its an odd world of the super educated so I am feel like I am now in some morass and talking to someone with a very cursory knowledge of like anything.

I try to curtail this spiral and ask about what types of things she enjoys. She says movies. Which I am like,
    what was the best movie you have watched. At this point she literally looks and me and says after thing a bit, "You probably wouldn't know it I don't go to AMC or main stream theaters but only to Landmark."

This leads to her dismissing Rey in SW as, "Small steps" and then not knowing about Moonlight which confused me considering her statement on the type of movies she likes. I am really just wanting to finish my beer.

At the end we get into the joyous talk about sports, which is normally fine. But her discussion of sports is like talking to an forumer whose name starts with T about police. She brought it to race, thank you NFL,
    I talk about though it isn't perfect it does produce a platform that isn't always there. She goes into more rants. And she asks me, "You believe it is better for PoC now than it was 50 years ago?" And my response was, "Yes but there are many more miles and much that needs to be done." Her response to this was,

But my god it was the most frustrating person I have talked to. And not because I disagree where she is coming from but it was like talking to someone whose knowledge of complex topics was from a cursory glance at wikipedia or twitter or maybe a facebook headline. I hadn't run into that in years.

the trick is to never date and resign yourself to being alone forever.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    WEST COAST
    What did I miss?

nothin'

sig.gif
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    EAST COAST
    something being in 4:3 doesn't really register as a negative to me

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    WEST COAST
    Froskurinn is the kind of girl that makes me wish I was a gay girl with nice hair

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    What did I miss?

I still have an hour before I get to go home, but I'm not sure I'm going to make it.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Kana wrote: »
    Froskurinn is the kind of girl that makes me wish I was a gay girl with nice hair

To be fair being a gay girl with nice hair sounds pretty nice.

But i'm saying that is a straight man with bad hair so it's all things I like.

edit: "straight'

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    Well I just got the "let's be friends bit" from someone I've been seeing for a couple of weeks.

Cheers Chat *Drink*

• Options
    EAST COAST
    oof @Mazzyx that sounds super tough

like she showed up ready to show you up about SJW stuff or something? I don't even know, but either she's naturally abrasive and poorly socialized or for some reason didn't quite have good intentions going into the date.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »

The gossip folks...

OnTheLastCastle cptrugged credeiki BeNarwhal Ludious

Then it begins...

Yeah that just sounds exhausting. It sounds like she expends a lot of energy being offended, which I'm sure is super helpful toward solving all the things she's offended by. >_>

• Options
    Kruite wrote: »
    Well I just got the "let's be friends bit" from someone I've been seeing for a couple of weeks.

Cheers Chat *Drink*

See: My advice to mazzy

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    EAST COAST
    speaking of gay girls with nice hair i was behind cameron esposito at a food line at LAX once

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    EAST COAST
    hm only my oldness and confusion about how to post images from instagram is keeping this page from being a bunch of pictures of froskurinn looking cute

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    EAST COAST
    speaking of gay girls with nice hair i was behind cameron esposito at a food line at LAX once

cool

• Options

it's weird that i knew her when i saw her wikipedia picture but haven't seen anything she's been in??

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    credeiki wrote: »
    hm only my oldness and confusion about how to post images from instagram is keeping this page from being a bunch of pictures of froskurinn looking cute

That full back piece

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    "Gay girls with nice hair" make up about a third of the women that I've dated, weirdly enough

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    EAST COAST
    hky1w3du18sz.jpg

This discussion has been closed.