As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twilight Imperium: 4th edition - Game #1: And they're off!

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    MrBlarney How about I throw in a commodity?
    Make it two commodities, or one commodity and five votes, and I'll deal.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    BGG is saying Trade Agreement can be fired off at the holder's discretion.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    I hand one commodity and my Cease Fire promissory note to the L1z1x (@MrBlarney) in exchange for his Cease Fire promissory note.

I take the Warfare action, and remove the Tactics token from the Lazar / Sakulag system, placing 1 command token into my Tactics pool.

5 votes will come to Mr Blarney at a later date.

@MrBlarney, @Preda, @Brody, @Hedgethorn, @Mojo_Jojo for the Warfare secondary (1 strat token: use the PRODUCTION ability of 1 space dock in your home system).

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Pass

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    I hand one commodity and my Cease Fire promissory note to the L1z1x (MrBlarney) in exchange for his Cease Fire promissory note.
    Transaction accepted.

PLAY on the Warfare secondary (SP 3 --> 2), exhausting [0.0.0] (5R), 1 Trade Good (TG 1 --> 0), +1R from Sarween Tools to build 1 Dreadnought (4R), 1 Cruiser (2R), and 2 Fighters (1R) at [0.0.0].

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Play on Secondary (-1 strat toke, leaving one)
    Exhaust Naar and Wellon (3R)
    To build one dreadnaught in Jol Nar (4R - 1R saween tools)

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Play secondary. Exaust Winnu, Zohbat and Teq'Ran to build 2 dreadnought.
    Brody wrote: »
    @Elvensahe @MrBody Letnev <-> Creuss Trading two commodities for two commodities.

@Preda I'll still trade you a TG for a commodity or two if you need the TG, but if you'd rather hold on to them, thats fine.

No urgent need for it. I'm still willing to excange trade agreements if you're interested.

Everyone, I've 2 commodities to excange (probably in assembly phase). Anyone interested?

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Preda wrote: »

Everyone, I've 2 commodities to excange (probably in assembly phase). Anyone interested?

I'm open to a 2 for 2 trade.

Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

Unless someone else give me a better offer, in Assebly phase we'll do 2 for 2 and I'll pay my extra for the refresh al togheter.

Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

Unless someone else give me a better offer, in Assebly phase we'll do 2 for 2 and I'll pay my extra for the refresh al togheter.

@Preda

I'll give you a 2-for-2 right now.

• HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Spend a strategy token and exhaust Quann and Resculon to build a carrier and 2 fighters over Nestphar.

• HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    That makes it @Preda 's turn, if I'm not mistaken.

@Preda we miss you :(

And I'm missing a refresh...
    But since I'm Playing Tecnology anyway, it can wait.
    Pick Sarween tools, no resources for extra.
    @Elvenshae @Mojo_Jojo @Hedgethorn @Brody @MrBlarney for secondary.

Which refresh?

edited October 2017
    Take the technology secondary (-1 strategy token. leaving none)
    Use my racial power to take the primary power
    Exhaust Abyz and Fria (5R) and spend 1 trade good for a second technology (leaving me 6 trade goods)
    Research E-Res Siphons (one of my racials) and Infantry II

Mojo_Jojo on
    @MrBlarney if you want to turn in my promissory note to gain Infantry II

@Mojo_Jojo it's hard to check on my phone, but I thought tech secondary was 4 resources.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

Spend my last strategy token to exhaust Arc Prime and research PDS II

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    @Mojo_Jojo it's hard to check on my phone, but I thought tech secondary was 4 resources.

It is, but his faction can take the primary action of the Tech card instead of the secondary.

edited October 2017
    Mojo_Jojo it's hard to check on my phone, but I thought tech secondary was 4 resources.

It is, but I can take the primary so it's a free one plus six for two. Good point though, I'll edit to make it explicit

Mojo_Jojo on
    @Preda

I'm willing to swap you 2-for-2 commodities right now, on your turn, so that you have them available to use before the Agenda phase.

I will take the Technology secondary.

Spend 1 strategy token (1->0) and exhaust Lazar (1) and Sakulag (3) to pay for it.

Grab Carrier II.

@Preda

I'm willing to swap you 2-for-2 commodities right now, on your turn, so that you have them available to use before the Agenda phase.

Agreed

edited October 2017
    @Preda

Agreed

Edit: Oops.

Elvenshae on
    @Preda

... sorry, I'm dumb, and just noticed that we aren't actually neighbors at the moment. Sorry.

Spend a strategy token for Technology secondary.
    Exhaust Nestphar and spend 1 trade good.
    Acquire Sarween Tools.

PLAY on the Technology secondary (SP 2 --> 1), exhausting Lirta IV (2R) and Saudor (2R) to gain Gravity Drive.

Play Jol-Nar's "Research Agreement" promissory note to gain Infantry II.

Seems better to play the promissory note now rather than later.

Action is on @Brody, or @MrBody for status update?

4463rwiq7r47.png
    I could use a status update.

edited October 2017
    Activity log

Winnu Activate Lodor/@. Move in Carrier, both Fighter and the Teq'Ran GF from Teq'Ran/Torkan. Settle Lodor with the GF.
    Letnev Play the action card Industrial Initiative. +1 TG
    Aborec play Politics (all cards dealt). Arborec is speaker
    L1z1x Activate the Tar'mann system. Move in 2 Cruisers, 1 Destroyer, and 2 Infantry from the L1z1x Home System.Land 2 Infantry on Tar'mann.
    Jol-nar Play trade strategy card) +3 trade goods Commodities restored
    Aborec 1 TG to Jol-nar for free commodity refresh
    Winnu free commodity refresh
    Letnev free commodity refresh
    Creuss pay 1 SP to refresh commodities
    Creuss one commodity and Cease Fire promissory note to the L1z1x in exchange for their Cease Fire promissory note.
    Creuss + Letnev swap 2 commodities
    Creuss plays Warfare remove the Tactics token from the Lazar / Sakulag system, placing 1 command token into Tactics pool
    L1z1x play on the Warfare secondary (SP 3 --> 2), exhausting [0.0.0] (5R), 1 Trade Good (TG 1 --> 0), +1R from Sarween Tools to build 1 Dreadnought (4R), 1 Cruiser (2R), and 2 Fighters (1R) at [0.0.0].
    Jol-nar Play on Secondary (-1 strat toke) Exhaust Naar and Wellon (3R) To build one dreadnaught in Jol Nar (4R - 1R saween tools)
    Winnu Play secondary. Exaust Winnu, Zohbat and Teq'Ran to build 2 dreadnought.
    Arborec play secondary, spend a strategy token and exhaust Quann and Resculon to build a carrier and 2 fighters over Nestphar.
    Winnu play Technology, Sarween tools
    Jol-nar Take the technology secondary (-1 strategy), take the primary power. Exhaust Abyz and Fria (5R) and spend 1 trade good for a second technology Research E-Res Siphons and Infantry II
    Letnev play Tech secondary. Spend strategy token to exhaust Arc Prime and research PDS II
    Creuss take Technology secondary. Spend 1 strategy token (1->0) and exhaust Lazar (1) and Sakulag (3). Carrier II.
    Arborec Technology secondary. Spend a strategy token. Exhaust Nestphar and spend 1 trade good. Sarween Tools.
    L1z1x PLAY on the Technology secondary (SP 2 --> 1), exhaust Lirta IV and Saudor to gain Gravity Drive. Play Jol-Nar's "Research Agreement" promissory note to gain Infantry II.

MrBody on
    Play Focused Research: Action- Spend 4 trade goods to research 1 technology, Exhausting New Albion for a Green research thingy and picking up Cruiser II

edited October 2017
    Round 3 - Action Phase

Map
    cisVMplm.png
    full map

(unit visual reference)
    (max component restrictions per player: 8 destroyers, 8 cruisers, 4 carriers, 5 dreadnoughts, 2 war suns, 5 PDS, 3 space docks)

Objectives
    I - Lead from the Front - Spend a total of 3 tokens from your strategy and/or tactics pool. 1 VP Jol-Nar
    I - Diversify Research - Own 2 technologies in each of 2 colors. 1 VP
    I- Develop Weaponry - Own 2 unit upgrade technologies. 1 VP
    I- Negotiate Trade Routes - Spend 5 trade goods. 1 VP
    I- ???
    II- ???
    II- ???
    II- ???
    II- ???
    II - ???

Victory Track
    MrBlarney - 0
    Elvenshae - 2
    Mojo - 1
    Hedgethorn - 1
    Brody - 1
    Preda - 1
    Technologies
    Ciz5AvY.png

Promissory notes (any player may give these to another. "Black player" is just the example; insert your own color)
    Race specific promissory notes (only the stated race may give these)

Player mats

MrBlarney
    5 action cards
    1 secret objective
    Creuss promissory: Cease Fire- After the Creuss player activates a system containing your units: The Creuss player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Creuss player
    n3jSraW.png

Elvenshae
    +5 TG
    4 action cards
    1 secret objective
    Letnev promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Letnev's units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Letnev player.
    L1z1x promissory: Cease Fire- After the L1z1x player activates a system containing your units: The L1z1x player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the L1z1x player
    HLdJZea.png

Mojo
    5 action cards
    1 secret objective
    L1z1x promissory note: Cybernetic Enhancements- Play at the start of your turn, Remove 1 token from the L1z1x player's strategy pool and return it to his reinforcements. Then, place 1 command token from your reinforcements in your strategy pool. Then return this card to the L1z1x player.
    Arborec promissory: Cease Fire- After the Arborec player activates a system containing your units: The Arborec player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Arborec player
    NLRAsdm.png

Hedgethorn **Speaker**
    -3 commodities
    7 action cards
    2 secret objectives
    Winnu promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Winnu's units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Winnu player.
    QONYBhd.png

Brody
    6 action cards
    1 secret objective
    Cruess promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Cruess' units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Cruess player.
    Winnu promissory: Cease Fire- After the Winnu player activates a system containing your units: The Winnu player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Winnu player
    pkJSl6S.png

Preda
    7 action cards
    2 secret objectives
    Letnev promissory: Cease Fire- After the Letnev player activates a system containing your units: The Letnev player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Letnev player
    Arborec promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Arborec's units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Arborec player.
    WyoUz63.png

Brody - Leadership 1
    Hedgethorn - Politics 3 **Speaker**
    MrBlarney - Construction 4
    Mojo - Trade 5
    Elvenshae - Warfare 6
    Preda - Technology 7

@Hedgethorn

MrBody on
    @MrBody

I should not have the Lizix or the Arborec Trade Agreement promissory notes any more, since I cashed them in. So I should have 7 trade goods to my name (3 from Arborec, with no commodities remaining; 2 from Lizix, with no commodities remaining; and 2 from Letnev). I should have 1 commodity left.

Give my three commodities to @Elvenshae and retrieve my Trade Agreement promissory note. (This should have been done during the trade phase, but @MrBody seems to have missed it in his update.)

Activate the alpha wormhole sector (the one without a planet between Jol-Nar and Creuss's territory.
    Play Lost Star Chart: Play when you activate a system. During this activation, systems with alpha or beta wormholes are adjacent to each other.
    Move the Destroyer and Cruiser from Corneeo/Resculon through the adjacent Beta wormhole to the Alpha wormhole.

@Elvenshae, @Mojo_Jojo I come in peace. I just want to hang out and map this sector of space for a little while.

@MrBlarney, your turn.

@Mojo_Jojo

Would you like to fire on the plantoid ships which have suddenly warped from behind the leafy lines to a position which threatens our shared border? You have two guns which can reach the area.

The peaceful ivy growing across your border would be happy to offer promissory notes if that would prevent any premature applications of fungicide.

@MrBody
    Cheers for the update - MrBlarney no longer has my racial promissory note though. Otherwise I think I'm good.

@Hedgethorn Firing deep space cannons is the greatest joy that there is in this cruel world, I suppose we could hold off testing that new fancy weapon system for your trade promissory note

Activate the Bereg-Lirta IV system. (TP 2 --> 1)
    Move in 1 Carrier and 2 Fighters from Dal Bootha-Xxehan.
    Exhaust Bereg (3R) +1R from Sarween Tools to build 1 Cruiser (2R), 2 Fighters (1R), and 2 Infantry (1R) at Bereg.

Action is on @Mojo_Jojo.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Pass

@Elvenshae your action. Unless you need to hang on to see if Hedgethorn rejects my offer not to shoot and so maybe has different units in the wormhole