As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Star Wars]: The Last Jedi - A completely uncontroversial film. TAG SPOILERS

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    So uh, whats a Porg?
    They are adding gerbil chestbursters?

Well, it’s not quite a pug, it’s not quite the borg, but man… So to answer your question, I don’t know.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    What do you think Luke's been eating on that island for the past ump teen years?
    Fresh cut porg chops, slow roasted over an open fire.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    What do you think Luke's been eating on that island for the past ump teen years?
    Fresh cut porg chops, slow roasted over an open fire.

Licking mossy growths

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    It has to be pretty easy to fish as a Jedi. Feel the fish with the Force, then use the Force to just pull them out of the water.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »
    It has to be pretty easy to fish as a Jedi. Feel the fish with the Force, then use the Force to just pull them out of the water.

Just convince the fish to swim right into your net with Jedi mind control.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »

Just convince the fish to swim right into your net with Jedi mind control.

Why bother with a net, convince they to leap into your campfire directly

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Don't want cooked fish guts.

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Finally

I mean it's exactly what I imagined the title would be, but at least we know

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    I was outside hoping for the pulp titles of the Daley books.
    SOLO at Stars End
    SOLO and the lost legacy

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Everyone will continue to call it "the Han Solo movie"

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Everyone will continue to call it "the Han Solo mistake"

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    I like how they're using a more retro style for the logo

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    The Amy Hennig & Visceral Star Wars game has, for all intents and purposes, been canceled
    “Our Visceral studio has been developing an action-adventure title set in the Star Wars universe,” EA’s Patrick Söderlund said in a blog post. “In its current form, it was shaping up to be a story-based, linear adventure game. Throughout the development process, we have been testing the game concept with players, listening to the feedback about what and how they want to play, and closely tracking fundamental shifts in the marketplace. It has become clear that to deliver an experience that players will want to come back to and enjoy for a long time to come, we needed to pivot the design.”

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Solo: A Henroid's Love Life Story

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I wanted to play a really good single-player Star Wars game but I guess I'll settle for not playing a micro-transaction-laden multiplayer-only game that costs $60 to begin.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
  • Options
    WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    that sucks

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I've pretty much given up on ever getting the kind of star wars game I want

seems like there's just too much money in the kind I don't enjoy

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Really hate that Disney's business operation of "outsource the one thing to the one publisher only" keeps us in EA's shitty grasp.

• Options
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
  • Options
    Yo
    Make more x wing games

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    "an experience that players will want to come back to for a long time to come" reads Destiny to me, or at least the elimination of the traditional single player game.

Which is dumb, because they already have Bioware on Anthem.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

I think the more telling line is not what he highlighted but the bit about a game that players will want to come back to and enjoy for a long time to come

This implies to me either multiplayer or a Destiny style eternal loot grind, or both

• Options
    Maximum wrote: »
    "an experience that players will want to come back to for a long time to come" reads Destiny to me, or at least the elimination of the traditional single player game.

Which is dumb, because they already have Bioware on Anthem.

there are lots of things that encourage ongoing play habits, not just MMO shooters

• Options
    Maybe building a business plan on triple a games was a mistake.

• Options
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Maybe building a business plan on triple a games was a mistake.
    Final Fantasy 7 ruined video games.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Pretty sure I'll never get the Star Wars game I want. The only ones that came close were Dark Forces 2 and Jedi Outcast.

• Options
    everyone ever wants a new Jedi Knight game and it's insane that nobody is doing exactly that

• Options
    I want a stealth action remake of Dark Forces, without any Jedi shit.

I also want Rebellion modernized.

Also KotOR 3.

And bring back TIE Fighter.

• Options
    there are at least six pitches for low-risk excellent star wars games that nobody is doing

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    we have already had 2 starwars mmos

• Options
    Let's make eve. But with joystick combat.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    If they took all of the FPS stuff out of Battlefront, and released a game with only the space combat I'd be all over it.

Maximum on
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    Pretty sure I'll never get the Star Wars game I want. The only ones that came close were Dark Forces 2 and Jedi Outcast.

I already had the Star Wars game I wanted, but they shut it down in 2012 to make way for SWTOR.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    i feel like a lot of people my age were the ones who wanted a new battlefront and are kind of like "NO, NOT LIKE THIS" now

i keep running into that among friends at least

sorry, everyone. we fucked it up.

• Options
    Let's make homeworld
    But with star destroyers

• Options
    battlefront was...pretty disappointing

I picked it up because I had a sudden windfall and it looked pretty and sounded great

then it turned out that it's just a star wars-themed respawning engine

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Either play as a Jedi in training, build your lightsaber, uncover mysteries, and save the galaxy.

Or play as a smuggler/scoundrel, fly/upgrade your own ship, run jobs, get into trouble, and save the galaxy while still serving your own purposes.

Neither will happen.

This discussion has been closed.