As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Fulfill Your [Destiny 2]

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I started playing this.

I just hit a quest where it said suggested power of 60, but I'm sitting at 130?

Am I faffing around a bit too much?

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    you can faff about as much as you like, you have to be severely underpowered before any of the story missions become challenging

• DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    I like the cloak!

Here's my hot boi:
    bkwbmcu9t022.jpg

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    100-21
    This might be my new worst IB loss

• The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    The more I play it the less I like control, tbh

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

Destiny 2: Encouraging You To Grind Something Until It's Bad

liEt3nH.png
    I mean I still think Supremacy is good, and Clash, but Control is just a weird and worse Clash it turns out

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Huh. Don't think I've seen someone who likes supremacy but not control before.

• DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    I think supremacy works better with 4v4 than control does

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular

I don't mind the mode, but people capturing a and c are annoying

cB557 wrote: »
    Huh. Don't think I've seen someone who likes supremacy but not control before.

I'm a girl with many good opinions

• Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    meanwhile i am aaalllll about control i've had a lot of fun this iron banner, AND i got this fuzzy cloak out of it!

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Haven't gotten the IB chest and helmet but I kinda don't care now
    IB is (soon to be) done, I don't really like any Crucible gear that I don't already have, sooooo I think I'm done with PVP milestones!
    aaaaaand probably mostly done with the game until the expansion

Grey Ghost on
  • AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Haven't gotten the IB chest and helmet but I kinda don't care now
    IB is (soon to be) done, I don't really like any Crucible gear that I don't already have, sooooo I think I'm done with PVP milestones!
    aaaaaand probably mostly done with the game until the expansion

Will probably hop on and off occasionally but that's probably true for me too.

Nothing. Matters.
    Won't be doing the prestige raid?

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    well grey ghost has never once said he wants to raid

liEt3nH.png
  • Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    Hey frienders thanks for getting me a shiny emgram from the raid

• PeenPeen Registered User regular

I don't mind the mode, but people capturing a and c are annoying

Sometimes that's the right thing to do!

I played several hours worth of Iron Banner

One helmet
    Four handcannons.
    One side arm
    Three grenade launchers
    Vanguard arms and legs (new)
    Road complex helmet and torso(already had)
    Vanguard shaders

Cool, cool

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    So, I just managed to punch a guardian out while they were in Fists of Havok mode.

Then we won the match!

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • useruser Registered User regular
    I played several hours worth of Iron Banner

One helmet
    Four handcannons.
    One side arm
    Three grenade launchers
    Vanguard arms and legs (new)
    Road complex helmet and torso(already had)
    Vanguard shaders

Cool, cool

Dang I also got a lot of repeats, but today Saladin was giving out 300's so at least I put them to good use in padding out my weapon collection.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Do you guys know what day it is? Its 7 days until this shit comes out for me to play. God its been such a long wait.

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I'm not saying I'm good at the shooty part of this game, because I'm definitely not good at any controller based shooter.

But the deadliest part of this game for me is the platforming.
    There was one mission where you have to drop down a hole and land in a door. I think I died there seven or eight times?

• WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    So if anyone wants to raid this week, my partner and I (290 Warlock, 285 Titan) are around after 6 EST all week until Saturday/Sunday.

I've done the part with the doggos and the bathing ritual, I've been raid leader but I don't mind at all for someone else to take that over, it stresses me out.

I actively encourage people who aren't confident in their raiding ability to roll with us, we're very casual players! I don't plan on taking down the whole raid in one go, but we might be able to clear a room or something tonight.

edit: Oh, we're WheatBun01 and SpikedNutmeg on PSN, I made a thing on the thing https://www.the100.io/groups/4778

WheatBun01 on
    Sentinel super hit registration is still super shaky, feels bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boQnKXgabTE

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    WheatBun01 wrote: »
    So if anyone wants to raid this week, my partner and I (290 Warlock, 285 Titan) are around after 6 EST all week until Saturday/Sunday.

I've done the part with the doggos and the bathing ritual, I've been raid leader but I don't mind at all for someone else to take that over, it stresses me out.

I actively encourage people who aren't confident in their raiding ability to roll with us, we're very casual players! I don't plan on taking down the whole raid in one go, but we might be able to clear a room or something tonight.

edit: Oh, we're WheatBun01 and SpikedNutmeg on PSN, I made a thing on the thing https://www.the100.io/groups/4778

I would be entirely interested in this endevour, though fair warning, starting Thursday evening I'll have to dash around 10pm est (if it goes that long)

I'm still new to the raid though

(290-ish Titan)

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png

I would be entirely interested in this endevour, though fair warning, starting Thursday evening I'll have to dash around 10pm est (if it goes that long)

totally cool by me, I've never finished it.

Also the worst thing I'll say is "shit", but if anyone wants to run it who is adverse/can't have cursing, I can probably accommodate that.

totally cool by me, I've never finished it.

Also the worst thing I'll say is "shit", but if anyone wants to run it who is adverse/can't have cursing, I can probably accommodate that.

Haha, cursing is fine with me, but if need be I can substitute swear.

jnij103vqi2i.png
    Hello,

I would like to raid

Hello,

I would like to raid

raid with us!

The 100 site is pretty easy to sign up for if you guys want to opt in on that!

• Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    I kind of wish they'd put out like a "story mode" of the raids. Crappy rewards, or even no rewards if people throw a fit, but difficulty tuned town to like standard strike or story mission levels. Then people like me who want to see the full story and enjoy the art in new environments wouldn't have to put up with the Raid gameplay.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
    edited October 2017
    I kind of wish they'd put out like a "story mode" of the raids. Crappy rewards, or even no rewards if people throw a fit, but difficulty tuned town to like standard strike or story mission levels. Then people like me who want to see the full story and enjoy the art in new environments wouldn't have to put up with the Raid gameplay.

I was talking about this with my partner last night, when we were trying to figure out how we'd ever actually get through the damn thing.

Everyone in our group is competent, but we also all have full time jobs, families, kids, etc and getting a bunch of people together for 12-20 hours of video games over the course of a single week is more or less impossible.

I want to see the raid and I actually the the mechanics are fun, but way too punishing. If they were more lenient on timers and took out the stupid revive token system I think that's all it'd take to make the raid doable for average people. Call it Story Mode and make it so that the rewards are worse so the people who already did the normal mode don't feel like they wasted their time or something.

Or give people who already beat it on Normal a super special exotic, I don't know.

WheatBun01 on
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    Once you have done it a time or two it's not bad time wise

I'm struggling to get enough people together to do it once, is the thing.

There is a raid specific exotic, you just have to do a dumb strike after the raid to get it.

And then do the raid a bunch more to upgrade it.

But it's worth it! I think!

Oh man it's super worth it.

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    There is a raid specific exotic, you just have to do a dumb strike after the raid to get it.

And then do the raid a bunch more to upgrade it.

But it's worth it! I think!

Yeah..I hopped on last night thinking I would do this quest, shot one mob a few times and realized it would be impossible.

• Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    Once you have done it a time or two it's not bad time wise

Time isn't the problem. The feeling of having to check items flawlessly off of a script and having no meaningful agency in how I approach things is the problem. Once the gameplay is at a point where it's about executing predetermined choreography, I get about as much enjoyment out of experiencing it as I would watching a bot handle it for me.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
    Hello,

I would like to raid

raid with us!

The 100 site is pretty easy to sign up for if you guys want to opt in on that!

@WheatBun01 I joined

looks like we're gonna have room for two more if anyone else wants to spend a couple of hours in the raid tonight

This discussion has been closed.