As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Twilight Imperium 4e - Game 2 - Round 7: Game Over!

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    1/3/1 with allocation.

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    One each to strategy and tactics

• Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    T/F/S 0/3/0->1/3/1

• Options
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    1/4/1

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    1/4/1 -> 2/4/2 T/F/S

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    +1 tactics +1 strategy for 1/3/1

• Options
    I'm reading anti-mass deflectors correctly that they now allow you to occupy asteroid field instead of just move through them?

• Options
    MrBody wrote: »
    I'm reading anti-mass deflectors correctly that they now allow you to occupy asteroid field instead of just move through them?

Yes.
    Compare with Muaat's racial (can move through Supernova) and my Magnus Reactor tech (can move into Supernova)

• Options
    @MrBlarney for Agenda phase I think

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Yep. Post will be up late tonight.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Round 3: Start of Agenda Phase

Score Objectives
    The Naalu Collective: Claim public objective "Diversify Research". (VP 3 --> 4)
    The Winnu:
    The Emirates of Hacan: Exhaust Kamdorn (1I), Centauri (3I), Gral (3I), and 1 Trade Good (TG 2 --> 1) to claim public objective "Sway the Council". (VP 0 --> 1)
    Sardakk N'orr: Exhaust 2 counters from Tactic pool and 1 counter from Strategy pool to claim public objective "Lead from the Front". (VP 2 --> 3)
    Reveal Public Objective
    Intimidate Council (1 VP): Have one or more ships in 2 systems that are adjacent to Mecatol Rex's system.
    5 Stage II Objectives have not yet been revealed.
    Gain Action Cards and Command Tokens; Redistribute Command Areas
    The Naalu Collective: AC 2 --> 4; TP 0 --> 1, SP 0 --> 1
    The Winnu: AC 3 --> 4; TP 0 --> 1, SP 0 --> 1
    The Emirates of Hacan: AC 4 --> 6; TP 0 --> 1, SP 0 --> 1
    The Embers of Muaat: AC 3 --> 4; TP 1 --> 2, SP 1 --> 2
    The L1z1x Mindnet: AC 5 --> 7; TP 0 --> 1, SP 0 --> 1
    Sardakk N'orr: AC 3 --> 4; TP 0 --> 1, SP 0 --> 1

The first agenda is revealed from the deck:
    Holy Planet of Ixth (Law)
    Elect Cultural Planet: Attach this card to the elected planet's card. The planet's owner gains 1 victory point. Units on this planet cannot use Production. When a player gains control of this planet, he gains 1 victory point. When a player loses control of this planet, he loses 1 victory point.

Voting Order
    The Naalu Collective: Up to 8 votes
    Sardakk N'orr: Up to 9 votes
    The Embers of Muaat: Up to 11 votes
    The L1z1x Mindnet: Up to 4 votes
    The Winnu: Up to 18 votes; must be in even increments
    The Emirates of Hacan: Up to 14 votes; Speaker

I'll allocate about 24 hours for discussion, deals, transactions, and Action Card declarations. For simplicity when voting, you can just list a number of votes to apply to the vote without listing planets. Vote count restrictions have been listed after the semicolon, if any.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Haha.
    We should nominate MR

Oh wait.
    Cultural planet.

discrider on
  • Options
    We don't know where to put this.
    We don't want it.
    We are still hoping for the reciprocal Ceasefire with @Ketar and nominating our own border planets seems ...misguided at best.

Prefer to give it to ketar or phyphor but they don't appear to have cultural planets.

Maybe Lodor? It's on a wormhole.

Also we pay @Lykouragh the 2TG due from votes last round.
    Fresh carrier carrion

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    I would like the vote to go to Rarron. I'm behind in VP, so it'll keep things reasonably balanced.

Also, I won't need much to make it happen.

Say, @Phyphor, what is the price of Winnu votes? You have a lot but no eligible planets yourself (assuming you'd even want this.)

• Options
    @discrider We would require 2 commodities to exchange ceasefires.

@Lykouragh If you could please send over that TG you saved for us, we would be most thankful.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Centauri?

I'm not keen on Lodor, but feel free to put it on Mellon! :biggrin:

It's pretty much going to go where Winnu & Hacan decide anyway.

MrBody on
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    jakobagger wrote: »
    I would like the vote to go to Rarron. I'm behind in VP, so it'll keep things reasonably balanced.

Say, Phyphor, what is the price of Winnu votes? You have a lot but no eligible planets yourself (assuming you'd even want this.)

@jakobagger
    We offer a selection of options for the up and coming trade empire on the go:
    7TG - absolute control of our votes across both agendas (we reserve the right to play action cards that don't interfere with our or your ability to vote), which gives you control of both votes
    or
    3TG - a promise of sufficient votes to at least tie the vote or all of our votes, whichever is smaller. Increases to 4TG if we have to spend over half of our votes, 5TG if we end up spending more than 14 votes

Payment in advance with your trade agreement, we will refund you the difference next vote

Phyphor on
  • Options
    Hmm.
    Would you be willing to do your proposed deal @Ketar , but also flip the other two of my commodities for me? So I would give you 4 commodities and then you immediately give me 2 TG in return?

• Options
    That is acceptable.

• Options
    We are glad we could see a way to ending this face-off.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Also that's another TG to @Lykouragh for the free refresh.
    So I will be on 1 TG (-1), @Lykouragh +3 TG and @ketar +2, along with the exchange of ceasefires

discrider on
  • Options
    Ok, net result for Mr.Blarney is that Muaat and L1z1x exchange Ceasefire promissory notes. Each gain 2 TG. And Muaat now has zero commodities.

• Options
    Phyphor wrote: »

Say, Phyphor, what is the price of Winnu votes? You have a lot but no eligible planets yourself (assuming you'd even want this.)

@jakobagger
    7TG - absolute control of our votes across both agendas (we reserve the right to play action cards that don't interfere with our or your ability to vote), which gives you control of both votes
    or
    3TG - a promise of sufficient votes to at least tie the vote or all of our votes, whichever is smaller. Increases to 4TG if we have to spend over half of our votes, 5TG if we end up spending more than 14 votes

Payment in advance with your trade agreement, we will refund you the difference next vote

I'm good with option two I think, except I'd prefer to be refunded a potential difference as soon as it's refreshed in Trade.

• Options

@jakobagger
    or

I'm good with option two I think, except I'd prefer to be refunded a potential difference as soon as it's refreshed in Trade.

(I think he's suggesting that he'll pay you the difference after Agenda 2 is revealed and negotiated)

• Options
    I don't think you can do that. The transaction happens simultaneously for both sides. L1z11x wouldn't flip the commodities to trade goods until after the transaction is complete.

• Options
    Ok, then we give the Muaat the 2 TG during our first turn of the next round. All else works.

• Options
    Yep. The net transaction between L1z1x and Muaat will need to be performed over two transactions since L1z1x does not start with any commodities or trade goods. Fortunately, there are two agendas to resolve.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    discrider wrote: »

@jakobagger
    or

(I think he's suggesting that he'll pay you the difference after Agenda 2 is revealed and negotiated)

This was our intention, yes, but we are flexible about the timing

• Options
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Yep. The net transaction between L1z1x and Muaat will need to be performed over two transactions since L1z1x does not start with any commodities or trade goods. Fortunately, there are two agendas to resolve.

Yes, we'll give the 2 TG to Muaat as soon as the first vote is resolved and the second agenda has been revealed.

• Options
    discrider wrote: »

@jakobagger
    or

This was our intention, yes, but we are flexible about the timing

Works for me.

• Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    Pay the robots their 1 commodity. I have no opinion on this agenda and will happily abstain unless someone wants to buy my votes.

• Options
    Nobody can beat Hacan on this agenda with their agreement for Winnu's votes unless action cards are played that affect things. If the other 4 players combined all their votes together it would only tie them in total votes, which the Hacan would then break as speaker.

The next agenda will require either all 4 other players agreeing to vote for one player/planet/law/whatever to prevent Hacan from winning that one too, unless some action cards get played. I suppose we should be trying to make deals for each other's Political Secret promissory notes.

Thank you, Naalu. Consider the bounty entirely erased. All praise faithful Naalu.

• Options
    To actually ensure this one goes my way I'll have to spend a bunch of my votes though, and I have only bought the Winnu's support for the first agenda. Second agenda anything could happen, really. Especially since I stupidly pitched one to the bottom so I have no idea what's coming up.

• Options
    Ketar wrote: »
    Nobody can beat Hacan on this agenda with their agreement for Winnu's votes unless action cards are played that affect things. If the other 4 players combined all their votes together it would only tie them in total votes, which the Hacan would then break as speaker.

The next agenda will require either all 4 other players agreeing to vote for one player/planet/law/whatever to prevent Hacan from winning that one too, unless some action cards get played. I suppose we should be trying to make deals for each other's Political Secret promissory notes.

Thank you, Naalu. Consider the bounty entirely erased. All praise faithful Naalu.

Hacan have bought my support for one vote, but that doesn't make them unbeatable next vote unless you force me to burn all my votes

Also @jakobagger if you could send your TA over we can finalize the arrangement

• Options
    Give my Trade Agreement to the Winnu

• Options
    Although if we abstain, they also don't have to spend votes on this one and guarantee they get what they want the next vote too.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Although if we abstain, they also don't have to spend votes on this one and guarantee they get what they want the next vote too.

Since Hacan and Winnu only made a deal for one vote instead of two, this isn't true - guaranteeing they get what they want next vote too, that is.

Ketar on
  • Options

If you vote enough this round Hacan has sole control next vote, that's the only real difference

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Seems like a fair enough open time. Players can start voting when you're ready. A reminder:

Holy Planet of Ixth (Law)
    Elect Cultural Planet: Attach this card to the elected planet's card. The planet's owner gains 1 victory point. Units on this planet cannot use Production. When a player gains control of this planet, he gains 1 victory point. When a player loses control of this planet, he loses 1 victory point.

The Naalu Collective: Up to 8 votes
    Sardakk N'orr: Up to 9 votes
    The Embers of Muaat: Up to 11 votes
    The L1z1x Mindnet: Up to 4 votes
    The Winnu: Up to 18 votes; must be in even increments
    The Emirates of Hacan: Up to 14 votes; Speaker

Also, here's the deals I saw for this first agenda:
    Muaat 2 TG --> Naalu
    Muaat 4 C, Ceasefire <--> L1z1x Ceasefire
    Naalu 1 C --> L1z1x
    Hacan Trade Agreement --> Winnu

@Lykouragh is up first.