As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Acquisition's Inc and advice for a two-dayer

moosemiestermoosemiester Registered User new member
Hey Boston!

We're planning on traveling from Seattle next year for our first Pax East having enjoyed Pax West for the last 4 years or so now. We wanna go for just a couple of days and want to make sure we see the Acq Inc. live show while we're there. I know the day for the Acq Inc. show isn't set in stone yet but any best guesses for what day it might be?

I'm thinking Sat/Sun will be the best tickets to buy to ensure we get a chance at seeing the show.

Any general advice for seeing the show for just a couple of days? How much of a discount are the hotels through the website? Should I just book a hotel now?

Thanks!

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    I'd lean more towards Fri/Sat than Sat/Sun. Typically Acq Inc has avoided the first and last days of the convention. If you're lucky perhaps WotC/Chris Perkins will announce which day it will be on before badge sales happen. I want to say that's happened before, but am not 100% positive.

I'd peruse this thread regarding hotel info. I won't be of much help since I haven't done East since '15 and since then the hotel offerings around the convention center have increased substantially.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • moosemiestermoosemiester Registered User new member
    Thanks for the help!

• klzklz Registered User regular
    Err... whypick1 is wrong, Acq Inc. has been on Sunday afternoon (1pm, I believe). It's the last thing my group has done before heading back home. I don't recall it being any other day at EAst.

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    1. I said "typically"
    2. I was looking at West since it's 4 days like East will be now.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • PavioPavio Registered User regular
    Acq. Inc. has been Sunday afternoon for the last 2 years. Those are the two years I went to East and I had to book it to the airport at the end of Acq. Inc. each year which is why I remember :)

I love that at West it's at night after the main stuff closes. During the show makes it harder to choose (I will choose Acq. Inc. but be sad about it).

v6h3hfs2v597.png
  • nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    It would not surprise me at all to see them move it to sat night with east being a 4 day show now. If memory serves at west it generally has been on a night instead of concerts because they only have two concert nights. I imagine east will function the same way.

However it's worth noting east is Thursday-Sunday and not Friday-Monday so not sure if that will have an impact.