As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Hey Kid, I'm a Computer

GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles PaesanoRegistered User regular
edited October 2017 in Games and Technology
What makes a Guardian… a Guardian? We take our first breath with no memory of who we were before – yet we are inexorably drawn to the Light. We fight, we die… and we live again. We know that we were chosen for a reason by something greater than ourselves. For as deep and wide as humanity’s rivers have run, it has now been reduced to a precious few, needing something to believe in… and a place to call home. This is what we have been called to – the future that we fight for. The future we will protect.

Shaped by the fires of each new battle, we are forged and sharpened into what we must become for the fight ahead.

What we have built is only the beginning – a symbol of what we can achieve, of who we are and our great purpose here. But the day may come when we will be tested. When all we hold dear is threatened. And then, we will see what each of us is truly made of.

vb63c58xrd5a.png

Destiny 2: Penny Arcade G&T Saves the Universe and Everything in It, No, Seriously, I Know It Looks like We’re Losing but Everything Is Under Control, We Promise is an online multiplayer action role-playing sci-fi-fantasy first-person shooter for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC and the second title in Bungie and Activision’s ten-year, zillion-dollar Destiny franchise. It’s MMO-like – think gear collection (and dress-up), skill trees and specs, party play, raiding, and PvP – with rock-solid gunplay and wondrous, gorgeous worlds to explore. Beyond all of that, it’s also home to the best damn community in gaming: Pax Arcadia, our systems-spanning network of clans.

A Little History: Our Story So Far
In Year One of Destiny, the Wise and Noble Guardians of PA traveled through space and time in defense of Human, Awoken, and Exo, rising to meet every challenge and ultimately emerging from a year's worth of adventures bearing the spoils of war and the bounty of exotic weapons, sturdy and stylish armor, fortune, and fame. Through our bravery and dedication, we defended The Tower from all who would see it leveled to the ground. Our legend reached the farthest battlefields of the Crucible. We earned the favor of the Queen and protected her Reef from enemies seeking to tear it apart.

At times, our successes seemed inevitable, almost routine. We traveled backward and forward through time; we crushed our foes underfoot in encounter after encounter; we destroyed the heart of a god - more than once. We plumbed the depths of the Dark Below, face-to-hideous-face with Crota, Hive Prince and Son of Oryx. In time, he fell like the rest. We took his wretched, cursed husk and held it aloft as a trophy.

In Year Two, we braved the Dreadnaught, a terrifying frontier, and we beat back the Taken, a twisted menace. We competed against our fellow Guardians in brutal bloodsport, sharpening ourselves into efficient, highly coordinated soldiers of the Light. We returned to the Prison of Elders and tore through its denizens, leaving our mark on its every arena. We remained relentless, undeterred, in the face of overwhelming odds, and together we struck down Oryx, the Taken King. He refused to tolerate our insolence; we refused to tolerate his existence.

In Year Three, Fallen mutants, scavenging the tombs of the Golden Age, unleashed a plague of unimaginable corruption on our world. Grotesque new foes bore down upon the walls of the Last City, challenging us to adapt or perish. Lord Saladin called us to take up the mantle of the Iron Lords, and we obliged. We honored their legacy by rediscovering their history and celebrating a noble, long-buried tradition.

Now, as we enter a new era, our greatest-ever threat emerges from the Darkness to meet us: Dominus Ghaul, leader of the Cabal’s Red Legion. Ghaul believes that the Traveler erred in bestowing the Light upon us; as we begin our journey in Destiny 2, he and his forces will assail the Tower, corrupt the Traveler, and scatter us to the wilds, beyond the relative safety of our city’s walls. For the first time ever, we will enter a world without Light.

But we will enter it together, Guardians. And it will not be dark for long.

szuuy5gycpri.png

Clan Update (Sept. 9, 2017): Bungie's new clan portals have rolled out, and we have three separate clan pages (complete with general chat wall and LFG channels!) for PlayStation, Xbox and PC Arcadians. To join up on your specific platform, please PM @GMaster7 (PS4), @ObiFett (Xbox) or @SniperGuy (PC) and let us know your PSN/Xbox/Battle.net ID and your Bungie.net ID - and add yourself to the bottom of the Mega-Roster (linked below) for your platform of choice (on PS4, add yourself to the bottom of the blue-labeled Waitlist section). Then, use the below links to send a join request to your platform's clan on Bungie.net. Note that clans will be a bit more of a walled garden in D2 - because the 100-member cap will remain, we're looking for players who will be active in-game and here in the thread. General policy has been to boot for inactivity after a few months, but our plan is to be a bit more aggressive with inactivity checks in D2. (Note that the PS4 clan is full-up at 100 as of this writing. We will use this excellent tool developed by our very own Muffinatron (Holy-Promethium) to conduct regular inactivity checks - for now, we're eyeing a thirty-day inactivity cap.)
Pax Arcadia Mega-Roster Spreadsheet
Pax Arcadia (PS4)
Pax Arcadia Prime (Xbox One)
Pax-Arcadia (PC)

PC Arcadians: We also have a clan channel within the PA Discord server!

PS4 Overflow Clans
On PS4, Pax Arcadia's waitlist has been growing pretty steadily since launch. If you're on that list and are looking to escape from no-clan purgatory and reap some weekly clan rewards, might I suggest joining either our overflow clan or the SE++ subforum's clan? There's a lot of overlap between PA and these other clans, and if you're on the waitlist, I'll still let you know if your spot comes up.
Pax Chardcadia (PS4 Overflow)
SE++ Clan

Find teammates with The100.io!
If you're looking for teammates for any activity in D1 or D2, check out PA's console-specific groups on The100.io, right here:
Pax Arcadia - PS4
Pax Arcadia - Xbox One

Useful Links and Utilities
We will use this space to compile links to miscellaneous sites and tools as we prepare for and dive into the launch of D2. Please feel free to PM or @ me in the thread at any time if you would like to contribute a useful resource or utility to the OP.
Destiny Item Manager: Move items between characters and keep track of your gear and inventory.
DestinyTracker: Track your stats, plus leaderboards, activity listings, and vendors.
DestinyDB: Item lists and tons of info.

mfua5ptrphdo.png

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
GMaster7 on

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    PC PLAYERS OUR TIME IS NIGH

• cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    Got prestige baths done and some (throneroom) time in on Calus.

If anyone does skulls and has a good explanation of how to get safely up to the barrier when you're teleported in after punching a psion, let me know, because our guys seemed to have a hell of a time.

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    so we're all agreed that this thread is just a re-skin of the last one right?

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    It's more of a kitbash

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Is it true that you can solo your way to one of the chests in the Leviathan?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Really hard not to name the thread something reskin/kitbash-related. But now it's memorialized here on Page 1, so we're good.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

if you can unlock the door at the start you can get to the ventilator chest i think it is

no watchers on that one

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    edited October 2017

Ventilator and Irrigation don't require fighting watchers. With cleverness or just by being a titan you can also solo the watchers for the other keys.

Oh, and you can also get a number of the chests through the ceiling/walls of adjoining rooms.

cncaudata on
    PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Kitbash is a much more apt description than reskin though. A lot of Destiny 1 guns were like that, with unique doodads on them. In Destiny 2 all the duplicate weapons are straight reskins.

• RemingtonRemington Registered User regular
    It's more of a kitbash

FINALLY

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Let's hope we have to break out the Krysten Ritter eyeroll gif less than twice in the new thread.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    Let's hope we have to break out the Krysten Ritter eyeroll gif less than twice in the new thread.

Well if we don't want to wholly reuse it we can just use one that has similar assets with some slight changes.

• Trojan35Trojan35 I want Too Human 2. Registered User regular
    gmaster stole my mojo so im reposting in new thread.
    I meant that there is no way at all to replay story missions once beaten. They could even be beacons on the map like how they are presented through the campaign, but mysteriously missing. (not a mystery bungro didn't like players using them to cheese challenges so they kilt it instead of figuring out a solution)

But.... the grimoire challenges are gone so I don't see the point.
    Remington wrote: »
    I don't think most of the suggestions in that sub are all that great. Most of them are extremely obvious and assume Bungie's designers are just out of ideas, or something? Like, "what if every individual activity in the game had its own unique gear set!"

I have a feeling they thought of that one.

And then there's all the ideas that just don't have anything to do with anything. "What if Devrim Kay randomly shot enemies on the map!" Cool, great... now he shoots random enemies on the map. The economy is still fucked.

Most of the suggestions are decent but not do-able short term (6v6, completely revamped rewards system, completely revamped weapon mod system, etc). There's also the trivial ones, like Devrim Kay. But Devrim Kay is actually a great example of how marine NPC's in Halo fucking 2 felt more real and interactive than the NPC's in Destiny 2.

Chanus wrote: »
    there are whole giant areas in VoG that were just completely unused and it's such a shame

i spent so long in an area looking for ghosts for the no time to explain quest before it turned out, nope, there's no content there at all, it's just a huge open area of nothing

I'm still bitter about all the non-committal douchebaggery around if there was an extra chest in VoG, and bungie hinting there was on stream when there wasn't. When people think of the arrogant asshattery of a company, that and throwing money at the screen stand out.

• RemingtonRemington Registered User regular
    To be fair, I absolutely ended up throwing some money at my screen.

SniperGuy wrote: »

Don't let the negativity (mine included) dissuade you. If you haven't played D1, the PvE gunplay is still world-class. I imagine the game is gonna look super hot on a PC rig with higher resolutions too.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Origin Story vs Nameless Midnight

Thoughts?

How is your aim?

• StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Nameless Midnight. Explosive rounds flinch factor is better, and the lack of drop off on the mini explosion extends the usable range.

26904.png
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

Problems:

D1 was borked behind the scenes and the engine needed to be fixed
    WoW has a subscription model and D1 does not.

Some bullets gotta be bit

• DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    Hard disagree

I don't ever need to wander around the moon or kill phogoth again.

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »
    Origin Story vs Nameless Midnight

Thoughts?

NM is the best PVE gun in the game for the slot and pretty useable in the crucible
    Origin Story is strong all around and useful in two encounters of the raid, but by no means the best at anything

So, NM

• JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    I was leaning towards NM, but it seems all I hear is Origin Story Origin Story Origin Story Origin Story

edited October 2017
    Last thread someone said that they should put the team that designed the VoG in charge of D2

That was a joke, right? Because, if so, it was a really good joke. But if it wasn't it is unintentionally so.

Apothe0sis on
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »

Problems:

D1 was borked behind the scenes and the engine needed to be fixed
    WoW has a subscription model and D1 does not.

Some bullets gotta be bit

Oh, I know why Bungie had to do it. But it makes a lot of sense as a source of resentment when you look objectively and go "D2 has more content than D1 did at launch, yet people are unbelievably angry about the amount of content."

• StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »
    I was leaning towards NM, but it seems all I hear is Origin Story Origin Story Origin Story Origin Story
    For a legendary kinetic, Nameless Midnight is amazeballs. If you really don't like the slow fire rate, I'd pick Lincoln Green as my second choice. High auto-aim means you're more likely to connect and the damn thing fires as fast as you can pull the trigger so it's practically an auto-rifle anyway.

Of course I use VWing in Crucible in that slot, so go figure.

26904.png
  • skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2017
    All that talk about raids, and music, and no one mentions the absolute best moment in both Destiny 1 raiding and Destiny 1 raid music:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlDl9O0bpmo

You've been hearing about Crota since the original campaign. He's unkillable. He killed thousands of guardians with his sword. You already killed his own princes and stole his sword. Now it's time for REVENGE.

skyknyt on
    Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    BHWA HOLD UP YA'LL (from TWAB - I may have missed this in the other thread or whatever)

Trials of the Nine
    As a follow-up to reported incidents of emote glitching in the Crucible, we are investigating a fix that we plan to deploy during the first week of November. In the meantime, the next two instances of Trials of the Nine will be postponed. Please stay tuned for updates. We will provide more information as it becomes available. At this time the next instance of Trials of the Nine is forecasted to resume on November 3, 2017.

I'm not even going to be around that weekend. Damnit Bungo, you're stealing my shots at Flawless before all that remains of the community becomes Super-Duper-Tryhards.

• AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Two weeks is an eternity in their player drop off timeline. I was going to try it this week but I’m going to guess in 2 weeks it’s going to be mostly insane people.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    It's almost like they're running a social experiment to see how much bullshit people will put up with before leaving a game behind.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
    Yeah... they just killed the competitive scene for this game

Wow. That was amazing. I guess the PC preorder numbers must be gangbusters because who cares about the current shrinking playerbase, right?

• Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Like, I'm not sure what would make me angrier - trying to do some Trials and then watching people shoot me from impossible locations due to emote glitches, or not being able to play at all and roll the dice.

Like, I get it. You want to respond to the issue. But you are hemorrhaging (still not sure how bad it is compared to D1 and competitive analysis), so what's worse - people having a bad experience, or people having no experience at all? (spoiler alert, it's number 2)

Any time away kills retention. That's the killer for hobby games.

Guess it's alt time but this is rather demoralizing, and I've been better than most at not being demoralized thus far.

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    This is just super disappointing and is probably another side effect from Bungie being way too lenient on cheaters, just start throwing out the permabans and see how fast people will stop cheating.

They brought this shit on themselves.

Sirialis on
    I know they were trying to prevent player frustration by addressing an issue

It's just like, where was this attitude about every other Trials-related frustration?? (so much salt from me on the fansite-triggered banwave. Fansites are even balancing the game for Bungire now...)

BHWA HOLD UP YA'LL (from TWAB - I may have missed this in the other thread or whatever)

Trials of the Nine
    As a follow-up to reported incidents of emote glitching in the Crucible, we are investigating a fix that we plan to deploy during the first week of November. In the meantime, the next two instances of Trials of the Nine will be postponed. Please stay tuned for updates. We will provide more information as it becomes available. At this time the next instance of Trials of the Nine is forecasted to resume on November 3, 2017.

I'm not even going to be around that weekend. Damnit Bungo, you're stealing my shots at Flawless before all that remains of the community becomes Super-Duper-Tryhards.

Bungie, go home. You're drunk.

What's the over/under on % of Destiny2 streamers that switch to Fortnite/PUBG and never come back?

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Best part, that Ban wave that just hit a bunch of cheaters with temp bans...?

Yeah, temp bans last for 1-2 weeks and doesn't mean shit now.

What a joke.

Sirialis on
  • Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Nothing about the issues people actually care about? gg bungie. Call me when Xur has synthoceps.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Trojan35 wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »

Don't let the negativity (mine included) dissuade you. If you haven't played D1, the PvE gunplay is still world-class. I imagine the game is gonna look super hot on a PC rig with higher resolutions too.

Well I did play D1 but this seems like mostly more of that. And I enjoyed the bit of crucible I played, so I'm still hyped.

This discussion has been closed.