As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

RAM: MSpaint Drawing game: Round Three results (pg. 6)

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Signup

• DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    doh!

DisruptedCapitalist on
    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Hawkstone wrote: »
    This looks really fun...I saw the article with all the logos and immediately was super curious how I would do.

You're still welcome to join.

I would love to but I leave for Florida later in the week and most of my extra time will be devoted to the fact I haven't packed, the house needs cleaning etc...so I would miss the whole first round anyway. I will definitely peek in on this when I get back and maybe hop in then!

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Its me Im the worst.
    All I could remember was Wiki-Tan, the anime girl personification of the website rather than the actual logo

Bedlam on
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    I don't even know what I thought I remembered, but it was not the prompt in question.

My logo is better than their logo.
    They should hire me, expert Paint user.
    Only $10 per logo.
    Or $10 per 10 minutes.
    (It is the same price)

• JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    I don't even know what I thought I remembered, but it was not the prompt in question.

You had an aggressive rebranding.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    I was less wrong than I thought but a lot more wrong than I was hoping

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Reminder that if you have updated Windows 10, you have not just paint, but Paint 3D.

The third dimension was a mistake.

Think we're still waiting on about 6 entries.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I kind of completely forgot about this. Just skip me. Sick kids take up all my time.

I kind of completely forgot about this. Just skip me. Sick kids take up all my time.

Your entry will be a wang

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    are we PMing these to you or posting them under a spoiler?

nvm checked the OP

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017

0214_martin.jpg

#pipe on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

0214_martin.jpg

Place I worked about 10 years ago still had a Wang system.

steam_sig.png
  • Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    I was pretty proud of how my turned out, and I guess I still kind of am, but mine was waaaay off, they've never had a logo like that.

• DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Yeah, I focused on totally the wrong thing. Funny how one's memory works.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    the main thing i got wrong with mine, i spent a good amount of time considering drawing it the correct way, and ended up second guessing myself :bzz:

uc3ufTB.png
    I'll be compiling results this afternoon.

@Oghulk
    @Goose!
    @Flarne

If you'd still like to take a stab at it quick You have a little time left. I think I have everyone else. Otherwise in school detention.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Oh I didn't realize the thing had started, I was waiting for a ding or a PM or some such. You don't gotta wait for me, it'll be at least 4 hours before I can do anything.

EDIT: That ding you put there didn't work, it only works in quotes @ "Goose!" without the space in between @ and " because that's how they get symbols in names to work.

EDIT2: And if it was just in the OP that's totally on me I didn't fully read it then I guess.

Goose! on
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Don't wait on me I fucked up and can't do anything

Whoops :rotate:

Welcome back class! it's so nice to see you all here again today! Some of you put the Rem into remembering. And some put it into remedial.

Round one Result

Here is the official Wikipedia logo.
    56gktu5yn05v.jpg

As you can see it is a globe made of puzzle pieces with letters and symbols in different scripts on them. The top pieces are missing and there is a shadow effect to make it look 3d.

The tagline at the bottom says "WikipediA" and below that "The Free Encyclopedia".

Here are the submissions

dds7jt2boe9i.jpg

The items that really stood out to people were the globe, the puzzle pieces, or the symbols on the different pieces.

Most entries included the globe. 12/17
    Just over half included the puzzle pieces 9/17
    Less than half included the symbols other than the W 8/17
    Less than half put the words near the correct bottom placing 5/17
    Less than half included the full name as on the logo 5/17

Despite popular opinion the official logo is not just a W or prominently including a W. I think this one comes from the little icon on Wikipedia tabs is a white square and a W.

Entries featuring a prominent lone W 6/17

Special Awards:

The You Remembered only one Weirdly Specific Element Award
    @DisruptedCapitalist despite this being not the official logo, you did style the W correctly.

The You're Good at Jigsaw Puzzles Award
    @Veldrin for having the most correct positioning for the missing puzzle pieces.

The If You Can't be Right be Funny Award
    @HeadCreeps @Mr Fuzzbutt Headcreeps for having it be confused as to if it is Wikipedia or not & Mr. Fuzzbutt for having the symbols spell out something.

The I Love Subtitles: Lost in New York Award
    @#pipe for being the only one to correctly remember that Wikipedia has a subtitle beneath. That isn't it, but gold star for the day.

The It's All Greek to Me Award
    @Jedoc @discrider and @Headcreeps for putting the upsilon or omega in the right place. It is omega, and Discrider is the only one to get that symbol right, but given the placing I don't think it is a coincidence that you all remembered it.

Overall group memory performance:

I'd say we did fairly well on this for such a complex logo, with most people either getting the globe or the puzzle pieces.

Best overall memory drawing:
    @Jandaru

It includes the puzzle pieces with the piece missing, the globe, and the full name of Wikipedia in the correct location. You get extra time at recess and 5 gold stars. Everyone else double homework.

I think we will wait off on starting Round 2 until tomorrow and it will go until Monday night the 23rd central time.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    I swore it had a puzzle piece coming into 'dock' with the globe.

And it's good to see no-one got it confused with Uncyclopedia's potato....

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Okay, i think maybe i want in on this.
    !SIGNUP

steam_sig.png
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    I definitely remembered it was a serif font!

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    This will be an adequate use of my time during work, I'm sure.

!SIGNUP

• RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    @Dr. Flamingo
    @Headcreeps

You did that in paint??

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Yeah, if I can jump back in on this I am definitely down. I will try to pay closer attention

Goose! on
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    godmode wrote: »
    I definitely remembered it was a serif font!

I knew it was serif. I thought it was a Book type font like Times

IT WAS TRAJAN

I made like 2 puzzle pieces, then got sick of the effort it was taking to make them.

Kudos to those of you that made them all.

• JandaruJandaru New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Best overall memory drawing:
    @Jandaru

It includes the puzzle pieces with the piece missing, the globe, and the full name of Wikipedia in the correct location. You get extra time at recess and 5 gold stars. Everyone else double homework.

WHAT

I remember looking at the real logo after my drawing and immediately seeing all the parts I got wrong...

0ijlzpptari2.png
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Ooh missed this earlier. I actually like a couple of the variations better than the real one.

!SIGNUP

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    jbpmaxn9u89g.jpg

ARGH!

• HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Ringo wrote: »
    "Dr. Flamingo"
    Headcreeps

You did that in paint??

No, Manga Studio

I thought he said we could use other programs if we wanted?

HeadCreeps on
    vEaRQgH.png
  • Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    I got really proficient in Paint during my sprite art days, but the version I have on my new computer is weird. I guess after a few forum games I'm getting the hang of it again, though!

I also like how I'm not the only one to "remember" the lone puzzle piece floating above the puzzle. I wonder if that's from another logo or something...

HeadCreeps wrote: »
    "Dr. Flamingo"
    Headcreeps

You did that in paint??

No, Manga Studio

You can use whatever. I recommend painting a living room mural and taking a photo

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    Goose! wrote: »
    Yeah, if I can jump back in on this I am definitely down. I will try to pay closer attention

Youre in the next round.

I'm removing Raijin since he has like 30 sick children.

@Oghulk does that mean you're put next round?

@Flarne can be in too if he's around.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Yeah I can't do it sorry y'all

edited October 2017
    "Dr. Flamingo"
    Headcreeps

You did that in paint??

No, Manga Studio

You can use whatever. I recommend painting a living room mural and taking a photo

But in my living room. I need to spice the place up, and don't want to put in any effort myself.

Perrsun on
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    "Dr. Flamingo"
    Headcreeps

You did that in paint??

No, Manga Studio

Nothing wrong with using the art program of your choice! I just know how easily I fail to use Paint or paint-like programs well, and both yours and the good doctor's speak of some skill with the program of your choice

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG