As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Forest] Releases next month (April 2018)! Are you a bad enough dude to save your son?

2»

• Options
    SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I've been really digging this. I picked it up recently, so I'm not sure how much it's changed. The atmosphere is terrific. I have several mini bases and a couple tree houses scattered around the map. Whenever an area gets a bit too... mutant-y for my taste, I uproot and stay at another base for a while.

Finally getting my head around the atrocious crafting system. I suppose I should qualify, only half of the crafting system is terrible. Building structures and traps through your survival book is easy to do, and watching the pieces fall into place as you build is really cool. Unfortunately, everything related to crafting in your inventory is a disaster. Setting up your backpack hot keys should not be so convoluted, and items and knick knacks are strewn all over your screen with no rhyme or reason. Discovering recipes seems to involve a lot of trial and error, I gave up almost right away in favor of using the wiki which is a shame.

On the plus side, I've explored a few of the caves and they are terrifying. After a wrong turn I ran into multi-armed things in near darkness. I did not last long. But they aren't all bad. On another expedition I came away with a shiny new Katana, which has really helped solve my 'screechy locals' problem.

EDIT: Reading through some of the other comments, I felt it was important to say that I have not encountered any bugs. In fact it has been a wonderfully glitch free experience, so in that respect I think a lot of work has been done.

Sceptre on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    This game is leaving early access and they expect v 1.0 to be released this April.

It feels weird that I made this thread back in 2014.