As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PA Forums Ventrilo / Discord Server

1272829303133»

• Options
    KarleSpencerKarleSpencer Registered User new member
    edited August 2017
    PMAvers wrote: »
    So I've been looking at the channel listings, and I'm thinking of going through and doing a purge since there's a LOT that are going un-used most of the time. What groups still actively use their channels?

Also, I'm kind of curious to how many unique peeps actually read this thread and use the server. So I threw together a poll. Click yes once.

Going back to the first point, I've been debating of doing some channels that are behind a non-public password wall, in case there's a group that truly doesn't want to be bothered by random spammers in case there isn't a admin on to deal with them. It'd be a password that'd only get handed out to people we know are forum regulars, and shouldn't be passed around to randos you may be playing with.

I do believe that you should add all those actions to your regular schedule :)
    cause the server has grown quite big, and those big servers always need some additional care, just like the forum.

KarleSpencer on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Holy crap, Vent updated to 4.0.
    http://ventrilo.com/download.php

I'll probably upgrade the server to it soon, unless there's a major reason not to.

EDIT: Will do the upgrade on the 21'st, unless there's objections.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Since nobody's said anything otherwise, we've upgraded to 4.0. Should be up and running now, make sure to actually download the new cleint if you're having trouble connecting.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Wow that 4.0 interface...that's something all right.

• Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    I guess if Ventrilo needed a deathblow, it is the 4.0 interface.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    wrong thread

Firebird on
    steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    @PMAvers vent server seems to be non-functional.

• Options
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    @PMAvers vent server seems to be non-functional.

Weird. I restarted it, and seems to be back up. I know they had migrated it to a new machine the other day, wonder if it was related.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Can the Warframe section of Discord get an announcements channel please?

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Can the Warframe section of Discord get an announcements channel please?

It is done.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    MusicVsGamingMusicVsGaming Registered User new member
    edited July 2019
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    Ventrilo: Hostname: vent15.gameservers.com [port four three eight four], Password: PA's Usual Password for these things.
    Thanks to PMAvers. If you feel like donating, you can use this link.

Discord:
    On a side note, if we need to get a new Vent or Mumble or whatever, I can actually get a half-off deal at GameServers due to having a game server with them.

EDIT: Fuck it, I needs mah Vent. New one coming online, will post the IP when it's up.

EDIT 2: vent20.gameservers.com [port four three eight four], rooms havn't been set up yet or anything, but it's online.

EDIT 3: If you feel like donating, you can use this link.

Cant join :/

oh this thread is from 2007... is there any newer discord?

MusicVsGaming on
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Ventrilo: Hostname: vent15.gameservers.com [port four three eight four], Password: PA's Usual Password for these things.
    Thanks to PMAvers. If you feel like donating, you can use this link.

Discord:
    On a side note, if we need to get a new Vent or Mumble or whatever, I can actually get a half-off deal at GameServers due to having a game server with them.

EDIT: Fuck it, I needs mah Vent. New one coming online, will post the IP when it's up.

EDIT 2: vent20.gameservers.com [port four three eight four], rooms havn't been set up yet or anything, but it's online.

EDIT 3: If you feel like donating, you can use this link.

Cant join :/

oh this thread is from 2007... is there any newer discord?

That's the correct Discord @MusicVsGaming , I just checked it. The invite should be coming from 'Kool Eagle'. Here's a new invite that expires in 24 hours if you still can't get that one to work: https://discord.gg/BAGF3K.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Any chance I could get an invite?

• Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    On the discord, been looking for who to message for channel permissions. Right now it says I cannot view the history of any channels. No pinned messages or anything saying what to do. Anyone know?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ToyD wrote: »
    On the discord, been looking for who to message for channel permissions. Right now it says I cannot view the history of any channels. No pinned messages or anything saying what to do. Anyone know?

What's your name, I'll see if I can see anything funny and fix it if I can.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Someone needs to get to Pika or Kooleagle and tell them my Discord account has been compromised for now. Don't know if I'll get it back, but take the mod powers off of it for now.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    übergeek wrote: »
    Someone needs to get to Pika or Kooleagle and tell them my Discord account has been compromised for now. Don't know if I'll get it back, but take the mod powers off of it for now.

Done. Good luck~

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    übergeek wrote: »

Done. Good luck~

Thanks hopefully I'll hear back sometime tomorrow...well today since it's so late. Worst case I guess I'll have to make a new account and try and re-add all my servers from memory. I'll PM you here if I make a new one.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    So I might not have really been paying attention much in regards to whether people still use it, but I just got a e-mail from my hosting provider:
    We wanted to notify you of an important event on December 12, 2023. Flagship Industries Inc - the owner of the Ventrilo VoIP software - has announced that it is winding down its operations and Ventrilo won’t be available after this date.

The following voice subscriptions will be impacted:

[VENT INFO] - cancelling on Feb-13-2024

What you need to do:

Spin up an alternate voice server (for example, using TeamSpeak)
    Notify your team members that the Ventrilo server will cease to function on that date.

So if anyone has any nostalgic memories of sitting in a room in Vent, playing DOTA... this is a reminder to take your back pain medicine.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    So I might not have really been paying attention much in regards to whether people still use it, but I just got a e-mail from my hosting provider:
    We wanted to notify you of an important event on December 12, 2023. Flagship Industries Inc - the owner of the Ventrilo VoIP software - has announced that it is winding down its operations and Ventrilo won’t be available after this date.

The following voice subscriptions will be impacted:

[VENT INFO] - cancelling on Feb-13-2024

What you need to do:

Spin up an alternate voice server (for example, using TeamSpeak)
    Notify your team members that the Ventrilo server will cease to function on that date.

So if anyone has any nostalgic memories of sitting in a room in Vent, playing DOTA... this is a reminder to take your back pain medicine.

I always preferred Ventrilo to TeamSpeak, personally. That said, nothing like playing League with friends on Ventrilo to make me hate MOBAs and kill my interactions with that friend group entirely.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Thanks for running that server for such a long time. I have a lot of very fond memories shooting stompy bots with stompy oosiks and shooting the shit in Vent.

• Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    wow

soi

jCyyTSo.png