As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How to eliminate odor of brewing coffee?

Vrtra TheoryVrtra Theory Registered User regular
“Brewing” in title is a stretch (I’m just making keurig pods here.)

So, my wife absolutely hates the smell of coffee - she will wake up from a dead sleep choking and coughing at a whiff of it. But I love coffee and getting my morning fix is tricky. I can get away with buying coffee at a Starbucks, Dunkin, speedway, etc, and bringing it home and drinking it in my office, but the smell is much stronger while it brews.

I’ve tried putting my Keurig in the basement, in the garage, etc, but I think the smell wafts through the vents. I wish there was some kind of air-tight glass box I could put it in or something, to keep all those brewing smells in place.

Anyone have any bright ideas?

Are you a Software Engineer living in Seattle? HBO is hiring, message me.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    “Brewing” in title is a stretch (I’m just making keurig pods here.)

So, my wife absolutely hates the smell of coffee - she will wake up from a dead sleep choking and coughing at a whiff of it. But I love coffee and getting my morning fix is tricky. I can get away with buying coffee at a Starbucks, Dunkin, speedway, etc, and bringing it home and drinking it in my office, but the smell is much stronger while it brews.

I’ve tried putting my Keurig in the basement, in the garage, etc, but I think the smell wafts through the vents. I wish there was some kind of air-tight glass box I could put it in or something, to keep all those brewing smells in place.

Anyone have any bright ideas?

Maybe use a French press without grinding the beans yourself? Or brew your own cold brew in the refrigerator

sig.gif
  • Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    Cold brew is pretty odorless and it's also delicious. Grinding doesn't make much of a smell, if you grind your beans up when she isn't home and toss your brew pitcher in the fridge it wont ever smell like much of anything.