As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I'll be your 1-Up Girl! [Super Mario Odyssey]

• HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    I just want to sleep until Friday.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    So, getting this digitally...will it be out at midnight or not until like 1pm the next day?

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    It should be out at midnight

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    I've yet to preorder a game on the switch... better to get a digital preorder from a box store or using the switch store on the console?

Going digital because switching tiny cartridges is a pain.... I'm so lazy.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    Precedence has Nintendo dropping games at midnight EST. Shouldn't be any different here.

I'm gonna adjust my sleep schedule a bit because I know once I start playing it will be hard for me to stop. Kinda turn Friday night into a morning w/ some breakfast and coffee. It's gonna be awesome. XD

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Yeah, Splatoon 2 was released at midnight and the eShop chugged for about 45 minutes trying to deal with the increased activity. Kinda expecting the same with Odyssey.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I did the Amazon preorder, so I assume it SHOULD arrive on Friday while I'm at work.

Or it won't come and they'll give me some credit, which I hear is SOP these days with Amazon.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    I did the Amazon preorder, so I assume it SHOULD arrive on Friday while I'm at work.

Or it won't come and they'll give me some credit, which I hear is SOP these days with Amazon.

steam_sig.png

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I considered digital for the sole fact of being able to play it at midnight... well 1AM atlantic... well possibly 2 or later depending on server load.

Instead I just opted to preorder from the EB that's just a 5 minute walk away.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    I'll still be heading out to Walmart to pick up the guide though, I love to collect them for the games I do buy.

Fridays at work tend to be the slower days, with a big chunk of free time near the end of the day. Having Mario would have been rad, but eh. I can wait till I get home.

steam_sig.png

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I work Sun-Thurs so my "weekend" is basically just all Mario all the time.

Mx. Quill on
  • Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    I accidentally clicked on a link to the Switch subreddit despite being on media blackout. Thankfully posts complaining about spoiler posts had pushed most of the actual spoilers off the front page. Crisis averted.

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    I haven't been this excited for a Mario game in a long time. I think it 's because my daughter is 9 now and she is old enough to actually appreciate it with me. Definitely going to pick up a hard copy of the game. Nintendo is the one and only game company I still feel nostalgic enough about physical media to buy it. Every where else I'm full digital at this point.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular

Yeah, Amazon's started to get very spotty with delivering games on release days now. Here's hoping.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Anyone going in for Best Buy's midnight launch event? Debating on how badly I want that poster.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Uh....is there no way to Pre-order this game on the eShop?

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

Pre-ordering on the eShop hasn't been implemented, no.

FU7kFbw.png
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular

Sigh....godammit Nintendo.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

It depends on where you live. I order every one of the MANY games I buy on Amazon for release and have for years. I have only once not received a game when I was supposed to and that was a few years ago. And wasn't even a big title. So for big titles in huge supply it's less likely to be an issue. But again depends where you are. If you don't have a track record of the issues you are most likely fine.

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Anyone going in for Best Buy's midnight launch event? Debating on how badly I want that poster.

You have to be in the first 20 in line.

You'll suck it up like we all do because they are masters in game design.

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular

It depends on where you live. I order every one of the MANY games I buy on Amazon for release and have for years. I have only once not received a game when I was supposed to and that was a few years ago. And wasn't even a big title. So for big titles in huge supply it's less likely to be an issue. But again depends where you are. If you don't have a track record of the issues you are most likely fine.

To be fair everything surrounding Amazon and video games has started sucking a bit more just in the last few months.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293

I wonder if the shop will crash.

What I did was pre-ordered it at Best Buy and set it for in store pickup.

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »

I wonder if the shop will crash.

It crashed for Splatoon 2, so there’s a good chance it will for Mario.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    cloudeagle wrote: »

To be fair everything surrounding Amazon and video games has started sucking a bit more just in the last few months.

Yeah, I didn't used to hear about problems until recently. So who knows?

steam_sig.png

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular

Wait what? I preordered Samus Returns.

Wait what? I preordered Samus Returns.

That's the 3DS eShop, not the Switch eShop.

FU7kFbw.png
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    That's lame. Lame I say!

Pre-loading is coming, it just wasn't in time for this game.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    To be fair, it sounds like preloading would hace crashed the switch shop anyways

• Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    I recently took a ton of old 360 and Wii game in for trade to support my new Switch habit, so I have $190 credit at the locally owned game store. They assured me they will have all the copies of Mario so I can swing by on my lunch break.

Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    pre-loading is now available on the eshop, says the Switch news feed.

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
    Mario is preloaded! Wooo!

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Krathoon on
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Preload is gooooo. Now I will stare at it until Friday at midnight.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
    Preloading from your ivory towers

Some of us have to wait for the mailcarrier

steam_sig.png