As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Solitary Confinement, Part One

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited October 2017 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Solitary Confinement, Part One

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• poipoigirlpoipoigirl Registered User regular
    I bet Tycho is jealous. He most likely got a more annoying seat mate.

• bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    more likeley he's jealous about these bitching hallucinations gabe has

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Tycho might be jealous for other reasons.

i-X7qqpjV-2100x20000.jpg

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    The funniest part of that one remains the 23-hour time frame.

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    The throw-away line at the end is my favorite part.

"It seems like you're mostly snakes."

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    For some reason the strip Bursar posted always made me think of Tiresias. He's a mythical Ancient Greek prophet of Apollo who shows up in the Odyssey, as well as Oedipus Rex, & Antigone.
    Wikipedia wrote:
    On Mount Cyllene in the Peloponnese,[4] as Tiresias came upon a pair of copulating snakes, he hit the pair with his stick. Hera was displeased, and she punished Tiresias by transforming him into a woman. As a woman, Tiresias became a priestess of Hera, married and had children... According to some versions of the tale, Lady Tiresias was a prostitute of great renown.

Years later, Tiresias found another pair of mating snakes, trampled on them, and was turned back into a man. Also of note:
    Wikipedia wrote:
    In a separate episode,[11] Tiresias was drawn into an argument between Hera and her husband Zeus, on the theme of who has more pleasure in sex: the man, as Hera claimed; or, as Zeus claimed, the woman, as Tiresias had experienced both. Tiresias replied, "Of ten parts a man enjoys one only."[12] Hera instantly struck him blind for his impiety. Zeus could do nothing to stop her or reverse her curse, but in recompense he did give Tiresias the gift of foresight[13] and a lifespan of seven lives.

The snakes, the "fucked, and was fucked by" specification, the wistfulness for a period during which he was ostensibly under a curse... It's vague, but that was enough for my mind to make that connection.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    For some reason the strip Bursar posted always made me think of Tiresias. He's a mythical Ancient Greek prophet of Apollo who shows up in the Odyssey, as well as Oedipus Rex, & Antigone.
    Wikipedia wrote:
    On Mount Cyllene in the Peloponnese,[4] as Tiresias came upon a pair of copulating snakes, he hit the pair with his stick. Hera was displeased, and she punished Tiresias by transforming him into a woman. As a woman, Tiresias became a priestess of Hera, married and had children... According to some versions of the tale, Lady Tiresias was a prostitute of great renown.

Years later, Tiresias found another pair of mating snakes, trampled on them, and was turned back into a man. Also of note:
    Wikipedia wrote:
    In a separate episode,[11] Tiresias was drawn into an argument between Hera and her husband Zeus, on the theme of who has more pleasure in sex: the man, as Hera claimed; or, as Zeus claimed, the woman, as Tiresias had experienced both. Tiresias replied, "Of ten parts a man enjoys one only."[12] Hera instantly struck him blind for his impiety. Zeus could do nothing to stop her or reverse her curse, but in recompense he did give Tiresias the gift of foresight[13] and a lifespan of seven lives.

The snakes, the "fucked, and was fucked by" specification, the wistfulness for a period during which he was ostensibly under a curse... It's vague, but that was enough for my mind to make that connection.

You'd think he would have learned to stop killing snakes like a dick after the first time.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Sadgasm wrote: »
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Wikipedia wrote:

Wikipedia wrote:

You'd think he would have learned to stop killing snakes like a dick after the first time.

I mean, dude was apparently enjoying herself after the first change, so why not keep a lower profile?

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    The throw-away line at the end is my favorite part.

"It seems like you're mostly snakes."
    Sometimes it's snakes. Sometimes it's ant lions. And sometimes it's a hydra comprised of an unending number of your parents' disapproving heads.

YL9WnCY.png
  • doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular
    well gabe youre mostly human but nobody seems to think it necessary to say it

what a happy day it is
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    "I happen to be mostly melting dogs myself."

H9f4bVe.png
  • Einaudi-EnthusiastEinaudi-Enthusiast Registered User regular
    Ambien's a hell of a drug...for some.

• JackBeenJackBeen Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Honestly, this is why I never ever take a pill when I'm flying.

I'm not big on any substance that screws too much with my perception and such. One of the reasons why I don't drink.

I'm afraid that if I took anything strong enough to knock me out, I'd wake up shackled in some jail cell and find myself on the no-fly list because I was sleep walking / saying crazy-s**t / getting naked / etc. during an international flight.

I just plan my travels accordingly. If I have something important on a Monday at my destination, I try to arrive Saturday or early Sunday so I have time to rest from a potentially sleepless flight.

JackBeen on