As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Democracy [Mini-Phalla] (Game over, mafia bloodbath, village victory!)

1234568»

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Since we are posting seer results, Grunts Ghosts is The Cheater. Sounds ominous.
    It just means that I can boost or reduce the chance of a power vote by 10%. So like I can say "Reduce Beta Seer" and the seers votes cost 10% less. It was useless last night when all votes were pretty much seers.

Worth some consideration considering Chamberlain was mafia, and def a liar

Grunt's Ghosts, are you a neutral, or a special villager?
    Not saying you should be the vote target, I'm just curious about your deal!

There's probably one or two folk like enlightenbum who did some irrelevant votes
    regarding day 1 guards and such.

Liar?!

Well, maybe lies of omission.

Yeah, sorry. That was more of a jokey don't trust mafia bit.
    I think you are an upstanding citizen when you aren't given the mafia role.
    I apologize for saying you were def a liar!

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    I did really enjoy multiple comments of "surely this can't be the case, it's too easy/doesn't make any balance sense." Oh how you underestimate me :D

Don't worry kime, I get you!

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Are we doing phalla again? Should another game be set up?

I know we've got one Halloween game in the pipeline yeah. And at least one other person has something starting design.

But yes phalla is revived officially rawr :P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Thanks for running @kime

It was good to have a game again, let’s keep this up okay everyone?

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    oMJea2y.jpg

I was looking for a Yog Wins Meme because I'm too lazy to make one apparently that's not a thing. but this is?

Was there a mafia board?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    No, we just used PM's. There were only four of us.

• Options
    No, we just used PM's. There were only four of us.

And there weren't four for very long :P

Steam profile
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Thanks for running kime! Even with the balance issues i think you've got the bones of a really good game here! I hope you end up running it again with some tweaks. I kinda wish I hadn't said anything about 3 seer being optimal before the game started as it meant i didn't even have the OPTION to come up with reasons for the village to deviate from that course.

Kudos to the village for the excellent aim!

• Options
    JPants wrote: »
    Thanks for running kime! Even with the balance issues i think you've got the bones of a really good game here! I hope you end up running it again with some tweaks. I kinda wish I hadn't said anything about 3 seer being optimal before the game started as it meant i didn't even have the OPTION to come up with reasons for the village to deviate from that course.

That's why I didn't say anything until after the game started. :lol: "This looks broken boy I wouldn't want to be on the wrong end of that."

What was up with the mafia targets?

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Infidel wrote: »
    JPants wrote: »

That's why I didn't say anything until after the game started. :lol: "This looks broken boy I wouldn't want to be on the wrong end of that."

What was up with the mafia targets?

Their kill targets? I liked some of the early reasoning. "We should kill Infidel, he's a loud and confident proponent of the triple Seer strategy, and he's a good player in general. But it would be more fun not to, so let's hit someone else :P "

Steam profile
  • Options
    More wondering what the thread was wondering, as the previous specials were not being targeted.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Because someone being a special one day had no impact on what they were the next? Why kill an outed villager when there was a chance to kill a non-rotating village special (of which there were very few, we later learned).

chamberlain on
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Also, by moving the mafia target around, you can always maybe hit that nights seer before they can post their results.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    There was no indication (afaik) that people couldn't be repeats though, which is what makes either of those good reasons.

Outed villager has the same chance (powers to manipulate aside) as the not-outed villager, so kill the outed villager. Remove that known quantity from the village, still get ahead in the player count just the same?

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Yeah I was a seer twice

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    I was killed after being a seer...

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Was gg supposed to be colored black or green?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Was gg supposed to be colored black or green?

Green. I didn't officially give them a role name in the PM, so didn't color it in the PM. Bad communication on my part. I clarified that to both GG and the mafia (the seeree and the seer), but neither felt inclined to say anything publicly or ask publicly.

Steam profile
  • Options
    I figured but I didn't want to say much more and make it super obvious that I had too much info.

Did I say thanks for running? Its more fun running games while there are babies running around and you have no sleep right?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀