As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Android: Netrunner and Project Nisei

• LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Well I guess we're all using Film Critic for the "restricted" slot....

edit: this is probably hyperbole I'm perfectly happy to give the corp 9 credits in exchange for lifting a 3 pointer

Lykouragh on
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Ethea wrote: »
    I am torn on the reveal of secret tech. In some ways it adds a second layer of bluffing. Now that you know a Corp is running a trap, they can bluff agendas as traps.

it's great if you are running a single trap, not great at all if you aren't running any

also it spoils the run of figuring out which restricted card someone is playing! alas

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Economic Warfare makes me so happy. I wish it was a transaction, but that's okay. It's like they finally remembered who controls the banks.

I'm actually curious to what this whole "self-protecting Weyland agendas" will end up looking like.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    "Draw 7" when scored or stolen seems pretty good. Yowza.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    bacterial programming probably should have said "ignore this if accessed from R&D"

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    nah, cause you can interrupt a multi-access. they even give that example! it's legit horrifying but good.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    nah, cause you can interrupt a multi-access. they even give that example! it's legit horrifying but good.

it's a rules nightmare

if BP is the second card they see, what even happens next?

you can make a reasonable case for just about anything

• ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I think it seems that way at first, maybe, but I feel it works exactly as should be expected: It's out of the deck and in the runner's score area. Anything that was already accessed the corp picks up. Add cards from R&D until you've got 7. Do whatever you want with those cards. Runner continues accessing cards.

ArcticLancer on
    So if they accessed the top card and left it, you can shuffle that further down into R&D. Do they continue their access from the top of R&D? Do you have to point out where you put that card so they don't access it again? I agree that it's a mess.

Suspect it's going to be a sort of "bookmark". If you are on the 2nd card, which you steal, you would resume from the 3nd card in whatever the new order is. But time will tell since it'll assuredly get clarification sooner than later.

• NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    Suspect it's going to be a sort of "bookmark". If you are on the 2nd card, which you steal, you would resume from the 3nd card in whatever the new order is. But time will tell since it'll assuredly get clarification sooner than later.

See I would have assumed you start from the second card from the top, since that is what you would normally be accessing after a steal.

Neaden wrote: »

See I would have assumed you start from the second card from the top, since that is what you would normally be accessing after a steal.

You're right. I had a brain fart posting too late at night. In my head I somehow made sure to remove the stolen card from the deck, but also continue to treat it as still in the stack. >_<

• CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    I've been trying out Inversificator Kit with ProCon+Event economy. Not being able to Quality Time->Clone Chip all my program is a fuckin' drag. Deuces Wild and Process Automation are nice, but I'm continually having problems finding ProCons.

Also, is it just me, or is fucking everyone running kill/tag decks now?

• EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    Also, is it just me, or is fucking everyone running kill/tag decks now?

Would make sense as a response to remote lock Shaper being good, I guess.

edited October 2017
    Aaaaaaaaaaaa

Q4 kits are apparently alt-art Snare!s and Builder of Nations.

*makes grabby motions*

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    edited October 2017
    oh my god it's a Liga snare

Anzekay on
    article about the new core set: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/10/16/new-times-for-new-angeles/

not much we haven't seen, mainly just the new Reina Roja art

edited October 2017
    Oh hey, the new FAQ finally showed up.

Slums got errata'd to be less confusing, Adjusted Matrix got errata so it... well, works as intended...

OH SHIT STANDOFF ERRATA GET DUNKED ON KIDS

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    edited October 2017
    Also prizes for Worlds went up.

Participation is alt-art Brute Force Hack, plus tickets for the Prize Wall. (You also get tickets for winning rounds.)
    Surviving into Day 2 gets you a set of silver acrylic bad pub tokens.
    Best of Faction before Elimination rounds starts gets a set of click trackers featuring their faction. (ALL factions, including D&D runners!)
    Top 32 gets a playmat with the art from Revised Core, "A World Revised," on it.
    Top 8 gets a Jinteki-themed token box.
    Top 4 gets a print of A World Revised.
    Winner gets a CT playmat, as well as the usual Worlds stuff.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    You didn't include the playmat and beanie. I can't help but feel like one of those items was inspired. ;)

UFAQ for Crimson Dust is up.

(That's some spicy Panic Button/Ashigaru/Fractal Threat Matrix jank, right there.

persona4celestia.jpg
    Interesting, Boggs was on Bad Pub tonight, and the question about if they'd ever ban or restrict ID's came up. It's on the table, and they almost had one in the current list.

And by "one," I mean "Leela."

persona4celestia.jpg
    Whaaaaaaat

• KesterKester Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Interesting, Boggs was on Bad Pub tonight, and the question about if they'd ever ban or restrict ID's came up. It's on the table, and they almost had one in the current list.

And by "one," I mean "Leela."

Ah, that possibly helps explain why Gang Sign is on there when not much else you'd run it with is restricted.

• CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    GTFO she isn't over powered at all, what was the reason given?

Ugh, Restore. Please stop designing cards that require you to reveal hidden information :X Not explicitly mentioned in the UFAQ, but I assume you also have to reveal all facedown cards in Archives to prove that they don't need to be removed from the game?

Cerberus wrote: »

yeah the only negative thing I ever see about Leela is tears over some clutch steal with her.

you can't even go turn 1 R&D topdeck into siphon anymore!

• Dis'Dis' Registered User regular

Biggs loves junebug ;)

Between this and Gang Sign being on the restricted list, it really feels like they thought Gang Sign Leela was going to be a big problem deck in the new meta.

Just thinking, there hasn't been any word on Store Champs yet has there? We should be going into that season pretty soon here...

persona4celestia.jpg
  • CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    They only just released worlds news and prizes, seems they are super behind with advertising and news!

• NisiNisi Registered User regular
    Just ordered all of Red Sand and Terminal Directive. Time to start playing again, looks like there is some fun decks in this new meta :)

I don't want to play any more Adam games today because I've gone 5-0 (some luck may have been involved) and I don't want to ruin the beautiful, beautiful j.net stats.

I'm taking Adam to our GNK tonight because my reg Anarch deck doesn't actually do anything, and I dislike playing Smoke.

This is a terrible idea.

There are two other Adams here.

I like the odds of an Adam win!

Epimer wrote: »

Epimer wrote: »

A VICTORY FOR ALL ADAMS!

(I went 3-0 with Adam, 3-0 with CTM and won on SoS)

Oh sweet, new Hostile Takeover art.

(Plus a article to deliver the news.)

persona4celestia.jpg
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Bunch of new art, actually. Viktor 1.0, Data Raven, and Psychographics.

I'm pretty sure any time they need a card with animals on it, Liiga is their first email

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure any time they need a card with animals on it, Liiga is their first email

Can you blame 'em?