As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Android: Netrunner and Project Nisei

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    nope!

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    Shorty wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure any time they need a card with animals on it, Liiga is their first email

Can you blame 'em?

Honestly a lot of these would make excellent mats and/or card sleeves.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Or side of the van murals.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    In case you havent heard, FFG just announced a digital studio.

Bring on the digital LCGs!

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    Whatever happened to the netrunner videogame ? I can't find anything more recent then that and there is nothing on the companies website anymore, did it just get cancelled with no announcement?

• ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    So I'm thinking about getting back in with 2.0 now. I'm thinking Kit (my old favorite) Smoke (I've always liked stealth) or Geist (favorite criminal). Is Skorpios popular and does it's existence completely hamstring Geist?

• redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    So I'm thinking about getting back in with 2.0 now. I'm thinking Kit (my old favorite) Smoke (I've always liked stealth) or Geist (favorite criminal). Is Skorpios popular and does it's existence completely hamstring Geist?

Geist has disposable breakers and minimal recursion... what is the particular Skorp threat?

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    redx wrote: »
    ChaosHat wrote: »

Geist has disposable breakers and minimal recursion... what is the particular Skorp threat?

Geist runs recursion, usually in the form of Clone Chip, Levy, and Same Old Thing. Two of Geist's weaknesses, depending on your exact breaker suite, are running out of Crowbars to get through codegates on remotes or running out of Shivs to get through stacked sentries. Skorpios is scary because your crowbars and shivs become one use only.

Geist does well in this new meta, and is one of the few Criminals who didn't get hamstrung by the removal of Desperado, Account Siphon, and Temujin Contract, since his econ engine is based on trashables and Tech Traders. Usually he'll run a couple of Levy AR Lab Access as his "restricted" card now, but Clone Chip does remain an option. Skorpios can cause him problems, and he definitely has to plan his trashes in advance rather than the 1-2/turn drip that he'd prefer. You're usually playing at least one copy of normal breakers (or some AI - Mammon or Amaukua) though to help.

Kit and Smoke are both good, solid options right now - honestly, they plus Hayley and Ayla are probably all in the running for best runner period right now. We'll see how Worlds shakes out in a week. Shaper is just in a very good place in the meta right now, with a lot of good tools.

• NisiNisi Registered User regular
    Now bought up to current.

Practicing on J.net before a GNK on Saturday. Thinking of playing a version of the Batty Loop deck on NRDB. Just flatlined a runner by Batty'ing them in to Chetana while I had Fumiko rezzed. They lost the psi game and net damage + meat damage off'd them. Very satisfying.

• EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    Bit worried I'm painting myself into a corner for store championship season by playing nothing but Adam decks.

Thinking more about FFG going digital and them focusing on new games, not board game translations, I would play the everliving shit out of Android: A Telltale Series.

There are now four of us in our local meta playing nothing but Adam. Even the ones that make Regionals cuts.

Send help.

• CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    I'm intrigued, list me.

Variations on "my" GNK list: https://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/46403/you-can-keep-your-hat-on-gnk-winning-adam

Someone was on a slower deck with a full rig and Corporate Defector, but it didn't do well at the GNK so I'd guess he's on a different one now.

There's also a very very aggro deck, but I'm not sure it's for public consumption as the author is taking it to Worlds.

And I should say that I don't think any of us think Adam's better than the various Shaper decks, it's just that it's been surprisingly strong while also being a ton of fun to play.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    That's a respectable spread for corps, I think. 15% is enough of a market share?

The minifactions and Crims both seem to be pretty featureless at the moment. Mostly when I look at them I just shrug and think "why bother?". They could use some big, high influence cards.

8-4 on the day, pretty sure I'll make day 2!

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular

That's a LOT of games.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    Athenor wrote: »

That's a LOT of games.

Six rounds of Swiss? ...Yeah, that's still a lot.

I've done seven rounds once, and you feel like your brain is leaking out your ears by the end.

persona4celestia.jpg
    Yep, placed 35th after day 1! Top 54 make it to day 2. @Cerberus also made it.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular

If you run across either Derrick Billings or Grayson Imran, say hi to them on behalf of Tony. :)

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • CerberusCerberus Registered User regular

I did indeed, currently sitting at 12th on the rankings. Tomorrow is going to be tough!

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    @Cerberus good work dude, good luck for tomorrow!

Wilfy and Alex from down here in australia are doing super well too, I'm stoked

persona4celestia.jpg
    persona4celestia.jpg
    Also Cerbs is currently running commentary over on CodeMarvelous's stream right now.

https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=BNwLdZ6QfNI

persona4celestia.jpg
    edited November 2017
    Wellp. Hayley/CI versus Hayley/CI in the finals.

(Granted, one of them is running Heartbeat as a console...)

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    Wilfy won!!!!! I'm so excited!

PMAvers wrote: »
    Also Cerbs is currently running commentary over on CodeMarvelous's stream right now.

Huh.

It never occurred to me I could shuffle my sleeved cards that way. Everyone I know makes five piles.

Cantido wrote: »

Huh.

It never occurred to me I could shuffle my sleeved cards that way. Everyone I know makes five piles.

For those of us not watching, how did they do it?

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    not for the first time, I'm pretty irritated that it takes FFG like two years to print champ cards

e: actually longer, since we still don't even know what Dan's second card is, do we?

Shorty on
    Athenor wrote: »

Huh.

For those of us not watching, how did they do it?

Well, like ordinary bicycle playing cards.

My sleeves are shitty KMCs so I'm not trying that any time soon.

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular

Huh.

Worth noting that pile shuffling doesn't actually shuffle cards. It's fine if you're doing that in addition to an actual shuffle (mixing the piles together) but just making five piles and then putting them on top of each other is not a shuffle.

I really suck at riffle shuffling regular decks and am even worse with sleeved cards, but overhand shuffling is pretty easy and with sleeved cards it's nearly as random as a riffle.

I pile shuffle to split up clumped cards after a game and then mash shuffle to actually shuffle properly.

I would riffle if I knew how to but I'm really crap/slow at it, so I mash shuffle instead. Just had to work out a way to do it that doesn't split sleeves.

I try not to overhand shuffle because mathematically it's actually really really crap, haha, and that bugs me enough that I don't like doing it.

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Oh yeah when I say "overhand with sleeved cards" I mean mash shuffling. I always forget that has its own term.

yeah my method now is to invert my deck so that the bottom of the sleeves is pointing away from me, split the deck, then loosen one half in my hand and mash the other half into it with the side of the deck intersecting the corner of the other half

minimises the possibility of sleeve damage since the open sides never have any pressure applied to them, and the insertion point being low surface area makes the mash a lot smoother. I can do it about 7 times in 20 seconds at this point, I think.

edited November 2017
    Looks like we’re getting the third Kitara pack announced today, Council of the Crest.

Link

New NBN ID and a couple interesting Crim cards in the link. Also what looks to be the Medium replacement?

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    persona4celestia.jpg