As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

actually discuss music

• ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Faricazy wrote: »
    Projeck wrote: »
    haha I heard Rammstein for the first time today

:^:
    when i was your age i thought they were the absolute shit

yeah uh

i never listen to them anymore

the novelty only goes so far

Oh yeah they are definitely a novelty, I don't think I'm going to buy any albums

Projeck on
  • Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    Man, that song Horse Hunter by Dillinger Escape Plan is fucking crazy.

The pace is changed a good 3 or 4 times.
    DEP got nothin on The Number 12 Looks Like You and Between The Buried and Me in terms of tempo changes

I know I'm a little late on this, but whatever. Selkies: The Endless Obsession is a pretty good example of BtBaM's rapid tempo changes.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • khanatekhanate Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

DEP got nothin on The Number 12 Looks Like You and Between The Buried and Me in terms of tempo changes

I know I'm a little late on this, but whatever. Selkies: The Endless Obsession is a pretty good example of BtBaM's rapid tempo changes.

You guys should hear Naked City.

khanate on
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    haha I heard Rammstein for the first time today

:^:
    when i was your age i thought they were the absolute shit

yeah uh

i never listen to them anymore

the novelty only goes so far

Oh yeah they are definitely a novelty, I don't think I'm going to buy any albums

Rammstein is one of those things I have to be in the mood for.

Laibach too. They're like a much harder version of Rammstein that covers Beatles and Rolling stones songs sometimes.

Metzger Meister on
  • SuperunknownSuperunknown Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Glorfindel wrote: »
    Daft Punk tomorrow!
    It's starting at 5pm, hopefully my boss has left for India by then so I can skip out of work early.

tell me how it is

I see them in Brisbane on the 20th, but some of my mates are flying down to see them tomorrow

Just got back. It was pretty WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

If there were 15,000 people there tonight, I can't imagine what 55,000 at Sydney would be like.

Yeah my mates called me this morning. Said it was un-fucking-believable. They did their Human After All/Together/One More Time/Music Sounds Better With You encore, hey?

Did you go to any of the after parties afterwards? The official ones have Bang Gang, Sebastian and Kavinsky playing, so it would probably be worth the $30.

Busy P and Thomas Bangalter as well I hear.

Superunknown on
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

That's it, I give up on this thread, except to say: Meshuggah.

L|ama on
  • LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2007
    I got a Powerglove album today. For when The Minibosses aren't enough...

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    the hush sound doesn't completely click with me, i don't know

they're good though

Faricazy on
  • RegrettableRegrettable Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I just got a Project Pat album, it's pretty awesome. The man sure loves his coke.

Regrettable on
    cthulhusigcopy-1.png
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    khanate wrote: »

hahahaha
    High five.

So I just got home from a Dethklok show. I wouldn't have gone if it weren't free. Some pretty capable musicians, but too many douchebags on the floor that have never been to a metal show before. They put together some animated material and plot for the show, but there was no way to hear it over people screaming.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I just got a Project Pat album, it's pretty awesome. The man sure loves his coke.
    Anyone that has ever written a good song loves or has loved coke.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GlorfindelGlorfindel Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Daft Punk tomorrow!
    It's starting at 5pm, hopefully my boss has left for India by then so I can skip out of work early.

tell me how it is

I see them in Brisbane on the 20th, but some of my mates are flying down to see them tomorrow

Just got back. It was pretty WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

If there were 15,000 people there tonight, I can't imagine what 55,000 at Sydney would be like.

Yeah my mates called me this morning. Said it was un-fucking-believable. They did their Human After All/Together/One More Time/Music Sounds Better With You encore, hey?

Did you go to any of the after parties afterwards? The official ones have Bang Gang, Sebastian and Kavinsky playing, so it would probably be worth the $30.

Busy P and Thomas Bangalter as well I hear.
    Bangalter? As in the other half of Daft Punk? I'm there.

Glorfindel on
  • Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Has any one ever heard of balance problems?

He used to be the vocalist for the band Sky Eats Airplane but left to do softer stuff. It's better than his old band.

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007

hahahaha
    High five.

So I just got home from a Dethklok show. I wouldn't have gone if it weren't free. Some pretty capable musicians, but too many douchebags on the floor that have never been to a metal show before. They put together some animated material and plot for the show, but there was no way to hear it over people screaming.

Are they still touring with ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead?

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
  • MatatatMatatat Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I just got D-Sides and I love it

Matatat on
    edited December 2007
    Matatat wrote: »

How good is it? Are any of the tracks better than the originals? I've been thinking about picking it up, but have been wary of paying a ridiculous amount for it at the one place in town that stocks it (best buy).

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
  • MatatatMatatat Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I'm not really sure how to rate it, but so far I'm really enjoying and can see myself listening to a lot of the tracks

Matatat on
    edited December 2007

hahahaha
    High five.

I guess not. There weren't any openers at the show. I didn't know that band was even still around.

Aneurhythmia on
    edited December 2007
    Jesus christ.

Fucking scene kids are ruining metal so hard.

• FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    i don't know about any scene kids

hardcore kids ruin most everything round these parts

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
    edited December 2007

hahahaha
    High five.

I guess not. There weren't any openers at the show. I didn't know that band was even still around.

Yep. They're still active. I'd have totally gone just for Dethklok, but ToD would just be icing on the cake.

Also, I just picked up some DevilDriver. So damn good.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
    edited December 2007
    Fallout wrote: »

Pretty much the same thing.

This is what I was speaking of specifically.

edited December 2007
    man scroobus pip is so good

Faricazy on
  • MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

The only ones I've heard were dan le sac vs scroobius pip

Is pip a separate artist

Meissnerd on
  • FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007

oh i meant the skinhead-lookin', baseball cap-wearing type

I've been listening to this band from my town, Warbringer. They're pretty much just a copycat band, but at least they're copying sick 80's thrash like Exodus, Slayer, and Metallica :o

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    doctor steel - back and forth

TyrantCow on
  • EsotericEsoteric Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

How good is it? Are any of the tracks better than the originals? I've been thinking about picking it up, but have been wary of paying a ridiculous amount for it at the one place in town that stocks it (best buy).

For a second B-sides album it’s surprisingly brilliant. Two songs are outstanding & equally as good as anything released under the Gorillaz name. Hong Kong is sparse & delicate & Stop the Dams has a truly gorgeous melody. The rest doesn’t match the dizzy heights of those two & naturally there are a few underdeveloped & half baked ideas, but overall it’s a worthy purchase.

Esoteric on
    edited December 2007
    Meissnerd wrote: »

Is pip a separate artist
    he is the rapper. dan made the beats in their collab.

also they went on the british version of idol and were turned down. dan pretended to cry. hahaha.

Faricazy on
    edited December 2007

hahahaha
    High five.

Yep. They're still active. I'd have totally gone just for Dethklok, but ToD would just be icing on the cake.

Also, I just picked up some DevilDriver. So damn good.
    You and I do not see eye to eye in some matters.

Aneurhythmia on
    edited December 2007
    Esoteric wrote: »

For a second B-sides album it’s surprisingly brilliant. Two songs are outstanding & equally as good as anything released under the Gorillaz name. Hong Kong is sparse & delicate & Stop the Dams has a truly gorgeous melody. The rest doesn’t match the dizzy heights of those two & naturally there are a few underdeveloped & half baked ideas, but overall it’s a worthy purchase.
    what i wrote about it a while back:
    By the way, somebody mentioned the Gorillaz D-Sides. Here is my review:

So the album is divided into two parts, the first is gorillaz songs and the second are some remixes of demon days songs.

Since it's a sides album it doesn't mesh as a whole but that's expected because of their wide styles range. Some pretty good songs, specifically 68 State, HongKongatron, We Are Happy Landfill, and i guess Spitting Out The Demons as well but only because it reminds me of the old MIB cartoon theme. The rest are pretty meh.

The second half of the album are the mixes. Honestly, all except two suck. A remix should offer a different perspective on the song and not just move some sounds around. The only two I liked are Dare (Junior Sanchez Remix) which adds a prominent guitar riff soundtrack, and Dirty Harry (Schtung Chinese New Year Remix) which is entirely in chinese and adds flutes and it might be the best song on the entire album behind MAYBE 68 State.

edit: though i've warmed up to Stop the Dams since then.

Faricazy on
    edited December 2007

oh i meant the skinhead-lookin', baseball cap-wearing type
    Yeah, we've got those too.

Portland actually has a full on militant SxE hardcore crew. Most of they guys are pretty nice if you don't smoke or drink around them. If you do I have seen them put the boots to a kid

edit: To bad that band is playing with Goatwhore, Fallout, they are not to bad.

edited December 2007
    Meissnerd wrote: »

Is pip a separate artist
    he is the rapper. dan made the beats in their collab.

also they went on the british version of idol and were turned down. dan pretended to cry. hahaha.
    hahaha whooops it appears to be a spoof

cool

Faricazy on
    edited December 2007
    You and I do not see eye to eye in some matters.

Not a DevilDriver fan, I'm assuming?

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
    edited December 2007
    DevilDriver is terrible.

edited December 2007
    I didn't think I would like it at first. Turns out I was wrong. Just another thing to attribute to my eclectic tastes.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    my ears are burning

PiptheFair on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited December 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
    edited December 2007
    I can't believe people claim that Goatwhore is the height of US black metal. They're boring and Sammy Duet should be ashamed of himself.

Aneurhythmia on
    edited December 2007
    I can't believe people claim that Goatwhore is the height of US black metal. They're boring and Sammy Duet should be ashamed of himself.
    I had the misfortune of seeing them live a bit ago and it was the most boring live performance I have ever seen. There are so many better US Black Metal bands

• Carl with a KCarl with a K Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    the best songs on d-sides are rockit and we are happy landfill

Carl with a K on
This discussion has been closed.