As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Child's Play Trivia Australia 2017

SmuffySmuffy Registered User regular
edited October 2017 in PAX Australia
Amazing humans, automata and other sentient creatures capable of consuming language!

For the fourth year running, Child's Play Trivia Australia will be returning to Games Laboratory on the Wednesday before PAX Aus (25 October)! We've made $16955 over the first 3 years, and I'd love to crack $2200 with this year's event (we're nearly there on ticket sales alone).

My humblest apologies for neglecting to post info here before we were under two weeks' out, especially as all the tables are booked and there's just 11 LFG[1] tickets left! I have no excuse other than my own distractedness and will endeavour to do better next year.

That said, we've over $8000 worth of prizes and auction items on offer, and we're continuing our Remote Raffle from last year, so even if you can't make it you can still get some cash to the kids in exchange for a chance to win over $500 worth of prizes!

Watch this thread for updates on auction items, other raffle packs, and a general amping up of the Hype as the night approaches!

For a TL:DR on details and tickets, head here: https://cptaus.squarespace.com/details/

If you'd like to grab some Remote Raffle tickets, head here: https://cptaus.squarespace.com/play-at-home/

Hope I see some of you there! If you've attended previous events and want to tell everyone how awesome it is, feel free to jump onto the comments and wax lyrical. If you attended a past event weren't a fan, maybe just... go out for a walk? It's a nice day. How about a cup of tea?

Be well, all!

Euan aka Gilligan

[1] LFG, as the acronym implies, are tickets for people Looking For a Group. People without a full table, who just want to turn up and be matched with whoever else is around. Alternatively, if you're quick, you could buy 8 of them and form an unnumbered, rogue table. You'd probably be a Band of Misfits with Nothing to Lose and Everything to Prove. I suspect, although I can't be 100% sure, that you'd be scrappy. Dare I say plucky? I think I dare.

Smuffy on

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Good peoples!

We're a week out, and there are but 9 tickets left for the event, with the 3 remaining Table 5 seats essentially functioning as LFG tickets at this time. The rest of the tickets on that table are held by PAX Pokemon League peoples, so it'll be a happy and fun bunch to possibly win trivia with?

If you're wondering what auction items we have this time around, how about:

- MtG SDCC Amonkhet foil planeswalkers
    - MtG HASCON 3 card exclusive set
    - D&D Party Pack (basically just a BUNCH of D&D rules books, as well as 4 copies of the Player's Guide)
    - a Carl Automata Kickstarter exclusive Pinny Arcade pin
    - a GIANT FREAKIN' MINDFLAYER HEAD (made of foam and mounted on a trophy board)
    - a Fallout 4 Vault Dweller Orientation pack (care of one of our awesome attendees)
    - a complete set of PAX West tickets (not airfares, though, just so you know).

There'll also be MASSIVE prize packs for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, a bunch of raffles, a cosplay contest, art challenge and general fun and games.

Plus, ALL of the money we collect goes to Child's Play.

Why not grab a ticket to attend or some remote raffle tickets?

[Edit was because there's no such number as "12st". :) ]

Smuffy on
  • Options
    IMSanchoIMSancho Registered User regular
    I've gone the last two years and this event is one of the absolute highlights of my PAX trip, definitely worth flying down early for.

• Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    If at all possible, you all should attend this. I am totally not biased in any way. :P

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    vonhistvonhist Mr Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    This will be my first cpt, really looking forward to it. Makes Pax Aus go over 5 days (include prepax games day and prepax dinner. Woot!!!

• Options
    vonhist wrote: »
    This will be my first cpt, really looking forward to it. Makes Pax Aus go over 5 days (include prepax games day and prepax dinner. Woot!!!

Hope we can live up to it. We're trying to avoid finishing at 2300 this year, so there's that. :)

It's a more streamlined approach (no AV, no "special" table rounds), just 5 rounds of read-out questions, some auctions, a cosplay contest, raffles and FUN FUN FUN!!!! :)

• Options
    Just 4 tickets left for the night, but plenty for the Remote Raffle if you're not able to make it (or even if you are).

Head over here for tickets to the night:
    https://www.trybooking.com/book/event?eid=310721&bof=1

Or here for info on the Remote Raffle and a link to tickets:
    http://www.cptaus.com/play-at-home/

:)

• Options
    vonhistvonhist Mr Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    This was a hell of a lot of fun. Thanks for running!