As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

2017 PAX Unplugged Inaugural Challenge Coin Thread

• itzzzdaeitzzzdae So. Cali.Registered User regular
    Not a graphic artist but, I would like to see how the following would look like.
    1. D20 art with text "in D20 we trust"
    2. Meeple art with text "in Meeple we trust"
    3. RNGesus art with text "trust in the roll" (most likely this won't pass, but still would like to see)

4rYn4o8.png
  • SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Okay Folks, We've not heard from Robirex in a while, and time is running out to get these coins made on time, so I'm throwing up a quick poll, let's get some votes in!
    It's only 3 questions, check the OP for the various mockups of each type. Next poll will go for more detail.
    HERE'S THE POLL

Edit: Hopefully Robirex shows back up and can use the poll results.

SutibunRi on
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Thanks for jumping in SutibunRi

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    edited October 2017
    Hey Folks,
    18 votes over the past 4 days, I could wait longer, but honestly, the coin is already behind schedule, and most of the results are overwhelming, so, results!

Landmark Side:
    Liberty Bell: 61.1%
    Independence Hall: 11.1%
    Rocky Statue 16.7%
    Skyline: 11.1%

Gaming Side:
    Agricola: 11.1%
    Settlers of Catan 55.6%
    Dungeons and Dragons: 22.2%
    Flashpoint: 0%
    Pandemic: 11.1%

Hex Shaped Coin:
    Yes: 38.9%
    No: 44.4%
    Whatever: 16.7%

POLL, Round 2!

SutibunRi on
  • catheraainecatheraaine Web Developer OhioRegistered User new member
    Has nothing been said about the legality of printing random art found online?

Try to get art images you’ve either paid for (check Etsy or patreaon), or perhaps look for a Creative Commons free (no credit) licensed work.

Here is one example of free use images, and I think he has some game themed ones. Just google a bit for others:

http://gratisography.com/

wAsKA6u.png
    It's been brought up, but generally regarded that these pictures are just ideas, not definite uses of the art. Iirc

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • catheraainecatheraaine Web Developer OhioRegistered User new member
    Okay, I do see some notes about getting original designs. I’d be happy to help google around for something if needed, but I hardly ever check the forums.

wAsKA6u.png
  • DigitalCarnageDigitalCarnage CEO Orion Hosting LLC VARegistered User regular
    Are we going to have time to get them made. I want in for 3 regardless of design

dK28F6R.png
    Kiddercorp asked for us to get them initial designs 6 weeks before future events, we're not exactly on schedule, but if we can get things wrapped up by Friday, we'll be at 5 weeks..

As we had no interest sheet put up for Unplugged like I generally have for East, I have no idea the actual number of people interested in one or more coins, my plan was to be conservative and just get an initial order of 100 coins (minimum order size.)

But instead, here's a quick little form, toss in your username/email address, the number of coins you want to buy, and it'll help me figure out if I should get a higher initial run printed.

Interest Form

Well, 1 fewer votes on round 2 than round 1 had, but a clear Landmark winner already. Option 3. Had 47% of the votes.

Gaming:
    I split the vote on Wood for Sheep by putting 2 different options in. Combined the 2 have the same vote total as Option 1 does on its own.
    So I guess Option 1 wins with 35.3% of the vote!

Metal: Black Nickel got 4 flat out votes.
    Antique Copper got 3.33 votes. (Some people couldn't just decide on one metal.)
    Not sure if I should count that as a full vote and call it a tie, or go with Black Nickel.
    Thoughts?

I'm fine with accepting that black nickel got more dedicated votes and would win.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • RILMSRILMS North BayRegistered User regular
    Can you put the options that won up, I forgot what they look like.

A Black Nickle coin would look awesome :D

OtyHMcu.jpg
    edited October 2017
    Edit: SutibunRi posted it.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
    edited October 2017
    The winners are
    cdy2chj8058s.jpg
    and
    a6dkpl3xdt3l.jpg

edit: I hadn't realized that turning off 'accepting votes' on the form completely hid the sheet, my bad.

SutibunRi on
    Can we ask Kiddercorp to enlarge the image slightly to fill the center? Then the blank areas will look like additional hexagons and not empty space.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Can we also zoom out on the bell just the slightest amount so it's not cut off? None of the options had it perfectly centered and filling, the other options were like super far away.

• eloelo That guy over there... Smoke stack central, NJRegistered User regular
    Filled out an interest form, almost missed out on this one. Would love to get one since new PAX's are rare....

0j92muX.png
  • LilRuubLilRuub Registered User regular
    I second the comments above.
    * Zoom in on the Catan side till the corners touch the inner circle.
    * Zoom out on the Liberty Bell so that it is not cut off.
    * and I totally missed that there was an interest form. I filled in my request.

• DragonDragon Registered User regular
    Will there be a mock up with non-pax south Info on it? Also when can I order??? :3

• RILMSRILMS North BayRegistered User regular
    Dragon wrote: »
    Will there be a mock up with non-pax south Info on it?

Once the ideas get sent to Kiddercorp, they will put the correct information on it :)

OtyHMcu.jpg
    Okay, I've sent the order off to Kiddercorp, I ended up having a bit of Life come up Friday that got in the way of sending the order off as promptly as I'd have liked.

edited October 2017
    Hey SutibunRi I hope i am not too late.
    if possible can you add 6 coins to the order. 3 color and 3 regular.
    Thanks

DigitalCarnage on
    dK28F6R.png
    The order form will be going up by the end of the week, just waiting on kiddercorp to send me a current price list and their mockup.
    I did zoom out and in respectively the images on the coins to remove some dead space and show the full bell before I sent the images off.

Nobody should worry about us not having enough coins, minimum order size is quite a bit larger than the interest currently shown.

Any word from Kiddercorp @SutibunRi ?

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    edited November 2017
    Oh, yeah, I heard from them Friday night, approved the following design, and they've sent it to the factory.
    Mod edit: removed large image embed, changed to link
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/lp/zpyehwnd40nn.jpg
    Yes, it's a different liberty bell photo than we were looking at, but it looks pretty good, and none of that distracting background.
    The Catan side is zoomed in perhaps more than anticipated, but in line with the feel that was suggested.

zerzhul on
  • tasiewbaotasiewbao New York CityRegistered User regular
    Hi, I just came across this thread. How would one go about obtaining one of these coins?

• zRychzRych Registered User regular
    tasiewbao wrote: »
    Hi, I just came across this thread. How would one go about obtaining one of these coins?

The order form should go up soon just keep checking this post and you'll see it when it goes up

• iltailta Registered User regular
    these look great. thanks for taking it over the finish line!

I just got final pricing from kiddercorp, I'll get the order form set up as soon I get back home from work. (~7 hours from now) regular coins are $5, Color are $6.

edited October 2017
    I don't tend to make fancy forms.. with that said, Here is what you've all been waiting for!

Order Form!

If anything is confusing, let me know, I'll try to fix it. (It's all clear to me.. but I wrote it, and there is always at least 1 person who gets confused)

SutibunRi on
    Are these shipping direct from Kiddercorp? Or is pickup at PAX possible?

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    Order Placed for 6 coins.
    Thanks

dK28F6R.png
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I see that shipping address is mandatory. Is pickup at the event not an option?

What is this I don't even.
    edited November 2017
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Are these shipping direct from Kiddercorp? Or is pickup at PAX possible?

Shipping from Kiddercorp.
    PAX pickup requires a certain level of logistics I can't even come close to organizing... in no small part because I am not actually attending Unplugged.
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I see that shipping address is mandatory. Is pickup at the event not an option?
    Unfortunately not. see above for the main reason.

And just to keep this readily visible:

Order Form!

and a thing I forgot to share.
    Mod edit: removed large image embed, changed to link
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/m4/hc2bg74nuwx0.jpg

zerzhul on
  • tasiewbaotasiewbao New York CityRegistered User regular
    In for 3 coins. Thanks!

• zRychzRych Registered User regular
    In for 6 coins (2 colored, 4 non colored). Can't wait to see how these turn out!! Thanks SutibunRi for taking over!!

• EchoZeroEchoZero Registered User regular
    Thanks for finishing this out @SutibunRi! Got 4 regular and 2 colored.

• ltgruntltgrunt Registered User regular
    Ordered 3 - 2 plain / 1 painted.
    Thanks, SutibunRi!

mkf6ad9.png
  • iltailta Registered User regular
    ordered one of each, as is my custom

• eloelo That guy over there... Smoke stack central, NJRegistered User regular
    Nice. Ordered 2 color ones. Thanks again @SutibunRi

0j92muX.png
This discussion has been closed.