As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Camp Comic] Monday, October 23, 2017 - Like Father Like Son

2»

• ZyxxZyxx Registered User regular
    Now here's a question: if Malachi actually says "donor", and Linus actually knows how all that works... should Linus tell him?
    Mal's idealized father is someone to look up to and imitate, which is something everyone (especially a kid) needs... but the burden of impossible expectations has clearly messed him up, and maybe it'd be good for him to accept that the crap his mom told him is just want she wanted to believe.

• SkizzSkizz Registered User regular
    So Malachi is part Lebanese?

• prime_pmprime_pm Registered User regular
    Blitzen is trying to cover for himself.

• DonroeDonroe Registered User new member
    I am loving this webcomic. Didn't really like Malachi until now--the back stories make all the difference. Oh, and just a note, I run a children's summer camp and they are not all like the one depicted in the comic :D

• MIJackelMIJackel Registered User regular
    No one said Blit'zen was literate. Maybe he spelled it wrong. We know he has many children.

• Candide ScaramoucheCandide Scaramouche Registered User new member
    Like LASIK, artificial insemination should never be chosen on the basis of the biggest coupon discounts.

• tinwatchmantinwatchman Registered User regular
    So this whole time, Malachi's mom raised him to compare himself to a man she never even met. That's just... wow.

• Dark JaguarDark Jaguar Registered User regular
    If they don't get out of the deep soon, it'll be a Donor Party all up ons.

• Peter RoganPeter Rogan Registered User regular
    Of course, Malachi will never realize that his dad, like him, is a magnificent poseur whose best accomplishments all took place without witnesses. That would be too self-knowledgeable, and Malachi is nothing if not that. Ponder those words carefully.

• hajenhajen Registered User regular
    Warning: this post might make you feel old, I know I did when I realized how old this was.
    I was listening to my music catalog, when this ditty by Alanis caught my ear; based on the speculation about Mal's mom, it might be apropos.
    https://youtu.be/9h9szVNF0Ug

• KatieJRiceKatieJRice Registered User regular
    Wah!! I loved that song when I was young. T___T

• Peter RoganPeter Rogan Registered User regular
    Hajen: We're all living in Liz Phair's world. We're just too dazed to realize there's no way out.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    xUsako wrote: »
    SIXyt wrote: »
    What do I need to do to legally adopt Mal?

step 1: be 2d :c

But @xUsako, @SIXyt can't be 2D; @Pink_Freud's already using that avatar. :P

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Well, that explains everything. Malachai's father left him for a Japanese stockbroker named Kanzaki.

• samojasamoja Registered User new member
    Wow, i mean there are a lot of shitty parents in this comic, you have to be in order to drop your kid off in the wildness to fend for themselves, that's all kinds of fucked up all on it's own (also how are this parents keeping this camp a secret, i can't imagine this being legal unless that world went to shit big time). But Malachi's mom is in a whole different category, seriously, going out and getting a kid as single mother is highly controversial on it's own, but then dumping that kid off to die somewhere in the wildness when he does not turn out exactly the way you imagined him is... i have no words for that.