As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo] Let's do the odyssey

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    my odyssey download currently appears frozen at 1%

When was the last time your Switch was fully powered down and not just in sleep? Rebooting it fully solves a lot of weird issues

I mean, servers could also just be slammed but that seems uncharacteristically bad for them

i rebooted it and restarted

now it's at 4 percent

I'd probably take a nap I doubt you'll be playing for like an hour anyway

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    my odyssey download currently appears frozen at 1%

When was the last time your Switch was fully powered down and not just in sleep? Rebooting it fully solves a lot of weird issues

I mean, servers could also just be slammed but that seems uncharacteristically bad for them

i rebooted it and restarted

now it's at 4 percent

See? Quadrupled your progress. I'm helping!

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I appreciate that I'll be able to experience this game via the proxy of twitter

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    aaaaaaaaaaaaand now it lost connection and won't reconnect

so

cool.

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    The Switch has garbage tier wifi. It's the only thing I've ever owned that can't get a good connection everywhere in the house. I had to buy an extender and put it right next to the dock, otherwise it just won't connect, or it downloads like it's on a 56k modem.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    The Switch has garbage tier wifi. It's the only thing I've ever owned that can't get a good connection everywhere in the house. I had to buy an extender and put it right next to the dock, otherwise it just won't connect, or it downloads like it's on a 56k modem.

word

thankfully mine docks like right next to my router now but before that it couldn't connect at all

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Well the 3ds was stuck at 33KBS for downloads no matter the source

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    DWKtWjol.jpg

Oh we can always get higher, Cappy.

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular

I can't play Wolf yet, because I bought the X1 version, and I don't have one until the X1X arrives, so I guess it's Mario time

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

Mine's been fine (albeit, small apartment), but I'm pretty sure Speed's issues were server-side not client-side.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I haven't been watching the recent trailers so I don't know if this has already been shown but

Sand Kingdom Capture
    Those statue things involve you putting on sunglasses to see invisible stuff. I hope that's a deliberate shout-out.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Oh wow, I wasn't expecting that BJ figure to be like old 60's GI Joe size.

Also, I didn't know there was a Best Buy preorder bonus coin until just now. My dumb brain wants one to match my Zelda coin even though I know it's just gonna sit in the closet like my Zelda one.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    wonder what's going on with Nintendo people on the eve of the launch of the new installment in their flagship franchise as well as throwing a massive party in the biggest city in America

oh

It makes me happy to see other fans of the Police

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular

Reminds me of my Wii

and Wii U

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    So I canceled my physical copy of Mario that I preordered from Amazon but kept the Wolfenstein. Wolfenstein just showed up and Mario was in the package with it. I have not been charged my Amazon for this Mario.

Huh. Might see if one of my students at school with a switch would like a free copy of Mario.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    wow is Odyssey really aware how bad you wanna see New Donk City

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Pro-tip: Don't run into cacti

22829457_10107345802928892_4333139354672322491_o.jpg?oh=79c13156a93954a4f230da8bf298ebcc&oe=5AAF627D

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »

Also, I didn't know there was a Best Buy preorder bonus coin until just now. My dumb brain wants one to match my Zelda coin even though I know it's just gonna sit in the closet like my Zelda one.

The Best Buy I went to was out of posters so they gave me the coin instead, I didn't even pre-order anything.

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    The moment the theme song actually shows up rules

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular

The Best Buy I went to was out of posters so they gave me the coin instead, I didn't even pre-order anything.

My store got a huge surplus of both

As far as the coin goes, it's been zeroing out with purchases of the game, pre-ordered or not, so we've just set the pre-order ones aside and been giving them away with the game

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Like if I went after work I might be able to get one kinda surplus?

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Preorder cancelled

• Options
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular

Brand cross-pollination will destroy us all

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Gotta say, Bowser is making that suit work

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Speaking of characters with fresh new looks, Pauline is, uh...
    0h51ifyyty1q.jpgtmfx06ssg5mt.jpg
    yowza.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Bullet Bill controls being sometimes tank controls and sometimes analog directions can be super frustrating

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Goddamn, the Luncheon Kingdom is gorgeous

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »

Brand cross-pollination will destroy us all

Wolfenstein is The One Good Brand though.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Impressions from messing around like 20 minutes:
    Damn is the map being a travel brochure charming.
    Possessing things doesn't seem enjoyable.
    Kinda surprised Bowser doesn't speak English.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Between Persona 5 and Nintendo I'm glad that S T Y L E is back in video games

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    The wait to get out of work and go play Mario is crushing.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    Between Persona 5 and Nintendo I'm glad that S T Y L E is back in video games
    uvhsgkb8ffsj.png

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    I picked up a Switch/Odyssey bundle today from Target. I was worried that they would be hard to come by closer to Christmas so I made sure I had one now.

But now my wife won’t let me play it until Christmas.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    golf story update: putting is bullshit

that is all

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Like if I went after work I might be able to get one kinda surplus?

As of right now? Yeah, absolutely

This discussion has been closed.