As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

7 Days to Die

• Options
    BladeXBladeX Registered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    BladeX wrote: »
    I can't seem to find it for some reason.

its under modded servers, not vanilla.

Ooooh thanks! What mods are running I don't seem to see that listed.

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular

I think its under modded cause it runs non-vanilla settings. not mods.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Well my great luck continues with starting on servers. Started at night in the middle of the desert and managed to get to a house and quit before either heat stroke or a day 3 roaming hoard got me.

BladeX on
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    I started to fix up a tower in a big town. If you see one patched up with wood blocks and a door on the front, come on in! Supplies are in the fridge.

• Options
    Gennenalyse RuebenGennenalyse Rueben The Prettiest Boy is Ridiculously Pretty Registered User regular
    Huh, I was just thinking of booting this up again. I might sneak onto this server here soon and check things out.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I gave it a couple attempts to settle a house next to one of the traders but wasn't able to clear the zombs in my first two tries, and now I am le tired.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Are we all in the same area?

Desert trader near a lake, not far from a town?

• Options
    Gennenalyse RuebenGennenalyse Rueben The Prettiest Boy is Ridiculously Pretty Registered User regular
    That sounds a lot like where I ended up starting near, yeah.

• Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular

I think its under modded cause it runs non-vanilla settings. not mods.

Correctamundo. Changing any of the default settings causes it to appear "modded." I have no "mods" (in the traditional sense) running, but I am open to suggestions.

Those of you that have been on it, how's the experience so far? I ran into some bugs last time I stood up a server where random gen worlds would randomly crash the server. I take it that's not happening?

• Options
    edited October 2017
    I find it infinitely infuriating that crafting gas into a barrel (for storage purposes) takes 5 freaking minutes, but crafting a barrel into gas takes seconds.

I got like 100k gas at this point, and i'm not spending 3 months waiting for compression.

edit
    Also annoyed that zombies can fist through concrete. Concrete should be immune to everything but special zombies that like explode or belch acid.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    Hello survivors!

Just FYI: I am in the process of negotiating a lower monthly payment for my current internet service. My current plan is 300 down/20 up and thanks to the power of marketing and "yelling at customer service" I am now supposed to be getting 500 down / 35 up.

This may require a couple router/modem reboots to take effect, so if you some spotty connections today/tonight just bear with me.

• Options
    *looks at his 40 down/10 up..cries*

• Options
    SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    I haven't played much of this game so I'm a total noob. But I'm holed up in a house around 1438N, 434E. I don't have a lot of health left, and there were some zombies I was unable to kill in the attic. I have a bow, found a pistol which I fired till dry trying to clear out the basement I'm in. Also found a gun locker, but it's locked and I have no way to break in right now.

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Saw this thread and realised I owned this but have never played it so thought I would give it a whirl. Server doesn't appear to be listed though? Im on the modded page

• Options
    Hm. Should be? I'll double check to see if it's up and/or needs a patch. Stay tuned...

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I was in for a bit 2 nights ago. No one else was on and I got proper nom'd.

• Options
    Okay, server didn't need any updates, but I restarted it for good measure anyways. Who knows; with the changes to my broadband plan maybe it got knackered up somewhere.

I just checked from a separate PC not on my network that it does show up, at least in the Steam server browser. Let me know if it still doesn't for you.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Weirdly its not appearing in either the ingame or the steam browser for me. Is there an i.p so i can try directly connecting?

Edit: it also seems every time I search for servers it kills my internet connection. I'm guessing it's sending too many requests to the router. It's probably why I can't see the server, it's maybe never getting that far in it's search before it's throttled.

Norgoth on
  • Options
    Norgoth wrote: »
    Weirdly its not appearing in either the ingame or the steam browser for me. Is there an i.p so i can try directly connecting?

Edit: it also seems every time I search for servers it kills my internet connection. I'm guessing it's sending too many requests to the router. It's probably why I can't see the server, it's maybe never getting that far in it's search before it's throttled.

Well that's strange. Try the following IP: 50.4.231.41

Note that I don't have a dedicated IP, so if I lose this one you'll need to ask me again... but I am going to work on getting a dynamic DNS entry set up for it.

• Options
    Norgoth wrote: »

Well that's strange. Try the following IP: 50.4.231.41

Note that I don't have a dedicated IP, so if I lose this one you'll need to ask me again... but I am going to work on getting a dynamic DNS entry set up for it.

This worked fine, now its on my history I can just join that way. Built a small house on the border between a desert and ice biome. Man this game is way harder than most survival games.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Just started.

A cactus drew first blood. Ouch.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Just started.

Yeah I hate that, running through the desert and randomly taking cactus damage

• Options
    Just started.

It's the price you pay for the simplest, most abundant food supply in the game.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Just started.

it's not random.

you're body slamming a cactus! you're terrible people!

• Options
    Now I'm just picturing someone mosh pitting cactuses and it's the worst.

• Options
    Now I'm just picturing someone mosh pitting cactuses and it's the worst.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O5UhZb0_cQ

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Would you guys recommend the starvation mod?

I really want to dive in and do some farming. Get a shotgun, tame a dog and some cattle, play as the crazy looking old man, sit on my porch and observe zombies falling into death traps while watching my sorghum grow, etc.

Seems like it would supplement that well.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    Would you guys recommend the starvation mod?

I really want to dive in and do some farming. Get a shotgun, tame a dog and some cattle, play as the crazy looking old man, sit on my porch and observe zombies falling into death traps while watching my sorghum grow, etc.

Seems like it would supplement that well.

That's like, my day-to-day in real life

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Despite bloody diarrhea's attempts to fell me, I made it to the seventh day and with some close calls, managed to survive.

Mostly thanks to wood spikes and some last minute blunderbuss and ammo crafting.

Good stuff. Been scraping by to survive in the little house I found, barely moving away from it just long enough to scavenge close nearby areas and mine resources. Haven't really had any opportunities to really wander off but hoping the next six days I got that sort of breathing room now that I'm not in danger of dying to heat stroke and have a healthy source of food.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    The dead have risen.

A friend gifted me this one the other week and I have been playing it non stop.
    Currently at Alpha 17.
    Was some really nice changes in that release. The skill tree completely revamped and gaining points to unlock perks has changed. You get a point per level and can unlock a perk in various trees.

Perception (most of your shooting combat and scavenging goes here)
    Strength (melee combat and how much damage you do do bricks/resources from bricks)
    Fortitude (health, armor based skills)
    Agility (movement speed, stamina, stealth)
    Intelligence (Crafting, tech unlocks, barter)

Lots of higher tier stuff is level gated too so you cant just rush Intelligence to get forged steel unlocked.

Lots of new visuals and redo's of structures, building layouts etc.

if you havent played in awhile check it out again.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    I still love this game, it's real solid with friends too.

Been trying to convince some of my friends to install and give it a go, I think most have it from a humble bundle.

Just had my 3rd horde night on my current play, that went really well. So far they havent started throwing zombie cops at me yet, will continue to reinforce my base with concrete walls so when they do start showing up in force my retrofitted cabin will stay in one piece.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    XantomasXantomas Registered User regular
    I'm a big fan of 7 Days and have been playing off and on for years. I forgot this thread existed!

Here's an Alpha 17 tip I wish I knew earlier. Lootable tree stumps are gone, but the new tree stumps will sometimes give you some honey if you chop them down.

• Options
    I need to get a server going for this again maybe. So good with friends.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    yea just too much time playing this game, making forged steel gear, I can make a 4x4 now, working on setting up shotgun turrets for defense along two other walls but I need more batteries or engines to power things. Seeing more cops and a few radiated zombie types popping up when I go exploring but I am playing on a lower difficulty so I am not getting slam dunked by sprinting feral wights and what not.

Ill likely end this session after I hit 100 and make a gyrocopter, its been a good training run seeing various abilities and such. I am really impressed with how good barbwire is, it tends to last a fair bit while zombies try to trudge through, I lose wood and iron spikes more than I do barbwire.

my house is surrounded by a concrete wall, barbwire and spikes two sides are protected by blade traps, one of those sides has an electric fence setup as well. I dropped candy tin mines over various points around the wall too. I like them because they dont really damage near by defensive structures and are relatively cheap to make (compared to other ones that also require springs)

As mentioned earlier the other two sides have a shotgun turret watching along the wall. LIkely will build a submachine gun turret or two once it is unlocked.

Next new session ill dial up the difficulty a bit, likely just leave most things the same but allow zombies to run at night (even though I disagree completely with the concept of running zombies, sorry Zac Synder.)

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    MandresMandres Registered User regular
    Yea, I think the game would lose a lot of tension if zombies didn't run at night. That's one option to keep checked for sure. I haven't checked out alpha 17 yet, I'll probably reinstall this weekend.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Mandres wrote: »
    Yea, I think the game would lose a lot of tension if zombies didn't run at night. That's one option to keep checked for sure. I haven't checked out alpha 17 yet, I'll probably reinstall this weekend.

It does tbh, but you could always crank up the difficulty to insane to give the zombies more tank. Having them run just makes nighttime kinda boring if you cant do much except deal with a wanderer here and there.

Jogging zombies though at least give you a chance and makes them more dangerous at the same time.

New Alpha 17 patch made some more changes with skill trees, reintroduced being wet, tweaked stamina use for melee and a few other things. Pathfinding for the zombies gets altered everytime so what worked as an effective zombie defense last patch, might be right out this patch.

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Not sure if anyone still plays this, but Sheriff Eli playing with the latest update has created Helm's Deep Correctional Facility.

• Options
    Alexadre101Alexadre101 Registered User new member
    Anyone playing this game now?

• Options
    BethalizBethaliz Registered User regular
    edited April 5
    In my opinion, 7 Days to Die is the best survival horror game. Sadly, the game is still in the Alpha edition, and that makes it unstable sometimes. They have updates that make it better, but it would be good if they released the full game one day. The most stable way to play the game now is with dedicated servers. Dedicated servers are a bargain now on sites like 7d2d. The price starts from $6.

Bethaliz on