As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Candy Corn Vampires, Hocus Pocus, And Other Signs That It's [Halloween]

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    HOLY SHIT

The host of this party has made an entire Battle-shots load-out just for me.

Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Edit: Here is a brief message from the host.
    We have set up several different games for this event including battleshot, jenga, beer pong, kings cup and drinko.

We have a few different drink ideas, but I'm going to ask everyone to bring a 6 pack of their favorite beer or cider or other alcoholic beverage.

We will be doing a bit of drinking, so plan for that. We have spare beds for anyone who wants or needs to stay, and we'll have breakfast for those who stay the night.

We would I pass up this up? WHY!?!?!

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Robertcop

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I want to watch robot vampire so bad now

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    HOLY SHIT

We have set up several different games for this event including battleshot, jenga, beer pong, kings cup and drinko.

We have a few different drink ideas, but I'm going to ask everyone to bring a 6 pack of their favorite beer or cider or other alcoholic beverage.

We will be doing a bit of drinking, so plan for that. We have spare beds for anyone who wants or needs to stay, and we'll have breakfast for those who stay the night.

Man this sounds amazing. I love it when party havers are responsible and encourage folks to stay the night

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Guess I will post this too

tu9uu2ct0a6m.jpg

This is a Wintercroft Hector mask modified with tea lights, two halves of a clear christmas ornament, the top of a salt shaker, and a led used to light wine bottles

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Now to figure out if I paint it at all and what to wear with it

Maybe make some oragami fish and use wires to have them swim around my head?

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    HOLY SHIT

Man this sounds amazing. I love it when party havers are responsible and encourage folks to stay the night

I did this sort of thing all the time back when I threw house parties in college. It bums me out that I don't really have the ability to do so anymore. Especially because I have some great diners near my apartment, the hangover breakfasts would be phenomenal.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Now to figure out if I paint it at all and what to wear with it

Maybe make some oragami fish and use wires to have them swim around my head?

You can never go wrong with a creepy mask and a suit, if you ask me.

Edit: although actually a dress may be more appropriate for an angler fish.

Straightzi on
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    robo vampire rules

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    Robo Vampire 2 is available on prime video

• Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Just saw a guy cruising on a big ol' Harley motorcycle in DC with a skeleton riding pillion. 'Tis the season.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    Just saw a guy cruising on a big ol' Harley motorcycle in DC with a skeleton riding pillion. 'Tis the season.

aw man he's gonna be so spooked when he gets to his destination and sees the big scary skeleton that's been behind him this whole time!!

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Or that his friend has been cursed by a djinn and their skeleton betrayed them by ripping its way out of their body, an impressive feat while maintaining balance on a motorcycle

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Mortal Sky wrote: »

aw man he's gonna be so spooked when he gets to his destination and sees the big scary skeleton that's been behind him this whole time!!

Don't look now, but there is a spooky skeleton inside you.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    I can't stop thinking about this costume

BX06wJZCMAAXwfP.png

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Costume idea I cannot execute this year but might try for next year: sci-fi bounty hunter with a bunch of Minion pelts.

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Daughter is going as Princess Poppy from 'Trolls'. Couldn't think of a good match for me until this week.

Ordered a chefs jacket, chef hat, and a burgundy apron. Will add a grill fork and fanny pack to go as a Bergen chef.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Sitting in the intermission right now for an Alien/The Thing double feature in Boston

Turns out Alien is still great

• GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    real stoked to walk the trail to the party like this

22791615_10213018881399826_4675114217695142279_o.jpg?oh=fae4af00a988cdaac8714eb72e6e7218&oe=5A76E91B

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    there was a doggy Halloween party at my apartment complex tonight and I was feeling broke and uncreative and my friend said 'fuck it wrap him in foil and call him a burrito' so I did a bit better and used a Home Chef cooler bag (we were using it as a cooler in the car) cut and taped to fit with the white innards as potato and a little pat of butter on top so he was a baked puptato. it lasted about five minutes before it tore off while he was running around in sheer dog park joy

also this means he was way more in the Halloween spirit than we were this year, cause we were broke and lazy so we didn't wear costumes to the museum party last night

n3zfqinsif45.jpg
    699zkuqhhfru.jpg

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    My roommate keeps trying to convince me to not go out to any parties on Halloween weekend.

He wants us to just stay in and drink.

So... I am definitely going to ditch him and go to a party.

Update!

Ahaha...
    Me: So you're still doing nothing for this Saturday?
    Roommate: I guess?
    Me: Alright, well I am definetly going to [our ex-roommate's] party.
    Roommate: God dammit... Really?
    Me: Listen, I only have priority for Saturday night and that's to get so drunk I pass-out in character. They're providing a bunch of free food, free alcohol and a free house to crash in.
    Roommate: Is that it?
    Me: WHAT ELSE IS THERE???
    Roommate: Alright, I guess I can drive us... God dammit.. God dammit...

So my roommate caved and will be joining me.

Ahahahahahahahahaha

Not sure which is more depressing, that you asked “what else is there”, or that he had no response.

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I can't stop thinking about this costume

BX06wJZCMAAXwfP.png

Holy SHIT!

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Costume idea I cannot execute this year but might try for next year: sci-fi bounty hunter with a bunch of Minion pelts.
    I think a minion pelt would feel like a deflated yellow balloon.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Guys I've decided I'm going to be Bob Newby for Halloween at the office. I have the outfit. How do I dye my hair a twinge of grey?

• AtheraalAtheraal Registered User regular
    Theme at work is 'rock star'

So I carved this out real quick:
    6q1gslzcp3y3.jpeg
    Hard/impossible to see in the photo, but I sliced up a garbage bag into strips for hair and fastened them around the sides with bits of toothpick. (tools at hand) The ones in front I balled up above to make the requisite topknot

The tongue is an entirely separate piece of pumpkin

• GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Nodding at the religious sandwich board people while dressed as the devil is probably my best memory of the night.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    So I'm working on my Halloween costume and my wife's. I put EL wire in the hoods in both as well as the sleeves in mine. Not as impressive in the light, but I'm hoping it looks cool in the dark. Did a makeup test run 36OQQv9l.jpg
    iVtFZQ2l.jpg

And bonus shot of my wife being the most casual evil overlord
    jIOnYr2l.jpg

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Help! I'm carving pumpkins tonight with my family and I have no idea what I wanna do. I think maybe a video game themed pumpkin? I I'm not even sure where to find good stencils online :/

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Eye of sauron. Leave middle as is and just like scratch the shit out of it off to the sides of the pupil

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    63312de562f94d3695e27ac3a2bae339.jpg

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Ghostbuster Update:

Noticed the LED bulb for my venting system in the Proton Pack was not igniting. Took it and the attached fan system for the vent out and the bulb is not working. Not sure if it is the bulb or what. Then I decided to refill the vent system but I think I did it wrong and smoke is not coming out.

For safety I just took out the whole system for now till I can figure out what is going on. It doesn't affect anything but overheating.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    hello thread it is me, wwe superstar chris jericho

ce828wp3ydnd.jpeg
    This is actually my costume from last year, but tonight I am going to an indie wrestling event called the GRAVEYARD SMASH, so

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    @Cello, are you to unleash the Walls of Jericho on some fool tonight?

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    @Cello, are you to unleash the Walls of Jericho on some fool tonight?

Heck no, we're going oldschool

Liontamer

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • AlexandierAlexandier Registered User regular
    8qvnnh9a1arm.jpg

My girlfriend and I had a Very Miyazaki Halloween.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I went to a party as a Perfectly Normal Human

zigykvg9z9eg.jpg

pvspfsnf6gwo.jpg

i6on4m5n6ksz.jpg

We did normal human things at an appropriate venue.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Perfectly normal humans all have electronic circuitry embedded in their skin and glow from within, right?