As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twilight Imperium: 4th edition - Game #1: And they're off!

• HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Elvenshae and Mojo seem to be in the lead at present. I think we should elect a player who isn't already well in front of everyone else. Like me. I'm certainly not winning at the moment. But I could be persuaded to support someone else's case if need be.

Hedgethorn on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    MrBlarney: Are you sure you want to help Mojo get further into the lead?

How about I buy your votes to elect me for this one.
    I am open to offers, of course. Whomever can provide the best deal...

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    No my promissory note is more expensive than that. I'm happy to move to voting. My offer is on the table

Also, I should point out that there is no putting me "further" into the lead when Elvenshae still has the most points and holds Metacol rex

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    I'll pay a commodity to the first two players who give me six or more votes on this.

Exchange two commodities for three of Preda's (two from the deal we agreed plus the debt from the earlier refresh)

Agreed.

My votes are for sale. Make offers.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    @MrBlarney @Preda

I'll pay you both 2 trade goods for 10 votes apiece.

I'll think about it. I'd rather do two goods for eight votes; I think I set a poor precedent with the (somewhat coincidental) 1:5 exchange rate. I'd also like to keep at least one vote for the second agenda in case the token voice is needed for benefit (rare, but it's more symbolic than anything). It also depends on what happens with the voting before mine.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited October 2017
    @MrBlarney @Preda

I agree with MrBlarney, willing to do 2 for 8.
    But @Mojo_Jojo I'm willing to do 11 votes and the elimination of another faction from the vote for 1 tg and your racial promisory...

Preda on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    @Preda 1TG and your votes isn't really enough for my promissory I'm afraid. The price goes up as you get to skip more and more prereqs.

I'd need the equivalent value of at least 5TG, your offer is almost 3.

11 votes and elimination of up to 14 votes aganist you isn't worth 5TG? Than I'm not interested in dealing with you. @Elvenshae interested in me stopping someone to vote aganist you in this Agenda?

edited October 2017
    How are you stopping the 14 votes? I seem to have misunderstood your offer

Mojo_Jojo on
    I can stop someone from voting by action card.

Oooh interesting. There probably are sabotages out there given the number of action cards we've been through without seeing one, so it's risky.
    I take it you need to play it before any votes?

It still feels like I could end up paying out quite a lot for no reward. Could you sweeten the pot with a commitment to invade Metacol Rex this round? Obviously I'll waive the usual fee for firing my PDSes at you when you do.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Bah, I'm bad at phone posting. Insert popcorn GIF here.

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Alright it's been a day and a half. Let's start finalizing deals and begin the voting.

edited October 2017
    @Preda @MrBlarney

I'll do 2 TG for 8 votes apiece.

And, naturally, you can't then use your anti-vote card to prevent me or MrBlarney from voting, @Preda. :D

Elvenshae on
  • HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    I have no trade goods to give away (the three commodities on my player board are an error, @MrBody), but am happy to consider other incentives for votes. I think we should all be hesitant before giving a greater advantage to the leader (Elvenshae) or to the player who's going to easily sweep up all the technology victory points (Mojo).

edited October 2017
    Hedgethorn wrote: »
    I have no trade goods to give away (the three commodities on my player board are an error, MrBody), but am happy to consider other incentives for votes. I think we should all be hesitant before giving a greater advantage to the leader (Elvenshae) or to the player who's going to easily sweep up all the technology victory points (Mojo).

Let's face it, everyone. I have two points that are my own (Mecatol Rex, 1 public objective). The other is on-loan from @Brody.

@Mojo_Jojo hasn't even scored any of the tech-related public objectives yet, let alone any secret objectives he might have, and he's got the base to do so easily. I am nominally in the lead right now, but that is largely illusion - Mojo is the actual leader so far.

Moreover, as the game continues, he's just going to keep pulling farther and farther ahead in technology, making his somewhat smaller empire far more dangerous than it would appear from the outside. Look at my forces and their posture compared to his; I am, intentionally, overextended, because I wanted to get the agenda phase rolling faster in my first game.

Elvenshae on
    Actually, that reminds me. Don't you owe me five votes in some sort of Agenda vote, from that Ceasefire note trade earlier? Considering the objectives out there, I could use a third Trade Good instead of those five votes. So that'd be eight votes for three Trade Goods, to account for that previous deal? Again, we'll see how necessary those votes are once it gets to be my turn.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Hedgethorn wrote: »
    I have no trade goods to give away (the three commodities on my player board are an error, MrBody), but am happy to consider other incentives for votes. I think we should all be hesitant before giving a greater advantage to the leader (Elvenshae) or to the player who's going to easily sweep up all the technology victory points (Mojo).

Let's face it, everyone. I have two points that are my own (Mecatol Rex, 1 public objective). The other is on-loan from Brody.

Mojo_Jojo hasn't even scored any of the tech-related public objectives yet, let alone any secret objectives he might have, and he's got the base to do so easily. I am nominally in the lead right now, but that is largely illusion - Mojo is the actual leader so far.

Moreover, as the game continues, he's just going to keep pulling farther and farther ahead in technology, making his somewhat smaller empire far more dangerous than it would appear from the outside. Look at my forces and their posture compared to his; I am, intentionally, overextended, because I wanted to get the agenda phase rolling faster in my first game.

This incorporeal propaganda is utterly transparent and none of these fine opaque races will fall for it. Even if they don't choose to live in protective glass bowls

MrBlarney wrote: »
    Actually, that reminds me. Don't you owe me five votes in some sort of Agenda vote, from that Ceasefire note trade earlier? Considering the objectives out there, I could use a third Trade Good instead of those five votes. So that'd be eight votes for three Trade Goods, to account for that previous deal? Again, we'll see how necessary those votes are once it gets to be my turn.

Yes, I owe you five votes at some point in the future; which vote you want to spend them on is up to you. I'd obviously prefer you to not use them on this one, for obvious reasons. :) If you'd rather have 1 trade good instead, that can definitely be arranged.

Similarly, if I purchase 8 votes, I would expect to receive 8 votes. Elsewise, the price paid goes down.

Ok, I've no intention to commit to an attack on Mecatol this turn, so No deal. With everyone. I'll keep my votes to myself.

edited October 2017
    Cool. I think deals are all laid out and tentatively accepted then? Let's push on.

@brody to vote then, I think

Mojo_Jojo on
    edited October 2017
    I thought Hedgethorn was going to vote first, but I'll Pass

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

A major perk of the speaker is that you get to settle ties and vote last. So you can only spend what you need in the first agenda.

@Preda you're vote. Currently all players are on zero,

Cast 12 vote for myself, than play "Distinguished Councilor- After you cast your vote for an outcome of an agenda, cast 5 additional votes for that outcome." total 17 votes for Winnu. @MrBlarney

@Elvenshae: Confirm the eight votes for three trade goods deal (and dropping the five vote return from you)? My votes will still help you take the agenda, as long as Jol-Nar and Arborec do not interfere...

4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited October 2017
    @MrBlarney

I'm of a mind to let Preda win this one, actually. Let's pass for now, and rediscuss on the next vote. Because if I can guarantee one thing, it's that Jol-Nar and Arborec would interfere.

Elvenshae on
    Of course, having both races in the vote means that they can still interfere in the second agenda. So how's about this:

@Hedgethorn: I will give you three votes if you want this agenda. Since you do have the Speaker token and can take the tie (assuming no votes from Jol-Nar). Otherwise I'll abstain and we can all have a big ol' fracas in the second agenda.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    @MrBlarney Three votes given to support our leafy endeavours would be welcomed, and would firmly root our friendship in this galactic soil.

Cast three votes for Arborec.

@Elvenshae is up for voting.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Pass

@Mojo_Jojo to voto.

edited October 2017
    abstain

@Hedgethorn to vote

Mojo_Jojo on
    I cast all 14 of my votes for Arborec. Vote ties at Winnu 17 - Arborec 17. As speaker, I give Committee Formation to the Arborec player.

Pause briefly in case anyone has an action card that'll change things up (@Preda, @MrBlarney @Mojo_Jojo @Elvenshae @Brody).

Then it'll go over to @MrBody for the second agenda.

I have nothing to play
    [/quote]

Good voting round there. Lots of drama

Nothing to play here.

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Votes left

Brody 8
    Preda 0
    MrBlarney 7
    Elvenshae 13
    Mojo 13
    Hedgethorn 0 **Speaker**

2nd agenda

Core Mining
    LAW
    Elect Hazardous Planet
    Attach this card to the elected planet.
    Destroy 1 infantry on that planet.
    The planet's resource value is increased by 2 while this card is attached.

edited October 2017
    Really the question is why we aren't all mining our cores. That's where the good stuff is.

@brody can I offer you two TG for all your votes?

If not I'm open to anybody looking to bid on mine

(Also, should we agree a 24 hour period max for deal making like Game 2 have? We seem to spend a long time arguing about deals that go nowhere)

Mojo_Jojo on
    I still have an assassination for sale...

Well, there are certainly a lot of deal-making possibilities here. Since Sakulag already has a value boost, I don't like the idea of boosting it further. I'd love to pump up Bereg, but I'm a little lacking in material for deal-making.

Still... @Brody, are you interested in accepting my Trade Agreement promissory note to support my votes on Bereg? Or would you rather give me your Trade Agreement in order to earn my support on something like Starpoint? Trading just the Trade Agreement note seems a bit small for this kind of upgrade, but perhaps some additional non-binding deal could be added in to make it stick.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    @MrBlarney sold, for a Trade Agreement Promissory Note.