As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Running an RPG at PAX Aus

BruceLGLBruceLGL Registered User regular
I've asked this in another thread but haven't gotten traction. How are RPGs and GMs organised for PAX Australia? How would I submit to run an official game?

If this cannot be done I would like to run this game I have prepared unofficially anyway:

Scarlet Pimpernel:

In 1793 following the French revolution Robespierre enacted a Reign of Terror to persecute all accused of being enemies of the people. Joint the League of the Pimpernel to outwit the Committee of Public Safety and smuggle the unjustly persecuted out from under the blade of Madame la Guillotine.

• vonhistvonhist Mr Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    That sounds like fun. Which days and how long is the game?

• BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    We have very few Official RPG sessions. Id say for this one, your best bet would probably be organize some times and people on these forums or elsewhere, and then claim a freeplay table and do your thing. Freeplay tables are most available in the morning or very late, fyi.

Then when there, you can talk to the Table Top HQ people about how you might be able to do it differently next year. But the answer might be do what you did again next time. We generally only run sign ups for Official tournaments. Exhibitors sometimes run play sessions, but their process would be up to them.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • BruceLGLBruceLGL Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Beker,

There was quote a long list last year (https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/207713/roleplaying-game-events-at-pax-aus-2016) or were these not 'official'?

In particular there were lists for people to sign up, I could commit to running sessions if there was a system to do so. Are there not going to be any listed games this year (excluding D&D)? Participation here is pretty small, without a sign up section I think organising a group would be particularly hard.

vonhist:

As above, I don't know. I would allow 2.5 hours. If there isn't a sign up capability and we have to fight for tables I can Friday morning if I have players organised in advance, or otherwise maybe late Friday if I can get players during the day somehow. I can run additional days if there is more interest or that is when people are available.

I am very keen to see what other RPGs might be going down also.

BruceLGL on
  • BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    BruceLGL wrote: »
    Beker,
    There was quote a long list last year (https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/207713/roleplaying-game-events-at-pax-aus-2016) or were these not 'official'?

I didn't realize there were so many sign ups last year, interesting, thanks for sharing it. "official" is an interesting term, I'm not sure if those sessions were organized by the Table Top enforcers, or if they were organized by others, and TT HQ just hosted sign ups for them, which they do for many community\sponsored events as it keeps them central. Regardless, this late starting the organization here is probably your best bet, and then checking with the TT HQ Enforcers on site would be the best answer.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • delwyndelwyn Melbourne, AURegistered User regular
    Hi Bruce, there are plenty of organised RPG events at PAX Aus this year, and I'll be posting the blurbs and a schedule this weekend (life has unfortunately kept me from these forums the past few weeks.)

I do have some slots free in the schedule, so I'll PM you my details to get in touch.

[E] Delwyn
    TT RPG wrangler :)

find / -name base -user you -exec chown -R us {} \;
    vgjxaRK.png
  • BruceLGLBruceLGL Registered User regular
    Big thanks to all my Star Wars and Scarlet Pimpernel players. Great fun was had, and it was really good to see many different approaches to the same situations.

I have already started brainstorming for next year, if anyone has suggestions for a setting they would like to see let me know.