As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Melbourne Gaming Community

mish_kebabmish_kebab Registered User new member
Heya all,

I'm not sure this is the right place to do this, but I figure the reason I'm even wanting to reach out is because of PAX so... here we are.

After recently squandering a perfectly good opportunity to reach out to people in the community (see: PAX Aus) due to a crazy panel schedule among other things; I'm really keen to get into Dungeons and Dragons and also learn some board games (a healthy mix of both, hopefully).

Are there any groups on here looking for more peoples, or are there any recommendations on where I should be prodding to start my journey into these areas?

I have played some of both before, but not for a while; I would consider myself pretty new to both though. It's been a while.

• Options
    vonhistvonhist Mr Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Search for groups on meetup.com, there is quite a few. Also try your local games store, they often have gaming space. What part of Melbourne are you in?

• Options
    Sounds great, thank you for the suggestions.

I'm in Docklands, so pretty much the CBD.

• Options
    vonhistvonhist Mr Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    You have several choices: there are many meetups in the city. Games Laboratory in Little Lonsdale st between Queen and Elisabeth has an excellent game space.

• Options
    Thanks :) I guess it's time to break out of my shell a bit and give it a try.

Will be kicking myself a little that I didn't use the opportunity at PAX to try, ah well.