As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Apparently Sony had a big Playstation thing going on that day

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    damn, that looks good

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    oooooooooooooooooooooooo

a new ninja game???

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Ghost of Tsushima, new IP, samurai game, Sucker Punch! That's what they've been up to since Second Son

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Ohhhh, the Sucker Punch logo drew me back in.

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    so the spelunky dog is some kind of immortal guardian of that bloodline, right

Fuckin love that stupid, stupid dog

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Hell yes a new SuckerPunch game, those folks are great

CYpGAPn.png
    hmm... name dropping Toby Fox...

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Ghost of Tsushima, new IP, samurai game, Sucker Punch! That's what they've been up to since Second Son

Obviously no gameplay was really shown, but I think it was actually suggesting that it's going to be stealth/ninja game in the mold of Tenchu.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    The Playstation account says it's an open-world game, cause of course it is

6F32U1X.png
    metaghost wrote: »

Obviously no gameplay was really shown, but I think it was actually suggesting that it's going to be stealth/ninja game in the mold of Tenchu.

sweet merciful jesus

i'm really stoked

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Brooklyn Okami?

7h8wnycre6vs.png

I'd be down for either, they called him "samurai" though

I just want a new Onimusha

Okay I'm down for this art game

Okay, I'm smiling a lot watching this paintbrush trailer game.

• SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    at least my paintbrush friends dont bully me

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Open world Samurai game, presumably that was Kublai Khan as the villain?

Hermano on

PSN- AHermano
    Slash/Trust

Is this the new game by the Until Dawn devs?

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Her Story 2 is weird.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

what's up with the dudes on the couch...?

Brolo wrote: »
    what's up with the dudes on the couch...?

They're having a stock photo shoot over there

6F32U1X.png
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular

I'd be down for either, they called him "samurai" though

I just want a new Onimusha

Well, it seems like Protagonist was a samurai who is presumed dead and then, you know, comes back for some ninja-revenge as the Ghost of Tsushima.

And hopefully when they say "open world", they mean more in the vein of Horizon, which is to say "heavily narrative, but the player can pursue multiple threads for a relatively non-linear experience".

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    final fantasy fishing sim what?

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    give me bloodborne 2 or go to hell

Fearghaill wrote: »
    final fantasy fishing sim what?

It's already basically the best fishing game

Just put in VR

oh this spy game trailer feels like it was cut and set to music in the early 2000s

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    The VR reel had a bunch of what seemed like low budget rip offs in it?

Cheap VR Horizon Zero Dawn
    Playstation Hover Junkers
    that game where you're deaf and look around using echolocation

Ghost of Tsushima description:
    The year is 1274. Samurai warriors are the legendary defenders of Japan--until the fearsome Mongol Empire invades the island of Tsushima, wreaking havoc and conquering the local population. As one of the last surviving samurai, you rise from the ashes to fight back. But, honorable tactics won't lead you to victory. You must move beyond your samurai traditions to forge a new way of fighting--the way of the Ghost--as you wage an unconventional war for the freedom of Japan.

Sign me up.

hey you know what i don't want in VR

a nightclub shootout

6F32U1X.png
    #pipe wrote: »
    The VR reel had a bunch of what seemed like low budget rip offs in it?

Cheap VR Horizon Zero Dawn
    Playstation Hover Junkers
    that game where you're deaf and look around using echolocation

yeah I'm not sure if those are just like... VR "experiences" ? $20 for a game you'll play for 20 minutes.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    so Blood & Truth looks and sounds terrible!

angry white dude shootybang (on rails?), it seems like they badly wanted to have a VR FPS and went with the most generic crap they could

Jane_Peaches and Ted_Cheeseburger

Remember when they tried to trick you into thinking Far Cry 5 would have absolutely anything relevant to say

6F32U1X.png
    hey Ubisoft, I don't know if that shot of the screen covered with your standard open-world activity icons is really the selling point you think it is

Yessss gimme more Destiny stuff

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    hey Ubisoft, I don't know if that shot of the screen covered with your standard open-world activity icons is really the selling point you think it is

dN0T6ur.png
    I hope this new Monster Hunter is fun to play

I know they're trying to make it more accessible but I'm not sure how you make those games fun without changing practically their whole identity

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    mmmm icons

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    london heist was a really cool vr game so i'm glad they are getting to do a full one of those with bloodntruth, looks good

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg