As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

RAM: MSpaint Drawing game: Round Three results (pg. 6)

• JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Still feeling under the weather. New drawing will actually start tomorrow. 10/27

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    hope you feel better soon!

everyone draw jebus a campbell's chicken noodle soup can from memory

uc3ufTB.png
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Get well soon.

Also, slip me the prompt before everyone else.

But mostly get well soon.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    hope you feel better soon!

everyone draw jebus a campbell's chicken noodle soup can from memory
    pVFFSNX.png

I got the chicken. I got the noodle. Nailed it!

• RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Andy Warhol would be proud

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    t0zzb1rd0jmi.png

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    q1fve5h7awv2.png

uc3ufTB.png
    p6ic7qfbkg75.png

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    t0zzb1rd0jmi.png

Excuse me that is a @natek not a chicken noodle!

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I forgot the beak. The rest is spot on.

Alright. You all have inspired me with this Campbell's talk. We are going to do something a little different. This might be tough for the Europeans. Do we have Europeans?

But I think everyone else should do okay. Google says they have a wide distribution and it appears the branding is the same in different countries.

the new drawing is
    A can of Spam.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    Oooooh. I think I know this one... But we'll see

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Ah hah hah I had to look that up and I was WAY off!

Huh.
    That is a way more elaborate label than I remember. Can we have a contest to see who can remember the most ingredients from potted meat? After working in a grocery store, I will never forget the combination of mechanically separated chicken, beef hearts, and partially defatted fatty pork tissue.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Huh.
    That is a way more elaborate label than I remember. Can we have a contest to see who can remember the most ingredients from potted meat? After working in a grocery store, I will never forget the combination of mechanically separated chicken, beef hearts, and partially defatted fatty pork tissue.
    I think spam just has the ingredients as pork and ham. It is way less organy than most of them.

Fun fact. Mechanically separated meat is the little bits left on the bone and the weird unusable cuts blasted against a mesh grate.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Huh.
    I think spam just has the ingredients as pork and ham. It is way less organy than most of them.

Fun fact. Mechanically separated meat is the little bits left on the bone and the weird unusable cuts blasted against a mesh grate.
    I looked and there are about 10 ingredients. But most of them are like.. water and salt.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Man I am genuinely surprised with how well I did!
    I thought for sure it used a slab serif font

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    hmm
    I think I somehow made the can less palatable.

discrider on
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Wow.
    I didn't even get the shape of the can right.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    I nailed this shit.. I think

• JandaruJandaru New ZealandRegistered User regular
    We totally have this thing available to purchase in New Zealand.
    GIS tells me I was thinking of "Spam classic".
    Either way I got the colour of the can wrong.

0ijlzpptari2.png
  • DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I think I have a better handle on this one in that I at least have something I'm aiming for unlike the BMW disaster

edit: thats probably gonna be my most accurate one out of all of these

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Jandaru wrote: »
    We totally have this thing available to purchase in New Zealand.
    GIS tells me I was thinking of "Spam classic".
    Either way I got the colour of the can wrong.
    I, too, was thinking of Spam Classic when it came to the style of meat shown. I got the shape and colors right, but not the placement of the text.

edited October 2017
    This'll be the only drawing where you have an advantage if you live in Minnesota, Hawaii, the Philippines or Japan.
    Edit: or if you're 95

JebusUD on
    I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I think this is the closest Ive come to actually remembering the thing in question.

Also I want to thank JebusUD for the game. I used to doodle in the doodle thread with mspaint and this is really fun to try even if Im not the best at it.

okay yeah it's been way too long since i've seen one of those

nobody tell my hawaiian family members how bad i did

uc3ufTB.png
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    I originally thought the lettering was yellow, but then thought it couldn't be, because yellow on blue would be too similar to the Ikea logo, so I changed it to white.

whoooooops

broken image link
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Yeah I don’t think I’m going to be able to get mine in, since I’m nowhere near a computer until the end of the week, so I’ll step out of this I think.

• RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Yeah I don’t think I’m going to be able to get mine in, since I’m nowhere near a computer until the end of the week, so I’ll step out of this I think.

All your points are forfeit, and you must sing the last line of the hoedown

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Huh. And here I thought they used Impact for their font, but I wasn't even close.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
    Fonts? FONTS! You hand draw this shit on your phone!

Fonts...

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular

Fonts...

fonts are a very important part of a logo

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

Fonts...

fonts are a very important part of a logo

You may not be aware of this but literally every logo uses Calibri.

I know this because it is the default in my mspaint.

steam_sig.png
    to be fair, calibri is a hella good typeface

uc3ufTB.png
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    to be fair, calibri is a hella good typeface

It's no Papyrus, but it'll do.

edited October 2017
    I had maroon Papyrus for my MSN Messenger typeface from about 1999-2002.

Tragically, it replaced maroon Diablo Font, which didn't even have lower-case letters.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
    i got through a lot

a lot

of art school using cambria/calibri as my go-to serif/sans serif fonts for design work

poplar, too, it's really easy to spot but damn if it isn't nice to look at

uc3ufTB.png
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Fun fact: in Guatemala, the local Maya are fond of throwing cans of Spam into fires so they explode loudly. I believe this is done as a way of venerating Maximon, although my memory on the issue is sketchy beyond an now instinctual habit of never turning my back at anyone holding a can near a bonfire, because exploding metal under pressure in small enclosed spaces are the kind of thing you very rapidly become hyperaware of after even short exposure.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.