As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Indie Games] would be great on Switch!

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Giant bomb has spent zero time with hollow Knight it would be a surprising inclusion

yeah Brad played enough of it for a quicklook, but that's it

also what is Brad's Brothers of 2017?

I mean nothing's the "stubbornly obsess over it" but it's Hellblade

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Spy Party
    Night In The Woods: Weird Autumn is an expanded edition of the original. Featuring a whole bunch of new content, think of it as the Night In The Woods director's cut. Additionally: XBOX and PC/Mac/Linux players will receive the two supplemental games Longest Night and Lost Constellation on launch date, with PS4 players getting in on that in January 2018.

NITW: WA will be arriving on Xbox One, PS4, PC/Mac/Linux on December 13th. The new content will be a free patch for all current owners of the game. Stay tuned for info about other platforms!

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Turns out my waiting to play Night in the Woods has paid off!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    DayZ
    GUACAMELEE 2 WAS JUST ANNOUNCED OH FUCK

Easily my favorite Metroidvania, I didn't think we'd get another one

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

I really liked it until it turned into Super Meat Boy. Then I deleted it and never looked back.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Spy Party
    SLEEPY... DAGS ????

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Spy Party
    Oh, i've been following the Gardens Between for a while

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I still want to do a Sleeping Dogs runthrough where I wear the cop uniform throughout.

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular

FUCK YES!!

• Options
    Tube wrote: »
    I still want to do a Sleeping Dogs runthrough where I wear the cop uniform throughout.

you yourself or your character

asking for a friend

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    DayZ
    They also just announced a new tennis game, scoooore

Did you know this gen is over four years old and there hasn't been a tennis game

I do

Because it's been painful

The livestream is here by the way

https://youtu.be/LADV0465OFc

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Spy Party
    I'm not sure I want a new Spelunky game?

Or I don't really know how to process the idea of a new Spelunky game?

I loved the original, and I've put a ton of time into the remake on Steam, but I've never cared quite as much for it, I guess. It added a bunch of cool stuff and I dig all of that, but it lost some of what had originally charmed me in the process I think. And I guess I'm worried a sequel would continue that trend.

Edit: Or maybe it will be the reverse, and the reason the remake never inspired as much joy in me is because it was reusing a lot of the elements I was already used to seeing, so something wholly new could fix that for me.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    i am extremely excited to watch other people play spelunky 2 on youtube

i'll also buy it but i won't play it

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

I really liked it until it turned into Super Meat Boy. Then I deleted it and never looked back.

I'm still waiting for a SMB2.

I know it won't happen, but a man can dream.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    CromartyCromarty Danielle Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

I loved the original, and I've put a ton of time into the remake on Steam, but I've never cared quite as much for it, I guess. It added a bunch of cool stuff and I dig all of that, but it lost some of what had originally charmed me in the process I think. And I guess I'm worried a sequel would continue that trend.

Edit: Or maybe it will be the reverse, and the reason the remake never inspired as much joy in me is because it was reusing a lot of the elements I was already used to seeing, so something wholly new could fix that for me.
    Yeah, it feels kind of like getting Nethack 2 or something. It would have to be a dramatically different thing to really grab me, I think.
    Also, while I'm thinking about it, Tastes Like Spelunky is a mod of the original on pc that is pretty good - you play as a jungle plant that has to actually eat objects in order to imitate them, so you can get some effects permanently that are limited in the base game, but you can only have a few of them at a time.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Spy Party
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Turns out my waiting to play Night in the Woods has paid off!

I was thinking of buying NITW vanilla since it's on the Steam Halloween sale. I guess still can? Just maybe wait to actually play.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Night In The Woods: Weird Autumn is an expanded edition of the original. Featuring a whole bunch of new content, think of it as the Night In The Woods director's cut. Additionally: XBOX and PC/Mac/Linux players will receive the two supplemental games Longest Night and Lost Constellation on launch date, with PS4 players getting in on that in January 2018.

NITW: WA will be arriving on Xbox One, PS4, PC/Mac/Linux on December 13th. The new content will be a free patch for all current owners of the game. Stay tuned for info about other platforms!

OH MY GOD, YES

NO NEWS CAN POSSIBLY TOP THIS

Mr. G wrote: »

4nBzKI3.gif

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    If it's a similar jump from Spelunky to Spelunky, then I may be intrigued

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    DayZ
    Does Sony have a consolidated writeup anywhere?

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Straightzi wrote: »

Personally, I love the remake. It's one of my most played games on steam, over 500 hours. The extra stages they added for the remake are completely awesome. The original is nigh unplayable for me now by comparison.

I can't wait for more Spelunky.

I just hope they include online coop this time, instead of making the mod pick up the slack!

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

um

http://supermeatboy.com/

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    DayZ
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

um

That is not called Super Meat Boy 2 and is an endless runner rather than a tightly designed stage-based precision platformer in the way most people are expecting from a full sequel to Super Meat Boy. Pretty broadly considered a spin-off of the franchise rather than a full follow-up

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Yeah like when i heard about that i was DEEPLY disappointed

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited October 2017

um

That is not called Super Meat Boy 2 and is an endless runner rather than a tightly designed stage-based precision platformer in the way most people are expecting from a full sequel to Super Meat Boy. Pretty broadly considered a spin-off of the franchise rather than a full follow-up

Oh that's some bullshit, especially with this on their website
    Is This a Sequel?

Yes. This is Super Meat Boy 2, but with a less boring name than “Super Meat Boy 2”.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I do not accept that as a sequel to Super Meat Boy 2

Had they called it "Super Meat Boy 2" I would still not accept it as a sequel

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Super Meat Boy 2: Seriously We Mean It

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options

um

Is This a Sequel?

Yes. This is Super Meat Boy 2, but with a less boring name than “Super Meat Boy 2”.

Its not bullshit

Its a completely different t style of game eith a different style of control

I wouldn't accept someome telling me metroid prime is a sequel to super metroid, either

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options

um

Is This a Sequel?

Its not bullshit

I wouldn't accept someome telling me metroid prime is a sequel to super metroid, either

I mean that they're saying it's a direct sequel

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options

um

Is This a Sequel?

Its not bullshit

well sadly you'll have to when it's the creator telling you that

and then hope for smb3

• Options

um

Is This a Sequel?

Its not bullshit

and then hope for smb3

I dont, actually

But thank you for dictating to me what i must do

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    This seems like a fruitful conversation topic.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular

um

Is This a Sequel?

Its not bullshit

and then hope for smb3

I dont, actually

He's not wrong though

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular

um

Is This a Sequel?

Its not bullshit

I barely tolerate people telling me Metroid Prime is a Metroid game

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular

um

Is This a Sequel?

Its not bullshit

Well yeah it's a prequel :P

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    DayZ

um

Is This a Sequel?

Yeah that first point was not particularly serious as it was merely a technicality after all. My main point was that an endless runner is a significant diversion from the previous game and thus understandably not what many people are looking for in a sequel.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

um

Is This a Sequel?

Its not bullshit

and then hope for smb3

I dont, actually

seriously dude

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Star Citizen

um

Is This a Sequel?

Yeah that first point was not particularly serious as it was merely a technicality after all. My main point was that an endless runner is a significant diversion from the previous game and thus understandably not what many people are looking for in a sequel.

but it's not that
    Is This an Infinite-Runner?

No, Super Meat Boy Forever’s levels have a defined start and end, no infinite running.

This discussion has been closed.