As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Candy Corn Vampires, Hocus Pocus, And Other Signs That It's [Halloween]

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Happy nightmare before Christmas.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcBWXRFSGE0

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Perfectly normal humans all have electronic circuitry embedded in their skin and glow from within, right?

I'm n trying to think of a way to get my earrings to light up that won't burn me.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Coin battery in your collar hooked up to some teeny tiny LEDs hot glued to the earrings?

I mean that's how I did my collar but I can almost guarantee the wiring will pull apart if I hook it up to my ears. Cause of head articulation.
    Best thing would be for them to be self contained, but then I'm glueing batteries to my ears or skull, which is a bad move. Also my next event is tomorrow night so I can't buy anything requiring shipping, or that isn't in the lab, pretty much.

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    My son (13) decided not to trick or treat this year but still needed a costume for his bowling league party. He ended up going as the sketchy fake doctor from the Addiction Network commercials.
    9lk0fdwzacn7.jpg

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
  • chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Nightmare Before Christmas with a live symphony orchestra was cool. Highly recommended.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Right. I wired in an emergency replacement LED for the proton pack venting system so at least some light will kick in inside the N-Filter to give it some visual clue next to the audio vent sounds.

Still no smoke being generated by the e-cig. It was working before I refilled it. Not sure why it should stop working now.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    I mean that's how I did my collar but I can almost guarantee the wiring will pull apart if I hook it up to my ears. Cause of head articulation.
    Best thing would be for them to be self contained, but then I'm glueing batteries to my ears or skull, which is a bad move. Also my next event is tomorrow night so I can't buy anything requiring shipping, or that isn't in the lab, pretty much.

glue them to a hair clip and run a wire to your ear?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Right. I wired in an emergency replacement LED for the proton pack venting system so at least some light will kick in inside the N-Filter to give it some visual clue next to the audio vent sounds.

Still no smoke being generated by the e-cig. It was working before I refilled it. Not sure why it should stop working now.

I gotta shake mine up sometimes. Check all the hoses.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

azo6kxu161ws.png

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »

I gotta shake mine up sometimes. Check all the hoses.

Eh I don't want to open that sucker up again tomorrow or Tuesday so I will live with it for now. It did the no smoke thing before once and then it just randomly started working.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

Hmmmmmm
    ...if I can make sure the hair clip stays in ... Hmm.

Hmmmmmm
    ...if I can make sure the hair clip stays in ... Hmm.

(hair clip is the right term for what I'm thinking I hope)

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    I mean, possibly not, but the question stands for any kind of hair accessory. This is my hair we're talking about.

I was thinking the ones that are kind of like alligator clips instead of those bar like ones that snap with tension. Just glue it to your hair if it doesn't nbd it'll come out eventually.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
  • E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    Banana clips are pretty big, they might work while still holding weight like a battery. You might be able to pick up led earrings from a chain store like walmart or hot topic, I know I've seen them sold for halloween in the past.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Bobby pins?

I was thinking something like these:

41zo%2BWJeJEL.jpg

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    So that Halloween costume party was awesome.

The whole party had a mini-game aspect built into it, so you had to keep playing games like Beer Pong or King's Cup to win points which would determine who won the overall party.

My roommate came dressed as Kylo Ren and the drunker he got the more like Kylo Ren he became.

He ended up throwing a fit and everyone laughed at him for not winning.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

The whole party had a mini-game aspect built into it, so you had to keep playing games like Beer Pong or King's Cup to win points which would determine who won the overall party.

My roommate came dressed as Kylo Ren and the drunker he got the more like Kylo Ren he became.

this is exactly how i imagine any competition with tristan would go

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Zonugal wrote: »

this is exactly how i imagine any competition with tristan would go

He ended up winning the costume competition.

But then our really insecure friend became jealous and started accusing him of cheating at it!

And Tristan countered by telling him that he voted for the insecure friend's costume!

But our insecure friend wouldn't believe him, so he doubled-down on calling Tristan a cheater.

And at that moment I got off.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    October's been wild for my Ghostbusting alter-ego. We got invited as guests to a rad 80s party/fundraiser for the Atlanta Beltline last thursday, which produced this video:

As well as one of my favorite photos of me in uniform ever.
    rqXrODkl.jpg
    photo credit to Steve Eberhardt of Creative Loafing Atlanta
    More photos from this month, feturing the 2017 Halloween Beltline Bash and the Little 5 Points Halloween Parade:
    prdyykGl.jpg
    8Qw7LB5l.jpg
    FF90HUsl.jpg
    K0x7SQNl.jpg
    BQBeJyLh.jpg
    3pWqRacl.jpg
    NttVzX7h.jpg
    m5yOumtl.jpg

Tomorrow I'll be heading to the enhanced trick-or-treat experience my friend has set up at his house to cap off the season.

On the upside I lost enough weight that I had to tighten my equipment belt. On the downside I can no longer wear my Ghost Trap on my belt comfortably.

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Halloween had kinda snuck up on me.
    It's tomorrow yeah?

VayBJ4e.png
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Freddy sweater for the semi-subtle office costume, sith robes and lightsaber to spook the kids st my parents after work. Gonna be a chill Halloween.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    edited October 2017
    On the upside I lost enough weight that I had to tighten my equipment belt. On the downside I can no longer wear my Ghost Trap on my belt comfortably.

As a dude who is at the very last of the slack on his belt, I am very happy for you. I need to know your secret but if it's diet or exercise I just can't follow it.

Halloween had kinda snuck up on me.
    It's tomorrow yeah?

It's always been Halloween and it will always be Halloween!

TankHammer on
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I Halloweened very hard today

I carved a pumpkin!
    sg2i4mnbkx0l.jpeg

4im98njmrya6.jpeg

Also I spent a few hours knocking together a Black Canary costume for geek trivia and I am angry that it worked out so well with such less effort than my usual month-long builds

r6x5unvq7wj8.jpeg

82ejfeujcq52.jpeg

Mask is craft foam with Plasti-Dip and Mod Podge. The rest I dug out of my closet from my Jericho costume or just general winter wear.

I'm gonna remake this for the next PAX and do a more detailed mask, I think

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
    Woo won second place in the individual costume competition!

I lost to this guy (he also had a very well made head with glowing eyes, not pictured)

zndv6lca42lw.jpg

One of my friends came as Beaker in a home made costume, with pipe cleaner hair, and was frigging robbed, if you ask me.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I have no idea what that guy is supposed to be

He's actually a very well made robot, but it's hard to tell without the head.

This guy was great:
    y2maxb3blto8.jpg

Halfway through the evening he made off with a Blofeld's stuffed cat.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Happy Halloween from the Midnight Society.
    QIEdHB3.jpg

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I am sorry for objectively failing the Halloween thread again but you all have done very well and today I caught up (instead of doing the actual work that super needs to be done still here, jfc my job is a gruelling slog).

I didn't do any costumes at PAX Aus but there were many super rad cosplayers, including these guys, who owned bones:

h2gg3WMl.jpg

(Their jackets say Kakariko Krew on the front and back.)

Tonight I'm going to a white trash party, for which I have purchased a pair of tights from NMBQ (ethically and locally made clothing) in Melbourne, which are covered in stamps of Donald Trump's face. I also plan to buy and convert a pair of men's briefs into a crop top. That... should work, right?

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Holy SHIT.

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Happy Halloween from the Midnight Society.
    QIEdHB3.jpg

guess I should post this here, too

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I was Bob Newby for Halloween at work and nobody got the reference. It made me very sad. I even had a stack of brain teasers!

More like Sadloween.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I was an inverted exclamation point!

But I was told that wasn't quite curvy enough, so I think I became an interrobang. Or a curly brace.

Essentially, I wore a black dress. And I have black hair.